Sign in to follow this  
gadefence

QoL updates

I don't know about anyone else, but the amount of times I look back and am amazed an animal started following me for some reason (ex: tell them all to follow my bird, jump off bird, run to house to eat and come back, all eles are following me - or jump of giraffe, leave it in pen, turn around and the stupid thing followed me out) is getting excessive. Can we have a counter somewhere that tells you how many animals are following you?

Also, since pigs are supposed to be the shit farming animal (what with their poop on demand button), can they poop directly into their inventory, so we can have less people need to go on poop duty every few days for farms?

16 minutes ago, MaLioSherGaming said:

its the same with ark, you accidentally whistle and half the map if following you 🙂 There should be an ignore whistle option!

Thanks for bringing back nightmares where I would set my controller down and accidentally hit the wrong button.

Is that an earthquake? Suddenly surrounded by 100 dinos, jammed into a huge mass of unmountability, and would spend the next hour putting everything back, having to make each one follow seperately, including all the ones that glitched through the walls of the pens, and going to find the quetzes that got pissed off that they had nowhere to land and decided to fly outside the base, 100 yards upriver.

Edited by MeatSammich
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, MaLioSherGaming said:

its the same with ark, you accidentally whistle and half the map if following you 🙂 There should be an ignore whistle option!

There is. Behavior > Ignore Group Whistles

• Thanks 3

You can also set different animals or their entire class to a different Group. Everything starts on the Default one. Move your parrots and chickens to Group 1 or something and you will never have that problem again AND won't lose the ability to whistle at them if you need. Setting things to Ignore Whistles is well and all, but sometimes you need the ability.

8 hours ago, MaLioSherGaming said:

I know it is. But I find in ark you have 1-3 brontos follow you and you get all the mats you ever need. I tend to trail pack animals in this game when farming, and it's annoying as fuck to turn around and see I either left them behind when I didn't want to or - as is more often the case, they're all still following me when I thought they were following the lead animal.

8 hours ago, Bryan said:

You can also set different animals or their entire class to a different Group. Everything starts on the Default one. Move your parrots and chickens to Group 1 or something and you will never have that problem again AND won't lose the ability to whistle at them if you need. Setting things to Ignore Whistles is well and all, but sometimes you need the ability.

Ignore Group Whistle only ignores group whistles, like J and U, not individual whistles like T.

10 hours ago, MaLioSherGaming said:

There is an ignore whistle option. If you hate the fact that you make mistakes in whistling wrong animals, I really don’t think they need to fix something. 

Edited by Percieval

Plus there are whistle control groups just like in Ark, so whistling only a select predefined group. IDK about ATLAS videos explaining it, but there should be plenty of ARK videos on that subject and the system / controls are identical as far  as I know.

8 hours ago, gadefence said:

Ignore Group Whistle only ignores group whistles, like J and U, not individual whistles like T.

I do not believe I said anything about them ignoring T? Not sure why you would grab that comment out of the air and put it in my mouth. LOL.

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

I do not believe I said anything about them ignoring T? Not sure why you would grab that comment out of the air and put it in my mouth. LOL.

You might want to write clearer then. I read it as you trying to say it would.

1 hour ago, gadefence said:

You might want to write clearer then. I read it as you trying to say it would.

No, you just need to read clearer and not go out of your way to find things to try and correct 🙂

The discussion was about whistling J on accident and that they should use Ignore so it would not happen. I said that sometimes you do not want to lose the ability and they perhaps should try Groups.

I mean, come on dude.... seriously.

Edited by Bryan