Sign in to follow this  
Arykos

Any wipe plan on new land claim system?

10 minutes ago, Arykos said:

limit alliances limit maxplayer in companies gg wp

Not gonna make much of a difference.

Megacorp has 400 members and they use discord for comms.

A 100 player cap is put in place for companies, you now split into Megacorp 1, Megacorp 2, Megacorp 3,  and Megacorp 4 and ally. 50 player cap, you just put in 1-8. Would actually make harvesting easier, as you'd have everyone harvest on the other branch of the corp's land, with 30% tax...your harvesting is 30% more efficient.

Limit alliances, and you still keep the names, still play together, just without the pretty blue lettering.

The only difference would be in PVP, where you'd have to worry about NPCs firing on each other.

i think the system has to be solid enough in regulating the claim situation to not need a wipe. besides a wipe would really hurt the game population...as there never was any talk about wipe and ppl dont expect it. better make all future system solid enoug so they regulate it as only this way it will also work longterm.

ppl will deal with bugs and the like but will thin out with wipes on top of it.

Edited by Xenom

2 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

A 100 player cap is put in place for companies, you now split into Megacorp 1, Megacorp 2, Megacorp 3,  and Megacorp 4 and ally. 50 player cap, you just put in 1-8. Would actually make harvesting easier, as you'd have everyone harvest on the other branch of the corp's land, with 30% tax...your harvesting is 30% more efficient.

Limit alliances, and you still keep the names, still play together, just without the pretty blue lettering.

The only difference would be in PVP, where you'd have to worry about NPCs firing on each other.

limit alliances ..... do u realy think people will get it working that u hover up so many people? pretty sure a lot of people in megatribes would do their own stuff if possible

Edited by Arykos

2 hours ago, Xenom said:

i think the system has to be solid enough in regulating the claim situation to not need a wipe. besides a wipe would really hurt the game population...as there never was any talk about wipe and ppl dont expect it. better make all future system solid enoug so they regulate it as only this way it will also work longterm.

ppl will deal with bugs and the like but will thin out with wipes on top of it.

2500 on eu peaktime.. hurt population? I guess its over anyways

maybe just bring a fresh server with preventing big companies take all

10 minutes ago, Arykos said:

limit alliances ..... do u realy think people will get it working that u hover up so many people? pretty sure a lot of people in megatribes would do their own stuff if possible

Yup, its not hard to set up, especially if everyone involved names themselves some variant of the parent corp name. If you're all using the same discord, and set up a alliance paint scheme/lighting scheme for when its dark, it would be relatively easy. Friendly fire accidents would happen, but  Megacorp Squad A wouldnt be raiding and wiping out Megacorp Squad D.

PVE would be even easier to do, since you don't have to worry about accidentally targeting your unofficial allies.

12 hours ago, Arykos said:

I'm part of top 10 company, but big companies got way to much unused land.

Win and deserve it is not an argument this thread is about..

If they add costs on flags which realy matters they should wipe, so every company can simply plan what flags they need and which they don't.

If you just release those flags you don't want to pay for, this will not bring players back to settle in this land.

Changing the claimsystem is just a good opportunity for a fresh start

I would lose too much if my character we're wiped. I have few land claims, and what materials I have gathered would be an awful chore to replace; then the discovery points and xp grind to level up? No thank you.

6 hours ago, Dreadmill said:

Here is a thought, the servers will wipe themselves. I have a company member who absolutely loves to demolish. She does this for hours and hours with zero return. It’s her personal quest to clean up any island we visit. If people that like to do this received just a tiny bit of resources in return, there would be no stopping them. You have to play or the island gets cleaned. One more thing, she leaves no spam behind because she wants the next player to build and quit so it can start again. 

I also enjoy finding and removing the dead weight on PVE NA.

10 hours ago, Bowtie said:

I would lose too much if my character we're wiped. I have few land claims, and what materials I have gathered would be an awful chore to replace; then the discovery points and xp grind to level up? No thank you.

then you are wrong in this game

btw whats your maxlevel? I bet u are lower than me lol

If you don't want to play the game just quit

Edited by Arykos

14 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

Maybe you are too young to understand what a tax is. There is no effiency in it. One side loses 30% the other gets it as a tax. So in order for you to tax someone your stealing 30% thus no gains by doing what you described.

22 minutes ago, Noodled Jenkins said:

Maybe you are too young to understand what a tax is. There is no effiency in it. One side loses 30% the other gets it as a tax. So in order for you to tax someone your stealing 30% thus no gains by doing what you described.

Read it again.

Megacorp splits its farming members off into another company whose only purpose is to farm for Megacorp. If the offshoot company farms on Megacorp's land, taxed at 30%, 30% of the harvest ends up in Megacorp's coffers automatically, instead of having to be manually carried to the collection point. Hence, 30% more efficient farming.

On 2/22/2019 at 3:46 AM, Arykos said:

Changing the claimsystem is just a good opportunity for a fresh start

A wipe? Fresh start?  Seriously???  Ok, I'm going to guess one of two things here. Either your suffering from alzheimer's or you weren't here on day one.  The last thing this dev team needs right now is a repeat performance of the game's launch.

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

A wipe? Fresh start?  Seriously???  Ok, I'm going to guess one of two things here. Either your suffering from alzheimer's or you weren't here on day one.  The last thing this dev team needs right now is a repeat performance of the game's launch.

with what? 3k players 😄 I don't think so

2 minutes ago, Arykos said:

with what? 3k players 😄 I don't think so

1. If they announce a wipe, players who've quit will come back in a massive flood.
2. Let's assume you're right that only 3k keep playing. That's 3,000 players / 16 freeports = 187.5 players per freeport. Need I say more?

1. would be good if some people come back

2. well that's always the same problem in any mmo game, 1 day later problem solved.. or just run with more startingzones for a period of time 😉

4 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

1. If they announce a wipe, players who've quit will come back in a massive flood.
2. Let's assume you're right that only 3k keep playing. That's 3,000 players / 16 freeports = 187.5 players per freeport. Need I say more?

1. No, they have moved on to new games. People with land is leaving as well. The entire notion that somehow fixing claims will solve it all is nothing but a wishful thought.

2. At least dedicated freeport servers could host it.

Edited by Shintai