Sign in to follow this  
Death Strike Gaming

Game Expantions

As a player who has been playing MMO's since Ever Quest  as wells as been part of the Sony Online Entertainments Volunteer GM program, with the games current state as "Alpha"; I believe many players may feel better with incremental content changes rather than large expansion code files.

At current state there are still many major bugs and game balances that have been discussed on both the developer side as well as by the player base. With any large code injection comes large unintended bugs or unintended changes to core game mechanics. Having experienced the issues that Bethesda had with their attempt with Elder Scrolls Online and pushing out expansions every 3 months caused a build up of bugs and performance issues making many aspects of the game unplayable for months. 

As a supporter of your games current state and future plans I feel it would be in the best interest to partition the content release that was originally planned for Feb and currently estimated release in March in to separate smaller content releases. Though I understand the need to add more content to prevent boredom from players you also don't want to make too drastic a change that has the possibility of adding large chunks of unstable code or content that has the ability of being game breaking. The other benefit to this release scheduling will allow your Devs to put more time into projects that are not yet ready or can put more effort into future content while code that is ready to be implemented can be given to players and allow future content to be adjusted with its effect on play. 

I propose that the new content such as the claim tweaks, offline raiding, animal tweaks, bounty system, merchant/player trade system, and underwater exploration be their own releases instead of one big March patch. 

Not only will this allow you to keep up with bugs that come from the patches, but will allow players to always have fresh content instead of burning through large content and then waiting months for something new allowing the player to always be engaged and providing feedback to the development process.

Thank you for your time and consideration with this suggestion/feedback.