Jump to content

aladinf

What are the offline raiding mechanisms they speking of in the latest dev blog

Recommended Posts

I know this is a sensitve Area. But what do you think they will be adding in the big patch to tackle this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Zlax said:

They themselves probably dont even know yet.

this, they're in way over their heads and just saying shit to placate the remaining players at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, strawman said:

this, they're in way over their heads and just saying shit to placate the remaining players at this point

Well, since this sounds an awful lot like DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!, let me just point this out: raid windows as a mechanic to prevent off lining exist in EVE, work quite well from all accounts, and since EVE is already the game Wildshot says it wants to pattern Atlas on, its not too much of a stretch to say that a perfectly workable solution is available if they don’t hit upon anything they like better. You may continue with the regularly scheduled DOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God I hope no raid timers that would be terrible. I'm all for balancing the offline raiding however I still think it should be possible. Raiding is part of the game and you know damn well that if they make offline raiding almost non existent then people will log off as soon as they see an enemy ship approach.

To combat offline raiding they need to add things like more traps/defenses or more building options. Make it so the offline protections is being creative/tactical with how you build your base and defenses. People should be punished for leaving gaping holes in their security thus pirates can take advantage of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, zwt2135 said:

God I hope no raid timers that would be terrible. I'm all for balancing the offline raiding however I still think it should be possible. Raiding is part of the game and you know damn well that if they make offline raiding almost non existent then people will log off as soon as they see an enemy ship approach.

To combat offline raiding they need to add things like more traps/defenses or more building options. Make it so the offline protections is being creative/tactical with how you build your base and defenses. People should be punished for leaving gaping holes in their security thus pirates can take advantage of.

Em. If you're vulnerable 6 to 8 on weekdays and you log off when a shop raids you... Well then you die because you're still vulnerable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gadefence said:

Em. If you're vulnerable 6 to 8 on weekdays and you log off when a shop raids you... Well then you die because you're still vulnerable.

What you just said makes no sense. I don't think you understand what I was saying. If they make an extra buff to when a player is offline such as making stone structures X times stronger when a player is offline then you know people will immediately log off at the first sign of any pvp. You shouldn't just get a handout buff instead its better to reward players who use their brain and tactically build well thought out defenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think there is a timer in Ark when you log out you're still vulnerable for 30 min till protection takes effect, so it would actually be better to stay online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trqfreak350 said:

i think there is a timer in Ark when you log out you're still vulnerable for 30 min till protection takes effect, so it would actually be better to stay online.

Because? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

you could try to defend instead of just giving it up.

I don’t think you play pvp. It is not about what you think it’s about. 

Edited by Percieval

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, Percieval said:

I don’t think you play pvp. It is not about what you think it’s about. 

I used to play exclusively PvP with thousands of hours in Ark, but for the aforementioned issues, and the zergfests that are common i stopped, it's not worth the frustration. but i'd still rather die trying than just log. you don't have to agree, opinions will be just that, you won't change my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trqfreak350 said:

 

I used to play exclusively PvP with thousands of hours in Ark, but for the aforementioned issues, and the zergfests that are common i stopped, it's not worth the frustration. but i'd still rather die trying than just log. you don't have to agree, opinions will be just that, you won't change my mind.

Oh definitely, but ARK has standalone servers and this is 1 major server where people from NA get obliviated by people in other time zones during the night. This is a really good step in the right direction since the community has been asking about this since day 1. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×