Sign in to follow this  
Arykos

Any wipe plan on new land claim system?

Is there any wipe planed with the upcoming landclaimsystem and offline protection?

Or a new offical server?

Edited by Arykos

10 minutes ago, Arykos said:

Is there any wipe planed with the upcoming landclaimsystem and offline protection?

Or a new offical server?

Why?

On Pve...maybe

In PvP... Do you want land? Win and deserve it

Regards

I'm part of top 10 company, but big companies got way to much unused land.

Win and deserve it is not an argument this thread is about..

If they add costs on flags which realy matters they should wipe, so every company can simply plan what flags they need and which they don't.

If you just release those flags you don't want to pay for, this will not bring players back to settle in this land.

Changing the claimsystem is just a good opportunity for a fresh start

A wipe would wipe the game from existence. The few people returning would be a  drop compared tot hose leaving for good. Atlas is already hanging in a thin thread.

Any new servers would have to be a lot smaller than the current empty ones.

• Thanks 1

The claim rework will probably take care of it anyway, most of the companies only have players log for maintenance. If they wipe now they will lose the last few players they still have. I cba to start all that stuff over again, same for everyone left in my company aswell.

48 minutes ago, Marce said:

Why?

On Pve...maybe

In PvP... Do you want land? Win and deserve it

Regards

Nah, he can just wait another month until the 90% drop rate happens. Already at 80%. Pretty soon there will be plenty of land.

the game just got boring for people. Bug fixes and claim twirls won’t bring them back

1 hour ago, Arykos said:

Or a new offical server?

Even though I am a firm believer in an official wipe after release, they would pretty much shit the bed if they did a wipe right now.

sure some players could benefit from it but it is really only the Megas playing at this point, so they would make a big mistake by doing a wipe

well most people leaving, because small tribes get wiped off and can't find other land to play on.. and if we release islands now, there won't be much people coming back..

If people want to leave because of a wipe, they gonna leave anyway... this game is all about farming and building on new islands.. a wipe would just give everyone the chance to redo and use the knowledge they won in the last couple of months

6 minutes ago, Arykos said:

well most people leaving, because small tribes get wiped off and can't find other land to play on.. and if we release islands now, there won't be much people coming back..

If people want to leave because of a wipe, they gonna leave anyway... this game is all about farming and building on new islands.. a wipe would just give everyone the chance to redo and use the knowledge they won in the last couple of months

Oh dude I am with you, I wasn’t saying it wasn’t good in that way. I am saying it would be a mistake for them to do it now. They should have done it a month ago and already had a rework for claims then.

i am just saying now it is too late. The one type of player that always stays is the mega tribes. Well unless of course you wipe.

a wipe now would bring the already 80% drop to at least 90% guaranteed.

a month ago I would have said it would have increased the amount of players but they took way too long to fix it so it’s too late now.

they messed this game up since the beginning and worked on the wrong things at the wrong time.

to be honest they never should have had a claim system to begin with and just had to build anywhere style just like ark. 

Peopel don’t want this to be ark but it is. The thing is it is a failed ark, where the original ark was a huge success. Atlas will never have the potential to even reach 1/12 of arks success.

i use 1/12 because ark sold 12 million copies and atlas will never break 1 million. Just wanted to point that out so wouldnt would think I was randomly saying 1/12.

Atlas have sold 1-2 million on Steam. Hence why 60K peaks was reached.

ARK have sold 5 to 10 million on Steam.

Edited by Shintai

20 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Atlas have sold 1-2 million on Steam. Hence why 60K peaks was reached.

ARK have sold 5 to 10 million on Steam.

Dude copies not money. Atlas has not sold even close to 1 million copies. There would have been a hell of a lot more people playing if they sold a million copies. The 58k all time shows they didn’t seek a million copies.

and also no as far as ark goes. They sold 12 million copies and over half was from ps4 and Xbox sales.

atlas will still never be 1/12 of ark

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Dude copies not money. Atlas has not sold even close to 1 million copies. There would have been a hell of a lot more people playing if they sold a million copies. The 58k all time shows they didn’t seek a million copies.

and also no as far as ark goes. They sold 12 million copies and over half was from ps4 and Xbox sales.

atlas will still never be 1/12 of ark

I am talking about copies.

Time to add you to the ignore list since you don´t even own the game.

Edited by Shintai

I agree that any wipe at this stage would cause more people to leave than people to return.

Next week is a very anticipated Captain's Log to find out what they have planned and whether it is close to what players are saying and want.

My expectation is that it ends up being the opposite of what I want, that way when it does happen I won't be disappointed. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

why would people leave? It's an EA server and if they don't want to build up they should honestly quit right now.. or just raid them, they gonna quit after that anyways

I don't get why everyone thinks people will bail if they wipe the servers. I found the start land grab and building the best part. If they did wipe the next time around I have a lot more knowledge about the game mechanics. What to focus on to level, where resources are, which islands are worth taking etc etc. The idea no one is going to keep playing is just silly and that no one will come back is also funny. If they made a big campaign about come back for a fresh start and some big balancing changes and see how it works out from a fresh start all over they will get far better data than dropping it into the live game as it is. The data will be skewed as to how effective the new system actually is at resolving some of the issues we are talking about.

I have a nice claim spot, and several claims around, so i can't complain about that. But i'm in for a wipe, i think that would be fun. Most of us know stuff they didn't before. So it will be a whole different start then before.

26 minutes ago, Arykos said:

why would people leave? It's an EA server and if they don't want to build up they should honestly quit right now.. or just raid them, they gonna quit after that anyways

If they don't want to build up they should quit? That's what people have been doing, building up, which is exactly why quite a lot would quit if there was a wipe because they'd lose what they've built up.

Captains Log 21.

Revamp claim system. Limitation will come.

Question is what will be the limit? Actually we would need 10 claims per person to hold our claims. Im fine when its less then 10. 

I think 3 per person is enough?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

If they don't want to build up they should quit? That's what people have been doing, building up, which is exactly why quite a lot would quit if there was a wipe because they'd lose what they've built up.

Did u ever attack another island? What do you do there if you get it? Right you build it up. It's the cycle in this game.. if people quit because they need to rebuild... wtf are they doing in this game? atleast on pvp servers... nothing to say about pve crabs

16 minutes ago, Arykos said:

Did u ever attack another island? What do you do there if you get it? Right you build it up. It's the cycle in this game.. if people quit because they need to rebuild... wtf are they doing in this game? atleast on pvp servers... nothing to say about pve crabs

Being wiped out on PvP by other players and being wiped because players cried for server wipe are very very different things.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

1 hour ago, phelysarrian said:

hope no wipe planned

Based on these developers track record with Ark, a wipe for this reason seems unlikely. Any wipe prior to game launch is possible, but not something I would put money on.

I've said it before, but the only way I would personally support a wipe at this stage, would be if the used it to implement a preset hex grid system overlaid on the islands, where land claims only claimed the grid the flag was in, to stop the overlapping garbage...and used that to get rid of sea claims.

As is, I really don't foresee a wipe at this point. They want to see what happens when they add upkeep in whatever fashion, as far as megas holding land, etc. This will probably go through 2 or 3 iterations of what is used for upkeep, where you put it, etc.

If this brings megas land down to a reasonable level, and other people can find claims, cool.

If this doesn't work, I'm guessing that is when they'll implement some claim limitation factor.

Limiting claims, and even scaling upkeep costs will have no effect on megas - they'll just split their companies and have alliances, either official or unofficial, to hold the same amount of land. They only thing that will limit their reach is having to physically drop even a trivial amount of a resource in every flag.