Sign in to follow this  
Strider

Why do you need to cheat?

Why does a individual feel the need to cheat/Exploit/Hack the game? I know folks are very capable of doing it, but what is the point of it?

Aimbotting

Clipthrough

Duping

Shooting underwater

Building on Claim Land

and the list goes on.

I love pvp. But i also love fighting the good fight. Win or Lose I have a blast at it. We have had our $%!% pushed in many times in this game and it has not dulled us one bit. Hell fighting 16 hour battle on lawless against a horde of Jackman was some of the best times i have had yet. Guess some folks just don't have the same love for the game to play it with out cheating.

• Like 1

Cheaters I think are usually cheating to compensate for feeling inadequate in some way in some other area of their life. People who genuinely love to compete do so for the chance to measure themselves against others. They already feel good enough about who they are that they can enjoy competing without feeling some overwhelming need to feel superior by always winning.

Thats what my therapist tells me anyway while she’s taking all my money at Texas Hold Em.

• Haha 1

As in real life they do it for the shits and giggles and because they love ruining someone's day.

• Like 1

I don't get all this cheating stuff ..... period.  Not saying that it's not going on, but, I just havn't seen a video of blatant hacking.  The duping thing, perhaps, don't know for sure on the mechanics of the game. 

I know, alt account for pink gays or bdlx or whatever the frack  the cheater of the moment is named ...... right?  Hardly!  Here is my personal perspective on being called a hacker/cheater.

It is like a family joke in my house.  My kid (not really a kid anymore) stops by and we do the gaming thing in the same room about 6 feet apart.  He plays computer and xbox.  I just computer and we rarely play the same games.  Just the way it's been since he was young.  I always built him and myself a good computer because everyone knows lag is the killer and just not an option.  He is an absolute beast in every FPS type of game he plays absolutely amazing how good he is.  Me not so much, as a matter of fact I'm pretty bad (plays the old guy card).

The joke is when kids tell him he's hacking.  Tell him he's hacking and you have now become his game.  He wants you to rage quit. I've seen or heard it a hundred times and it is a badge of honor to be called a hacker when your not.  It is music to his ears because I know for a fact that he is not hacking or cheating.  I ask him how he does that and he says he doesn't know ..... most people (myself included) just suck.  He says he just always feels like there is a sniper scope on him and plays accordingly.  Do Not Stop.  Do not give someone an easy shot ever (bunny hop, no straight lines, always ready for someone to pop around that corner, ALWAYS!) 

My point is ..... just because your getting your ass kicked doesn't necessarily mean it's by a hacker.  There are people out there that are amazingly good at games like this.  Is there hacking going on in ATLAS?  Probably, but, I would think they would try to not advertise they are hacking.  I'm sure the Devs are checking into the ones that have been pointed out.  Read a post earlier where the devs are just as likely to watch the known hacker for a while to learn his tricks.  That is spot on.  The floating shit?  Why would they do that?  I've seen floating everything that should not be floating in this game.

Like I said, I do not get the whole point of the hacking thing.  Cheating just isn't in me and never will be.  I'm "OK" that I suck.    

and give the devs some time.  Hackers/Cheaters will be removed from the game.   

Getting wiped is part of the game. Doesn't bother me one bit at all. Regroup, rebuild and try and do it better. I have first hand seen cheats, hell just today we got CSTG Queen Anne's Revenge dropping foundation and beds on claimed Territory. And yes, report has been made and evidence sent.

CSTG Cheat.jpg

CSTG Cheat 2.jpg