Sign in to follow this  
kyle_phoenix

Devs. you doing something wrong

what u mean is that the game has settled at around 11k players daily ok thanks for that

all games ever have a drop from initial release , look the peaks on that chart all that shows is release high numbers and has now settled at around 11k players at PEAK evening times each day , 

there are the odd exception to his as some games ie battle royale type games do grow i.e fornite pubg , but even they start to drop once the next big thing comes around , if you are too stupid to see this then all this post reeks of is attention whoring .....

Edited by UDO

Maybe it is a lack of patience on the players side? For Ark it turned out good. I learned that in EA you have to patient. Atlas is still in development. Thats a fact and that way it should been seen. The devs really dont need you guys to know about numbers.

It is just wrong to await an full game experience and to cry about it all the time. If you cant stand it, then play something else and return to a later point. Thats probably what most guys figuerd out already and what makes the numbers low. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, UDO said:

what u mean is that the game has settled at around 11k players daily ok thanks for that

all games ever have a drop from initial release , look the peaks on that chart all that shows is release high numbers and has now settled at around 11k players at PEAK evening times each day , 

there are the odd exception to his as some games ie battle royale type games do grow i.e fornite pubg , but even they start to drop once the next big thing comes around , if you are too stupid to see this then all this post reeks of is attention whoring .....

All these playerbase threads is attention whoring. But if he gets his satisfaction out of it (even though that’s really sad) we should live with that right. 

40 minutes ago, Percieval said:

All these playerbase threads is attention whoring. But if he gets his satisfaction out of it (even though that’s really sad) we should live with that right. 

same threads each and every day ,every game ever spikes at content patches dies down week or 2 after , nothing new with this game .....

too many player trying to make out things are different with this game , its not .... and will never be any different for any other game , new game everyone exited couple weeks later move along to the new flavor of month 

1 hour ago, Samstag Freitagsson said:

Maybe it is a lack of patience on the players side? For Ark it turned out good. I learned that in EA you have to patient. Atlas is still in development. Thats a fact and that way it should been seen. The devs really dont need you guys to know about numbers.

It is just wrong to await an full game experience and to cry about it all the time. If you cant stand it, then play something else and return to a later point. Thats probably what most guys figuerd out already and what makes the numbers low. 

ARK was a different game with a different setup. You got lots of dino action in ARK, there is very little yarrr in Atlas.

1 hour ago, UDO said:

Hasn’t really settled yet. Still dropped about .25 in the last few hours. You are right though it is slowing down. I am pretty sure it will fully settle around the 8k range, maybe 9k.

but yeah still dropping, just slowly

Keep calling people who make these threads attention whores and keep telling yourself that all these numbers are "'normal" for any game. I've made a topic weeks ago about the comparison the other games and my man, Ark and Atlas are two shitshows together, those who say that it's normal to have lost so many players and considering it's just 11k players at peaks dispersed over so many servers and grids it's just a wasteland in game. Most people probably even just log in to keep up maintenance for their flags and log out shortly after. Very immersive gameplay right? Then u have these forumtrolls who say go play unofficial or something else if u don't like it... First they didn't listen to us since launch about the real isseus, the game nearly bled to dead then they say they gonna fix alot of bullshit players really wanted to have fixed, messed that up, game bleeds to death even more. Those who believe they will finish this and it will ever get out of EA status are delusional.

The only official reply from anyone was from Jerryn who's a moderator here and that was cuz i called the dev team crackaddicts and he said that's a nono ... I understand now that crackaddicts have more perseverence and insight than the devs and it was wrong from me to insult crackaddicts in such a way. I uninstalled this game last night after my first official reply being a moderator telling me what I can and cannot say on here. Since my only reason to keep playing the game was to build a pyramid of shame for the devs which I completed last week on Gravelton Island L10 EU PVE server and to get my refund somehow but yeah let's face it these junkies already ran off with my money and plenty of others. 40k players on a single server ... they are gonna have hard times trying to reach 40k players combined on all servers during the period of a single week in just a few more weeks from now.

Let's face it, this weekend we might peak around 12-13k players and next week we won't see peaks of over 10k during the week and that weekend will probably be the last one where this game get's over 10k players during the rest of it's EA existance, after that it's either gonna die off slowly and never will be finished or the best thing that could happen is that some capable studio buys over GrapeShit and it's assets so a team of pros can deliver us a game that was advertised to us and not whatever this thing is we were playing until now.

Might be my last post since there is no more point of me to make, just wanted to give special up yours to Nutcutter, Percievel, Jerryn, Jatheis, Dollie, Jeremy Stieglitz and all u muppets who think everyone needs to "git gud" or "stop whining" we all paid too much for whatever this piece of code is supposed to be and have a right to complain just as much as anyone else, if u don't like to read complaints don't read them but don't tell people to stop whining or shut up when they experience a bad game.

Towel out, without a refund, will keep dissing whatever game company pulls another trick like this in the future.

• Like 3

This is my couple week old comparison, for those who said it was normal to lose that many players over time take a look at these top Steam games and look at their All Time Peak and their 24 Hour Peak. These pictures are still generous to Ark and Atlas because of them being a few weeks old. Only games which is doing bad in comparison is GTAV and that's probably because their online part is also a cheatersfest that isn't taken care of by the devs but hey they also do still release new content right?

comparison.thumb.jpg.319202d95d2c75e049683eba448c3dd6.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

This is my couple week old comparison, for those who said it was normal to lose that many players over time take a look at these top Steam games and look at their All Time Peak and their 24 Hour Peak. These pictures are still generous to Ark and Atlas because of them being a few weeks old. Only games which is doing bad in comparison is GTAV and that's probably because their online part is also a cheatersfest that isn't taken care of by the devs but hey they also do still release new content right?

You were not comparing apples to apples.  Do I need to post my chart of Atlas vs No Man's Sky again?  Charts and graphs are relative.  You can make them display anything you want by manipulating the way the chart is laid out and you can furthermore create exactly what you want to show by cherry-picking the comparisons, which you obviously did.  Furthermore, charts only show the past trends, they do not predict the future.

10 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

You were not comparing apples to apples.  Do I need to post my chart of Atlas vs No Man's Sky again?  Charts and graphs are relative.  You can make them display anything you want by manipulating the way the chart is laid out and you can furthermore create exactly what you want to show by cherry-picking the comparisons, which you obviously did.  Furthermore, charts only show the past trends, they do not predict the future.

Dude, the comparison was made cuz people like u kept saying: Atlas and Ark are great they are on the top steam games list in terms of amount of players, so i took that list to compare it to. But if u wanna compare '"apples to apples" I suggest u take some survival games that also released in EA. And I have checked those out before making my previous post and believe me, if i post a comparison to that it will make Atlas and Ark look even worse than they do right now. Alot of these EA games start off with a small playerbase and increase it over time, where here we have some overhyped shit that actually runs like shit. Compare it to 7 days to die or stuff like that I dare you 😄

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Yeah, no mans sky is right back in the toilet where is was before. They also tricked people into coming back but they found out quick lol. But you are right, if you want apples and apples then no mans sky and atlas are pretty similar. How do you like them apples? 😂

15 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah, no mans sky is right back in the toilet where is was before. They also tricked people into coming back but they found out quick lol. But you are right, if you want apples and apples then no mans sky and atlas are pretty similar. How do you like them apples? 😂

And No Man's Sky also made fake promise on reveil that it was a multipayer game while it wasn't, at least it wasn't for a long time until they added it in. So yeah if u wanna compare Atlas to No Man's Sky you are making a good comparison as they both sold half truths.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Realist said:

3 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

And No Man's Sky also made fake promise on reveil that it was a multipayer game while it wasn't, at least it wasn't for a long time until they added it in. So yeah if u wanna compare Atlas to No Man's Sky you are making a good comparison as they both sold half truths.

Which again reveals that by cherry-picking your comparisons you can get charts to say what you want. Like dem apples? (wow, that was the lamest comeback ever)

5 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Which again reveals that by cherry-picking your comparisons you can get charts to say what you want. Like dem apples? (wow, that was the lamest comeback ever)

I haven’t made any charts. But if I were to compare ark to atlas in any way shape of form from any months there would still be a big difference. I don’t need to alter a chart to see that. I haven’t cherry picked anything.

btw you are right the steam numbers aren’t fully accurate since they also take into account unofficial servers. So really when the peak is 11k there is really only 7k on official. When the lows hit 5k there is really only 2,500 on officials. Those are the accurate numbers.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Those are the accurate numbers.

No, as usual, those are numbers you just made up in your warped head to prove your point.

7 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

No, as usual, those are numbers you just made up in your warped head to prove your point.

Nah sorry man. Got them directly from atlas info. Don’t even need to use steam. I mean I know this company does a lot of stuff wrong but their website should work right?

if so, it’s pretty easy. Go to all four clusters and each one says the current player numbers for that cluster. Add those 4 numbers together and you have the total official player count. Argue all you want. I get the numbers from atlas, so unless you are telling me they don’t have a clue what they are doing then yes I am accurate.

btw, if you want to see how many are on Unofficials all you need to do then is take the total steam number and minus the total official number and you can see how many are on unofficial.

a little further info. During the peak which is around 11k there tends to be 60%-65% on officials, but when the lows hit it drops to an almost exact 50/50. Give or take a few percent

Edited by Realist

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nah sorry man. Got them directly from atlas info. Don’t even need to use steam. I mean I know this company does a lot of stuff wrong but their website should work right?

Which proves what?

BTW, atlas info is not an official site.

3 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Which proves what?

BTW, atlas info is not an official site.

Ah ok, so since it isn’t official it must be wrong. Ok I get where you are going with this. All I have to say it thank god it isn’t an official website because it would have tons of bugs if it did

18 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

I'm not sure why people are surprised at the drop. You have a pirate PVP game with just 3 PVP compatible ships in it...

I suspect more ships will come over time.  But your post does point to an underlying issue. Your recurring complaint so far has been that the game lacks content.  One could say that 2 months into a 2 year EA you should expect minimal content and more will be released over time. But in the meantime Grapecard still needs people to keep playing to test what they do have. Now, I think that the game’s sharp decline in activity is owing to multiple factors, but I’m inclined to agree that lack of content is probably one of them. Players are generally disinclined to put up with the downsides of EA once the novelty wears off unless they still have things to do that they haven’t already done.

The problem is obvious  to everyone except those in the megas. People don't want to be in giant companies. They want to play with their group of friends,,,they don't want to rent land they want to own it.

Once it becomes obvious that its not an mmo and giant zergs can teleport anywhere on the map at anytime people quit. Its simple. 

• Like 1

Once again, because I'm too lazy to retype it.

I'm confused. Whats the point of posts like these?

I'm sure the devs know the numbers - and have committed to fixing things. Will it happen? Gotta wait and see.

I'm sure the people playing on those servers see the numbers on the servers that they play on.

I'm sure the people still enjoying what they're doing in the game are still playing, bugs and all, but realize its EA and are willing to see where it goes.

I'm sure there's a good portion of people who are in maintainence mode, log in to reset their claims/lawless timers and bounce, but are willing to maintain that, to see where it goes.

I'm sure there's a significant portion of people who just left completely, and don't even bother checking the forums.

I'm just confused why a few people insist on doomsaying constantly, on every post. Are you expecting the people who are still having fun to suddenly say "Oh, shit, the towel/phoenix/realist is right. This game sucks, I'm leaving!"? Are you expecting the devs to suddenly say "Wow, I had no clue what our player numbers are. president mozambique, shut down everything! Thanks for telling us, Mr Towel/Phoenix/Realist" Are you expecting the people who quit to sit there, quietly chuckling and stroking their goatees, to suddenly say "I'm glad I still read the boards for this game I dont care about any more. Thanks for letting me know that less people are playing, Senor Towel/Phoenix/Realist, heres a Starbucks gift card and some internet points for your crack investigative reporting"

These posts kill me.  The simple fact of the matter is "It is a work in progress."  Plain and simple ..... released as an early access game and guess what?  If you want access to play what they have, do keep in mind, it is early in development.  I suppose you could muster up some sort of argument as to what stage of early we're in, but, early none the less.  Coming on to the forums and "Crying like a little bitch" about how the game isn't done or this mechanic is broken or numbers are dropping is asinine.  Hell, some small studios fish for money to support their idea for a game with "Go fund me" types of sites.  They have nothing ..... a few drawings, some new innovative mechanic ideas .... maybe a render or two ...... basically nothing.  Would you go to their forums and cry about the game not being playable?  It is silliness .... I imagine the devs are thankful at this point that the population has trimmed down quite a bit from 50k+. 

On a side note, I'm not directly calling the OP a crying little bitch, more of an in general statement.  Not really my style and to be honest his/her post were thought out and remotely logical.  But ...... frack me, Alpha, Beta, EA ... whatever.  Full release is expected to be years away.   

Perhaps it is an attention thing, perhaps it's something else.