DCXIAO

When I transferred my bear to a single boat, the bear flew down quickly. I couldn't find it in the sea. After a while, the bear died. What should I do? Can anyone help me?

When I transferred my bear to a single boat, the bear flew down quickly.

I couldn't find it in the sea. After a while, the bear died.

What should I do? Can anyone help me?

Never use the option to transfer your bear. Put the bear next to your ship, go on your ship and whistle it to you, try to stand at a open spot at your boat.

Your number one priority is to read through this forum and have a good memory to see the things u can and can not do in this game without it ruining half your day or work, this is a pro tip 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCXIAO said:

When I transferred my bear to a single boat, the bear flew down quickly.

I couldn't find it in the sea. After a while, the bear died.

What should I do? Can anyone help me?

You can do what I did the half a dozen times this happened to me, get angry about it for a while and then go tame a new bear. 

• Haha 1

If it is following you move away they beam right back. Alternatively whistle j when it's still close and hope it follows.

Edited by gadefence
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Your number one priority is to read through this forum and have a good memory to see the things u can and can not do in this game without it ruining half your day or work, this is a pro tip 😄

This. Unfortunately losing things to these types of bugs or glitch is part of what you accept when participating in an EA game. Over time their frequency should lessen but this early in the process there’s just going to be a lot of it. The best way to approach it is as an excuse to tame another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_ Pugwash said:

You can send in a ticket,  it won't be acted on or probably even read but you will get an automated response that will politely tell you they don't care 

That's what have happened to me.

9 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

This. Unfortunately losing things to these types of bugs or glitch is part of what you accept when participating in an EA game. Over time their frequency should lessen but this early in the process there’s just going to be a lot of it. The best way to approach it is as an excuse to tame another.

This bear is Lv40 when I tamed it. Quick perfect property. It seems that I don't have a chance to get a second one.

18 minutes ago, gadefence said:

If it is following you move away they beam right back. Alternatively whistle j when it's still close and hope it follows.

Thank you. I got it.

Get on the boat and then whistle the animals so they dont get launched into the horizon and die after falling.

Its a bug since long but still isn't fixed.

If you transfer your bear ( i always do) make sure its next to an open area (never from behind or in the front of the ship) on the boat and that its not on follow. I do believe its important to that the ship is anchored and not moving.

49 minutes ago, JC67 said:

If you transfer your bear ( i always do) make sure its next to an open area (never from behind or in the front of the ship) on the boat and that its not on follow. I do believe its important to that the ship is anchored and not moving.

It'll still bug, happened with me many times so I know its totally random. Happened with schooner and galleon. It never bugged on Brigantine though.

4 hours ago, Abysian said:

Never use the option to transfer your bear. Put the bear next to your ship, go on your ship and whistle it to you, try to stand at a open spot at your boat.

It will do this on follow as well fyi

1 minute ago, MrHeid said:

Yes, but if your animal enters the ship at the wrong angle, or at a spot with a lot of stuff, it can get stuck. If you go on your ship first, stand at a open spot. Nothing "should' go wrong then.

Just now, Abysian said:

Yes, but if your animal enters the ship at the wrong angle, or at a spot with a lot of stuff, it can get stuck. If you go on your ship first, stand at a open spot. Nothing "should' go wrong then.

This is false.  The other day I whistled my bear onto the boat. climbed on the bear and moved it to the center of the boat.  Same as I always do. Thinking everything was peachy I went below deck to do stuff then I get the message that my bear died.  Ran back up on deck bear no where to be found.  This has happens sometimes. Doesn't matter how you whistle or put it on the boat.  It has happened to me both ways .  I will say this. It has only happened to me when using a schooner.

10 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

This is false.  The other day I whistled my bear onto the boat. climbed on the bear and moved it to the center of the boat.  Same as I always do. Thinking everything was peachy I went below deck to do stuff then I get the message that my bear died.  Ran back up on deck bear no where to be found.  This has happens sometimes. Doesn't matter how you whistle or put it on the boat.  It has happened to me both ways .  I will say this. It has only happened to me when using a schooner.

That's why i said " should", i never had anything happen to a animal this way. But i know other do sometimes. The bugs are sometimes crazy. I lost my brig after the update yesterday, everything was fine, it was in my harbor the whole day. After the update i log back in and it was at the bottom, not a single plank damaged. I guess we can't get attached to things, it sucks loosing stuff duo bugs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vegetto said:

It'll still bug, happened with me many times so I know its totally random. Happened with schooner and galleon. It never bugged on Brigantine though.

I use the Brig so maybe its the least bugged then.

5 hours ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Very good tip. Shame you have to read through the forums like they were patch notes just so you don’t have something like that happen though.

8 hours ago, MrHeid said:

Yea it will do the same but it gets on top of you when you climb ladders and it annoying thats why I suggested to whistle when on boat. 

11 hours ago, MrHeid said:

I don’t believe that. I think I have moved animals maybe a thousand times right now through the follow option, never had problems. There are many threads about the transfer of animals to ships giving problems so I highly recommend to use the whistle option. 

Read other posts.  This has happened to others not just me.  I have lost animals both ways.  Believe what you like.

just had this happen to me yesterday for the first time. with all my old and blueprints from the maps, rip. really annoying