Sign in to follow this  
Raine

Sucking mats from other Ships' Resource Boxes

If your Company has several ships docked next to each other with crew left on Repair Duty, will the Repair Crew draw resources from the other ships if the one they're on runs out of certain mats?  Or are they restricted only to the ship upon which they are stationed?  I have a feeling they'll pilfer from the neighboring ship if it's also in the Company.  Seems logical.

39 minutes ago, Raine said:

If your Company has several ships docked next to each other with crew left on Repair Duty, will the Repair Crew draw resources from the other ships if the one they're on runs out of certain mats?  Or are they restricted only to the ship upon which they are stationed?  I have a feeling they'll pilfer from the neighboring ship if it's also in the Company.  Seems logical.

If the resource box, food trough, food larder, or possibly even ammo box are within range, anything in the company can and will use it, I think. Though the resource box might be the only exception. 

Edited by merlin66676

I'm fairly certain Merlin is right, everything BUT the box is fair game. I keep a Galley in between 2 brigs and have never had one leech from the other. 

I dont think they do.  When crew looks for pay, they scan nearby resource boxes but when you repair a ship, the ship scans its own resource box.

Unlike other proximity based objects, ships can only have one chest.  

6 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

I dont think they do.  When crew looks for pay, they scan nearby resource boxes but when you repair a ship, the ship scans its own resource box.

Unlike other proximity based objects, ships can only have one chest.  

Whoa...wait....you mean my ship's crew will siphon hard-won gold from my crewmate's ship?Image result for jack sparrow

2 minutes ago, Raine said:

Whoa...wait....you mean my ship's crew will siphon hard-won gold from my crewmate's ship?Image result for jack sparrow

Or to put another way you can help out your allies.  It's a matter of perspective I suppose.