Sign in to follow this  
phelysarrian

SotD - my contribution

yesterday we was in the middle of 4 of them they appeared out of nothing xd also on server change one started to attack us first we saw dmg numbers and only after the sotd

That is a beautiful picture. What sector? I am on a crusade against the undead, so I will head out to sink them when I can.

I agree the SOTD population is way too high and too inconsistent. I too have been just trying to go from island to island within a grid and end up with 5 of them in render view distance. How am I supposed to avoid drawing agro with nominal wind ? It's ridiculous. 

Then other times I can travel 2 full grids and see none.   I'm not looking for a fight man !! 

Yeah it's been like this for a while. Yesterday I took my galleon out for a 6 grid trip and before I even made it through 2 sectors I'd killed 5 SoD and gone through 300+ cannon balls. I wasn't even looking for fights, those were just in my path aggroing on me. By the time I made it to my destination I probably killed at least 10, and those are just the ones I fought, there were 3x as many I didn't even mess with. It's pretty obnoxious. 

18 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

Yeah it's been like this for a while. Yesterday I took my galleon out for a 6 grid trip and before I even made it through 2 sectors I'd killed 5 SoD and gone through 300+ cannon balls. I wasn't even looking for fights, those were just in my path aggroing on me. By the time I made it to my destination I probably killed at least 10, and those are just the ones I fought, there were 3x as many I didn't even mess with. It's pretty obnoxious. 

There is an issue that future ship designs will hopefully address. If you are trying to move cargo of significant weight then the galleon is the obvious choice because of its highest weight allowance and good speed, but it also has the largest agro radius, so one often winds up chased by all manner of things. In the future a ship with good carry weight capacity and speed but smaller aggro radius, perhaps with limited ability to carry armaments might be an option. 

Jeez give it a rest you found some. You have already turned this into a game for wusssies nerfing everything.

Shoot them or turn around and go back to care bear island.