Sign in to follow this  
Master_Pain

Bookshelf - Release Meow

Meow, yes, the bookshelf now 🙂

I have 10 large storage boxes full of maps. Also about 10 full of blueprints.

10 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I have 10 large storage boxes full of maps. Also about 10 full of blueprints.

Slacker.  Gonna kick it into high gear at some point?

And +1 for releasing the Bookshelf now.  Absolutely take your time on the meaty content, but this one should be able to split off, right?

P.S. If the bookshelf preserves maps, that would be awesome...

Well with the way the launch went I wouldn't be surprised to find next month is delayed again.

I was also looking forward to bookshelf, have loads boxes stuffed with maps and blueprints.

Why couldn't they just release new content now and sort out claim system next month? Why put them together in 1 patch? No need.

7 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Why couldn't they just release new content now and sort out claim system next month? Why put them together in 1 patch? No need.

Because you can be quite certain that the whole "delay to add content" message is just a marketing way of saying that they need more time for the formerly planned content - it just sounds better. 
I don't mind the delay of the "major" content update (underwater biome), don't get me wrong, rather have it properly bugfixed before deployment and postpone it for that matter, but I agree that the QOL features like bookshelves and other minor items which shouldn't be connected to the rest of the planned implementations, to be released separately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Well with the way the launch went I wouldn't be surprised to find next month is delayed again.

I was also looking forward to bookshelf, have loads boxes stuffed with maps and blueprints.

I was thinking the same, there is no fucking need to add these claim changes in this update. It's just bullshit from their side. 
By the time they release this update, there will be almost no players left. Hell they don't even bother to reply on forums etc.
I like how @Jatheish said the day before we'll be getting some info ( was getting exited ). Only to smash a delay of a month in our face

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Devs, please release it when it you feel its ready and complete. 

Well, technically, the bookshelf was ready and complete ages ago.

13 minutes ago, Dreadmill said:

Yes please bookshelf! I’m sure it is just 10-20 mouse clicks away from being added to a patch. And make it a wearable item.

Do find yourself often wearing bookshelves? 🤪

3 minutes ago, Caveat said:

Well, technically, the bookshelf was ready and complete ages ago.

Yes there is already a functional bookshelf in Ark. At most it’s a reskin of that item.

One of two things happened. Either some of the content is ready but not all of it which really a content update shouldn't be all or nothing it would be better to drop what is ready so it can be played with and fixed sooner than later thus not delaying an even more massive heap of bug fixes for later. Option 2 which is very possibly the situation at hand is that they are honestly that far behind on dev time for the content update which could be due to a number of reasons which we are not privy to. Perhaps a lot of time has been spent on other background things which we won't directly notice but could be evident in all the patches for server optimization or maybe they already shifted dev time towards the other mentioned claim flag issues etc before finalizing the work on other the content patch. Surely there are parts of the big update ready to go. It's quite clear the guillotine is done from the video. I am assuming the bookshelf is a fairly easy port from ARK and adding maps would take minimal coding to add. I agree they should trickle out whats done though. 

4 minutes ago, Master_Pain said:

Bookshelf being added tonight, you're welcome. Thanks @Jatheish!!!

Good news - the bookshelf is being added early.

Bad news - the bookshelf only holds 20 maps or blueprints.

Good news - the bookshelf comes with sprinkles

Bad news - the sprinkles contain potassium benzoate

Edited by MeatSammich