Jump to content

Andargor

My ship now has cow power

Recommended Posts

It goes 200% faster :classic_biggrin:

 

Kc96EiF.jpg

 

Seriously though, instead of new features and mechanics, fixing tames that go through floors and randomly disappearing crew should be a priority...

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andargor said:

It goes 200% faster :classic_biggrin:

 

Kc96EiF.jpg

 

Seriously though, instead of new features and mechanics, fixing tames that go through floors and randomly disappearing crew should be a priority...

 

 

I feel your frustration but a thing to keep in mind about game development is that developers are not all interchangeable. The people who find and fix bugs and clean up code are not the same folks who design new content. They are separate teams with individuals who do not have fungible skill sets. By analogy, the stewardess, the pilot and the mechanic all work on planes but are not necessarily able to do each other’s jobs. To extend the analogy further my understanding about fixing bugs is that making the team bigger has often proven counterproductive in the past ie hiring more pilots doesn’t fly the plane better.

This leads to the frustrating situation where all we can really do is wait for the bug fixing team to fix the particular bug that’s driving us nuts atm. Not producing new content won’t and can’t lead to that being done faster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But the argument can be made that producing and publishing more content results in more bugs, and often more game breaking then the current ones that are annoying us. Which in turn puts the current bugs farther off of any kind of resolution which frustrates and annoys the dwindling player base even further

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I feel your frustration but a thing to keep in mind about game development is that developers are not all interchangeable. The people who find and fix bugs and clean up code are not the same folks who design new content. They are separate teams with individuals who do not have fungible skill sets. By analogy, the stewardess, the pilot and the mechanic all work on planes but are not necessarily able to do each other’s jobs. To extend the analogy further my understanding about fixing bugs is that making the team bigger has often proven counterproductive in the past ie hiring more pilots doesn’t fly the plane better.

This leads to the frustrating situation where all we can really do is wait for the bug fixing team to fix the particular bug that’s driving us nuts atm. Not producing new content won’t and can’t lead to that being done faster.

 

19 minutes ago, Huck Finnley said:

But the argument can be made that producing and publishing more content results in more bugs, and often more game breaking then the current ones that are annoying us. Which in turn puts the current bugs farther off of any kind of resolution which frustrates and annoys the dwindling player base even further

Both reasonable and cogent arguments.

You guys might be on the wrong forums. This is the place for torches and pitchforks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Andargor said:

Seriously though, instead of new features and mechanics, fixing tames that go through floors and randomly disappearing crew should be a priority...

Just because it's not the next thing on the list doesn't mean it's not a top priority. Fixes like these take time. I'd bet money that if they could have patched this INSTEAD of nerfing all spawns into easy mode they would have. The real issue probably has more to do with the servers and chunk streaming than it does collision in-engine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually got it out of the bottom of the ship!!!11one!

I walked on the deck above it, just over the cow, whistled to follow and backed up a bit, and it popped back up! I had it on Low follow distance, so that helped.

But my ship is now slower 😪

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Andargor said:

Seriously though, instead of new features and mechanics, fixing tames that go through floors and randomly disappearing crew should be a priority...

You're lucky that didn't result in udder destruction.

Seriously though. I've got 3 bears stuck in floors and 1 has been for 3 weeks. I refuse to rip up my floors yet again. If I finally get sick of looking at bear, I'll blunderbuss his ass.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

This leads to the frustrating situation where all we can really do is wait for the bug fixing team to fix the particular bug that’s driving us nuts atm. Not producing new content won’t and can’t lead to that being done faster.

Right, here's the problem with that methodology, The pilot flies it, the mechanic fixes it and the stewardess assists customers. Right now, our pilot is blind and flying any general direction he chooses. The mechanic has no manuals on how the plane was built so he's trying to fix things by guessing at what the pilot busted. And the stewardess?  She's been replaced by an automaton that stands in the aisle and keeps repeating, "thanks for your patience."

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

You're lucky that didn't result in udder destruction.

Seriously though. I've got 3 bears stuck in floors and 1 has been for 3 weeks. I refuse to rip up my floors yet again. If I finally get sick of looking at bear, I'll blunderbuss his ass.

Have you tried what got my cow out, get above them, whistle follow (works even if you don't see them) and slowly back away until they pop back up on the floor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andargor said:

Have you tried what got my cow out, get above them, whistle follow (works even if you don't see them) and slowly back away until they pop back up on the floor?

Yep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Huck Finnley said:

Lol, I pull mine out from time to time, sharpen the tines and reoil the torch

I just stab anyone who calls me cogent with pruning shears as a general policy. I’m cogent? Oh yeah?  Well so’s your face!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Yep.

Although on that brig I only have the top and bottom decks, I left out the middle one to have the height for a forge, loom and tannery. Maybe that 2 wall high clearance is what allowed my cow to pop out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andargor said:

Although on that brig I only have the top and bottom decks, I left out the middle one to have the height for a forge, loom and tannery. Maybe that 2 wall high clearance is what allowed my cow to pop out.

Mine are stuck in buildings.  On a ship, just lower and raise the anchor tnd they'll pop up.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday half of my crew just disappeared idk where are they. I don't see them whistle all doesn't call them. they are still on the ship, somehow, because count says they are there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×