Sign in to follow this  
tyze

impossible to claim.. i'm alone in server and it's contested..

hi , i can take a claim area , i'm alone in server and it says "contested" so i cant take it

any answer? thx by advance .

While you cant see the sleeping bodies anymore, They used to contribute to contesting claims. I assume they still do, just cant see them now.

Just because you are alone in the server, I assume you mean the only one online, doesn't mean any claim can be taken. If it has a sleeping body on it then it will contest.

And yes NPC's can be used to contest claims as long as you keep them fed and paid.

sleeping body doesnt exit anymore since last update . when you disconnect your body disapear.

so it's npc , and a bot with npc are near 😞

The patch notes werent clear on whether they changed the system regarding sleeping bodies contesting claims. Nor does it say theyre gone. They arent replicated anymore, which just means you wont see them. Unless the system was changed, its probably a sleeping body.
I mean the game still knows your body is logged off there, because you log back in to the same location. I dont see them needing, or changing that system based on what the patch notes said. The systems they had in place made it clear that they wanted your base to be safe from claiming if you logged off there.

Edited by Rapier2012
Added for clarity.
  • Like 1

Logged off players do not contest claims. Was tested and verified in my region. It is an NPC. Try to get the claim ring to not overlap any boats that may have cannons on them

Sleeping bodies no longer contest claims was made perfectly clear a few patches ago

But npc crew do , tames dont only crew 

As I have taken claims that had tames on them just this week 

It was intended change 

2 hours ago, Rapier2012 said:

The patch notes werent clear on whether they changed the system regarding sleeping bodies contesting claims. Nor does it say theyre gone. They arent replicated anymore, which just means you wont see them. Unless the system was changed, its probably a sleeping body.
I mean the game still knows your body is logged off there, because you log back in to the same location. I dont see them needing, or changing that system based on what the patch notes said. The systems they had in place made it clear that they wanted your base to be safe from claiming if you logged off there.

Edited by uli

Crew shouldn't be contesting any claim. I mean this way you could build a small little house, put a crew member in it with some gold and food. And you don't have to do anything besides giving gold and food. Only players that are online, should be able to contest a claim.

Yes, I agree, this is the trouble with flags at the moment.

I'm on lawless and very happy where I am but when i've ventured out to other islands I have myself tried to look around to see if any will contest and none of them will, there's always a timer on it and to hell am I sitting there for says waiting for the clock to go down only for them to log on.

I'm sure there are flags out there somewhere to be taking but I'm not specifically going to sail from 1 grid to the other, running around each island looking at flags, that is just demoralising. It's bad enough sailing from grid to grid than going from island to island, I just don't have weeks on end to do that, you'd have to strike lucky to find a flag near you.

As you say people can just keep NPC in a small hut, throw a resource box and larder in there and away you go, set up month to month. It's all wrong and I hope they address these problems, they'd have to if they want the majority to come off lawless because as it stands I'm going nowhere.

A larder would only last about a month, and that's with noone eating from it. If they're logging on often enough to keep him fed, then they're on often enough to contest.

12 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Yes, I agree, this is the trouble with flags at the moment.

I'm on lawless and very happy where I am but when i've ventured out to other islands I have myself tried to look around to see if any will contest and none of them will, there's always a timer on it and to hell am I sitting there for says waiting for the clock to go down only for them to log on.

I'm sure there are flags out there somewhere to be taking but I'm not specifically going to sail from 1 grid to the other, running around each island looking at flags, that is just demoralising. It's bad enough sailing from grid to grid than going from island to island, I just don't have weeks on end to do that, you'd have to strike lucky to find a flag near you.

As you say people can just keep NPC in a small hut, throw a resource box and larder in there and away you go, set up month to month. It's all wrong and I hope they address these problems, they'd have to if they want the majority to come off lawless because as it stands I'm going nowhere.

People without land are yelling that they want flag upkeep. A NPC in a box with enough food and gold to keep them there would be a self-imposed flag upkeep...

Once the people without land, get land, then the same people will be yelling that flag upkeep is the stupidest idea ever, and why the hell did they drop the claim protection from 3 weeks to 2, and damn it, sleeping bodies should contest again!

Edited by MeatSammich

49 minutes ago, Rapier2012 said:

A larder would only last about a month, and that's with noone eating from it. If they're logging on often enough to keep him fed, then they're on often enough to contest.

If they are logging in then their timer will get reset to 20 days again. I think the overlapping of flags is causing that claim to be contested due to npcs.

45 minutes ago, MeatSammich said:

People without land are yelling that they want flag upkeep. A NPC in a box with enough food and gold to keep them there would be a self-imposed flag upkeep...

Once the people without land, get land, then the same people will be yelling that flag upkeep is the stupidest idea ever, and why the hell did they drop the claim protection from 3 weeks to 2, and damn it, sleeping bodies should contest again!

No. Sleeping bodies stay forever. My mates who left game early didn't even lose 1 hp for 2 months after quitting. Removal of sleeping bodies is a really nice solution for that. And now that the protection is 20 days for claims and the timer runs out then the owner doesn't deserve that land because he/she never gonna play.

At current situation people just login once a week to reset timer on claims and tames which is just occupying land and nobody using it.

20 hours ago, Rapier2012 said:

The patch was quite clear.

Sleeping people no longer contest.

NPCs still do.

Park your boat in the overlap of 3 claims and a sea claim and you can prevent anyone else contesting those 4 claims indefinitely, as long as you keep the npcs fed and paid.

2 hours ago, MisterMyztik said:

The patch was quite clear.

Sleeping people no longer contest.

NPCs still do.

Park your boat in the overlap of 3 claims and a sea claim and you can prevent anyone else contesting those 4 claims indefinitely, as long as you keep the npcs fed and paid.

Well, technically since the claim timers are screwed up right now, and no one can place a flag for 21 days since your last login, regardless of your flag count...and you'd have to log in more often than that to keep them fed which would reset the timer...and that your crew is claimable after 8 days of you not logging in...

Crew from ANYONE stop a land from being claimed.

We're in a claim war with someone currently and both sides have had NPC manned ship parked up beside each other to stop the other from claiming the lands for about 18 days.

Edited by MisterMyztik

Problem is also the 4 hours wait to claim a flag that is offline already for 21 days. Come on I have better things to do then sitting 4 hours on a flag. I rather set my npc to work then. 4 hours in pvp ok 4 hours in pve is a waist of time. 

And then people complain because lawless are full of foundation... Every player wants a piece of land he can build his house, animal Penn and shipyard.

Server can host 40.000 players..... How? No land... Claims are messed up. Lawless are messed up.   15x15 grid x 150 Max players on grid = 33.750 players.. missing some......

We have learned from ark.... What did they learned?

Edit. Some land claims with connection to sea you have to place a shipyard a few 100 yards in the sea. Out of reach of you're land claim. So you need to claim a bit of the sea to..... Got luck claiming 2 flags. 8 hours wait....

Edited by awakatanka

On 2/25/2019 at 6:52 PM, awakatanka said:

Problem is also the 4 hours wait to claim a flag that is offline already for 21 days. Come on I have better things to do then sitting 4 hours on a flag. I rather set my npc to work then. 4 hours in pvp ok 4 hours in pve is a waist of time. 

And then people complain because lawless are full of foundation... Every player wants a piece of land he can build his house, animal Penn and shipyard.

Server can host 40.000 players..... How? No land... Claims are messed up. Lawless are messed up.   15x15 grid x 150 Max players on grid = 33.750 players.. missing some......

We have learned from ark.... What did they learned?

Edit. Some land claims with connection to sea you have to place a shipyard a few 100 yards in the sea. Out of reach of you're land claim. So you need to claim a bit of the sea to..... Got luck claiming 2 flags. 8 hours wait....

That's why i had no interest in running around every island on every grid, waste of time.

I don't expect it to be handed on a  plate but when you have to sit around 1 place only for someone to come back, what a waste of time.

I've been living on lawless because claim system is broke. I've decided from today I'm stopping playing and looking to give all my stuff to the nice people on my island. If there is a server wipe imminent it will not matter any.

The game has no new content, not enough to stay. I'm getting bored and losing the fun element which i said was the time to stop. I might come back and start again months down the line but for now i wave goodbye to Atlas.