Sign in to follow this  
Bullet Force

Offline Raid Solution Must Come With Raider Loot Protection

I noticed in the latest Captain's Log that the devs seem to have given into the "game is too hard" crowd yet again and in particular have said they are going to do something about offline raiding. I have not seen though any thought given to one of the reasons why players offline raid and that is because if you raid someone that is online and has a brain he will drop all the items/loot in his base before you finally breach the wall. This creates a lack of incentive to raid while online especially for smaller companies that actually need that loot. 

This game needs a mechanic where say you can put a little 'raid stone' which has a radius around it which makes it so that anything in that area cannot be dropped while that stone is still active and not destroyed. The stone could have a health bar and an overall timer on it.

Alternatively make it so certain more valuable items such as gold and higher quality items and blueprints take far longer to despawn when dropped.

Or even more alternatively do the above with the extra timers but allow players to destroy those items faster by placing them in a special 'incinerator' building which allow them to be burned in faster way. The building would be both large (at least 3x3x3) and expensive so as to make it more rare.

Edited by Bullet Force

27 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

I noticed in the latest Captain's Log that the devs seem to have given into the "game is too hard" crowd yet again and in particular have said they are going to do something about offline raiding. I have not seen though any thought given to one of the reasons why players offline raid and that is because if you raid someone that is online and has a brain he will drop all the items/loot in his base before you finally breach the wall. This creates a lack of incentive to raid while online especially for smaller companies that actually need that loot. 

This game needs a mechanic where say you can put a little 'raid stone' which has a radius around it which makes it so that anything in that area cannot be dropped while that stone is still active and not destroyed. The stone could have a health bar and an overall timer on it.

Alternatively make it so certain more valuable items such as gold and higher quality items and blueprints take far longer to despawn when dropped.

Or even more alternatively do the above with the extra timers but allow players to destroy those items faster by placing them in a special 'incinerator' building which allow them to be burned in faster way. The building would be both large (at least 3x3x3) and expensive so as to make it more rare.

I really enjoy "hard" game as in the good old time and that's why I play Atlas.
In fact a "normal" level game in the nineties is a "hardcore" game today.

We are in 2019 and players just want easy and brainless game with tons of stupid helping systems: auto aim, spawn protection, auto health regen, kill cam, invincible ships, ...

I think you will really kill this game by requesting all days protection for this and protection for that.

If you want easy game just play sea of thieves or others beginners games.

• Like 4

I was reading the OP, and thought to myself "well here comes another suggestion for a raid mechanic that doesn't make sense". Raid stones . . . . not something i agree with based on the currently described mechanic. BUT then you get to the part where you mentioned about having de-spawn timers increase based on the importance of the item (or rarity). That actually is a very simple, easily implemented asset. Changing timers would at least add some strategy for both the popcorner / and the raider.  Could increase the timers based on the distance away from structure damage. but you could build the incinerator for faster disposal. Neat ideas. 

It is a bit disappointing when you get into a base just to find that they pop-corned everything 2 mins before. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BurgsideTiger said:

I was reading the OP, and thought to myself "well here comes another suggestion for a raid mechanic that doesn't make sense". Raid stones . . . . not something i agree with based on the currently described mechanic. BUT then you get to the part where you mentioned about having de-spawn timers increase based on the importance of the item (or rarity). That actually is a very simple, easily implemented asset. Changing timers would at least add some strategy for both the popcorner / and the raider.  Could increase the timers based on the distance away from structure damage. but you could build the incinerator for faster disposal. Neat ideas. 

It is a bit disappointing when you get into a base just to find that they pop-corned everything 2 mins before. 

Yes most of these ideas would be fairly easy to implement within the existing game especially the increased de-spawn timers for rarer items. I'm part of a large company atm and when we raid its mostly to delete someone rather then get their loot. If they leave their loot in the boxes then that is a bonus for us but not the primary goal.

For small companies though with limited reasons I can imagine it would be quite frustrating to spend several hundred cannon balls to get into a base only to find it completely bare of loot and items because the owner dropped it just before the final wall fell.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:06 AM, koulikov said:

I really enjoy "hard" game as in the good old time and that's why I play Atlas.
In fact a "normal" level game in the nineties is a "hardcore" game today.

We are in 2019 and players just want easy and brainless game with tons of stupid helping systems: auto aim, spawn protection, auto health regen, kill cam, invincible ships, ...

I think you will really kill this game by requesting all days protection for this and protection for that.

If you want easy game just play sea of thieves or others beginners games.

All u need in Atlas is being online 24/7. So that´s why it´s hard? No. How hard the game is has nothing to do with offline protection m8.

People just don´t want to lose everything while being offline. Are they bad because they are not online 24/7? I am in a tribe with 140 people, we still suffer from "1 person with a cannon bear" offline grief without being able to do anything because in this game there are no offline defensives yet. You can do whatever amount of puckles/cannons/balistas/swivel guns, 1 person with a cannon bear will still sink your ships in no time. 

This state of game isn´t "hard", it´s stupid design which leads to people leaving this game. That´s a fact and it has nothing to do with difficulty of game.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Why should the griefer be given any sort of protection?  If you're legitimately raiding, not griefing/OffRaiding, then the people you're raiding will either...

A) Be too busy defending against your attack

or

B) Taking steps to prevent you from getting loot, which is a legitimate tactic to use.

As someone who I'm sure would call themselves a PvP player, surely you should understand that depriving your attacker of the goods they're after is a worthwhile goal in PvP.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, Willard said:

All u need in Atlas is being online 24/7. So that´s why it´s hard? No. How hard the game is has nothing to do with offline protection m8.

People just don´t want to lose everything while being offline. Are they bad because they are not online 24/7? I am in a tribe with 140 people, we still suffer from "1 person with a cannon bear" offline grief without being able to do anything because in this game there are no offline defensives yet. You can do whatever amount of puckles/cannons/balistas/swivel guns, 1 person with a cannon bear will still sink your ships in no time. 

This state of game isn´t "hard", it´s stupid design which leads to people leaving this game. That´s a fact and it has nothing to do with difficulty of game.

You are 140 but your tribe is weak because you are all in the same timezone. You aren't an international tribe so everyone can raid you.

What do you want implement? A policeman who control each day if nobody attack you with a stupid bear cannon ?

29 minutes ago, koulikov said:

You are 140 but your tribe is weak because you are all in the same timezone. You aren't an international tribe so everyone can raid you.

What do you want implement? A policeman who control each day if nobody attack you with a stupid bear cannon ?

Arent u a little late m8?

5 minutes ago, Willard said:

Arent u a little late m8?

Yes because I don't play this game since you want to implement stupid rules: spawn protection, token war, "don't Attack me if I am in my bed", "I have a life but I want to play a MMO game", etc...

Edited by koulikov

21 minutes ago, koulikov said:

Yes because I don't play this game since you want to implement stupid rules: spawn protection, token war, "don't Attack me if I am in my bed", "I have a life but I want to play a MMO game", etc...

So people that work, have children, have a girlfriend, do other stuff then gaming, aren't allowed to play the game ? I never heard of a mmo that required you to be online 24/7, or to be an international clan. 
People want to play the game like they want, and don't have to worry for people like you, that only can come out when everyone is  a sleep. Offline protection is something that is needed, it's one of the main reasons people quit pvp. 

22 minutes ago, Abysian said:

So people that work, have children, have a girlfriend, do other stuff then gaming, aren't allowed to play the game ? I never heard of a mmo that required you to be online 24/7, or to be an international clan. 
People want to play the game like they want, and don't have to worry for people like you, that only can come out when everyone is  a sleep. Offline protection is something that is needed, it's one of the main reasons people quit pvp. 

You can just play PVE, why always PVP ?
You have been wipe by a big tribe and you want a revenge I guess?

If you have a girlfriend and some children so don't waste time on MMO video games, it's an advice.

17 minutes ago, koulikov said:

You can just play PVE, why always PVP ?
You have been wipe by a big tribe and you want a revenge I guess?

If you have a girlfriend and some children so don't waste time on MMO video games, it's an advice.

No, i've played PVE. But people play what they want, you're probably one of those offline raiders,  that would hate offline protection because that means you would actually have to do some pvp before you can raid someone. But i can imagine that it's too hard for the likes of you. 
Killing someone and stealing their stuff, destroying their ships while their offline ain't pvp. People have the right to play like they want, and when they want. So if they want to go to bed, have to go work, or do other stuff. They want their base, ships etc to be save while no one is online to defend it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Abysian said:

No, i've played PVE. But people play what they want, you're probably one of those offline raiders,  that would hate offline protection because that means you would actually have to do some pvp before you can raid someone. But i can imagine that it's too hard for the likes of you. 
 Killing someone and stealing their stuff, destroying their ships while their offline ain't pvp. People have the right to play like they want, and when they want. So if they want to go to bed, have to go work, or do other stuff. They want their base, ships etc to be save while no one is online to defend it.

Well sorry, I thought the game was a pirate's game.
I will uninstall the game the 20/03 after the wipe so you will be able to play as you want and pass your life in your bed.

(Just for info, we were in the top 5 true pirate tribe.)

2 hours ago, koulikov said:

Well sorry, I thought the game was a pirate's game.
I will uninstall the game the 20/03 after the wipe so you will be able to play as you want and pass your life in your bed.

(Just for info, we were in the top 5 true pirate 

How is pirate theme connected with offline raiding? Some of us actually want to enjoy pvp instead of online wars. I know it hurts you because you reeeeally like offline raiding but sorry, won't happen again. You will have to actually pvp instead of fighting vs NPCs. Poor you.

Btw see you after wipe, u know you are going to play 😉

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, koulikov said:

Just for info, we were in the top 5 true pirate tribe.

Ah, so you're not actually PvPers, you're just glorified landlords that let everyone else do the hard work for you.

3 hours ago, koulikov said:

(Just for info, we were in the top 5 true pirate tribe.)

You mean top 5 offline raiders ? Sorry but there's no pvp in that. 

• Like 1

valid suggestion as this will happen without some sort of mechanism for sure. 

On 2/24/2019 at 1:44 PM, Willard said:

In my oppinion they just have to nerf the bears with cannons... All in all we (we are a very small guild) have a very good offline protection - after we were attacked about 5 times we found our "blind spots" and so we are very safe. For sure - if there will be a higher amount of ships than our defense could handle - we are dead - but that's what the game is about and we are fine with it.. 

So I suggest: Keep it simple, just balance damage of cannon- bears, wall - hitpoints, etc. etc. and I think the game would be perfect as it is. And fix some bugs and annoying things like stucking in a pig or cow while running through the wood... or make it easier to climb up the ladder while swimming ... 

And PLZ don't change the claim system!!!!

Edited by pzzuii

19 hours ago, Willard said:

How is pirate theme connected with offline raiding? Some of us actually want to enjoy pvp instead of online wars. I know it hurts you because you reeeeally like offline raiding but sorry, won't happen again. You will have to actually pvp instead of fighting vs NPCs. Poor you.

Btw see you after wipe, u know you are going to play 😉

You talk about PvP but I think you have do 0 PvP on this game.

We have do some PvP with 150 players and this was a stupid bears battle on the beach with heavy lag so unplayable. If I want some true PvP FPS I will go on a good game like Battlefield or other FPS.

The PvP is disgusting in this game. There is no fun running for 5 hours with stupid bears canon/swivel just for defending an island.

I don't talk about firearms which are ridiculous. You can't kill someone or a bear with a headshot. Are you serious?
When the server is full you are teleport after 15 minutes in another island in the middle of nothing... What the fuck ? You do some PvP and suddenly you are kick of the PvP.

You want do some PvP ? Man vs man ? So come on and fix this crappy game engine.
Learn the basics from COD, BF, CS, and other game with a good netcode.

Edited by koulikov

15 minutes ago, koulikov said:

We have do some PvP with 150 players and this was a stupid bears battle on the beach with heavy lag so unplayable. If I want some true PvP FPS I will go on a good game like Battlefield or other FPS.

The PvP is disgusting in this game. There is no fun running for 5 hours with stupid bears canon/swivel just for defending an island.

I don't talk about firearms which are ridiculous. You can't kill someone or a bear with a headshot. Are you serious?
When the server is full you are teleport after 15 minutes in another island in the middle of nothing... What the fuck ? You do some PvP and suddenly you are kick of the PvP.

If the rider is naked you can kill him in one headshot, if he’s wearing a helmet and is using an hp spec it will take a few more shots, in my experience it’s generally 2-3 headshots for the average player and 5-6 if you face someone that is pvp specced with proper gear. I agree the damage reduction and lack of headshot hit box on a bear is pretty ridiculous, I think it’s something in the vicinity of 60 shots to kill a maxed out bear with good hp stats.

I am totally with you that the netcode in this game is absolute trash, hit detection is just so random, some fights 80% of your shots register and in the next it’s like 10%. Had a situations where one enemy is not even moving and there’s several of us shooting at him and nothing registers at all. Honestly I am kind of surprised no one is addressing this or I guess it’s just drowned out in other complaints.

1 hour ago, koulikov said:

Are you seriously comparing an FPS game to a MMO ?

2 hours ago, Pant said:

If the rider is naked you can kill him in one headshot, if he’s wearing a helmet and is using an hp spec it will take a few more shots, in my experience it’s generally 2-3 headshots for the average player and 5-6 if you face someone that is pvp specced with proper gear. I agree the damage reduction and lack of headshot hit box on a bear is pretty ridiculous, I think it’s something in the vicinity of 60 shots to kill a maxed out bear with good hp stats.

I am totally with you that the netcode in this game is absolute trash, hit detection is just so random, some fights 80% of your shots register and in the next it’s like 10%. Had a situations where one enemy is not even moving and there’s several of us shooting at him and nothing registers at all. Honestly I am kind of surprised no one is addressing this or I guess it’s just drowned out in other complaints.

It's wrong. I have more than 200 HP and you can't kill me with a pistol head shot when I am nake.

On a maxed bear it's more than 60 shots with his health regen so you must spend 1 hour to kill one (it's called fun PvP ?)

Yes the netcode is trash.
The author of this post won't complain because he doesn't want really PvP. He just want anti raid protection and camp in his main base so no one can wipe him.

The only fun part was maybe the PvP lawless island. You steal me / I steal you / another steal me, etc...
At the end there is always action and no one is safe (big or small tribe).

Edited by koulikov

1 hour ago, koulikov said:

The author of this post won't complain because he doesn't want really PvP. He just want anti raid protection and camp in their main base so no one can wipe him.

The only fun part was maybe the PvP lawless island. You steal me / I steal you / another steal me, etc...
At the end there is always action and no one is safe (big or small tribe).

I think you are confused, at least to me it seems like the author of this thread wants raid protection not anti-raid protection.

And I disagree about lawless I think lawless is a ghetto that’s killing any influx of new players. The most fun I have had in this game is fights between smaller companies with maybe 20-30 players. Imo this game needs to encourage players to fight more frequent and smaller skirmish fights instead of decisive offline raids.

Hardcore is not work core, its a full time job to play this game already and if i am not mistaken its taken on the role of Life is Funeral )joke) and this is not what people enjoy. Don't believe take a look at who still plays that game. 2-3 hour game play is more like 8 hrs online.

• Like 1