Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Claim system 🙄

3 hours ago, Talono said:

But in the current situation, where from the big tribes only one or two players are left who try to protect all their assets is big fun.

“Perfect title : Raiders of fallen empires“😜😂

You should sail out and try to grab some land. Even if you fail not a big deal, just build a new sloop in a freeport and charge another island... or take revenge.

True up to a point.

I see a way that makes sense and can facilitate more claims per person. But i dont know if it would be favored.

- Limit beds to 2 per person.

-  You can only fast travel to your own bed.

I like it. Fast travel doesnt really make sense in this game.

Super annoyong to go lay claims on an empty (fully claimed as all land is, just no people) island and suddenly people magically start appearing. Really immersion breaking. 

Honestly claims are way better then pillar spam bs.  They just need to make where everyone can get a claim and people can't take more then they need 

5 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

True up to a point.

I see a way that makes sense and can facilitate more claims per person. But i dont know if it would be favored.

- Limit beds to 2 per person.

-  You can only fast travel to your own bed.

I like it. Fast travel doesnt really make sense in this game.

Super annoyong to go lay claims on an empty (fully claimed as all land is, just no people) island and suddenly people magically start appearing. Really immersion breaking. 

This is my favored approach to the issue.

Put some kind of token upkeep to the claims, even just one gold that has to be manually delivered to each flag. After the flag's timer is up, it just vanishes and frees up the land.

Beds become personally owned, company members can't use them only the person that placed it, and implement a limit of three beds per person. One for your home, one for your ship, one to use as you see fit (outpost, a second ship, company's main base, respawn point for raids etc.). That will make it so only occupied land is held, instead of barren islands no one goes to except to refresh the flags.

Outright limiting the number of flags a company can hold isn't a good option, as it will make the game's vision of empires spanning the breadth of the atlas impossible to achieve. But limiting beds will leave it still possible but only if you actually intend on having an occupying force.

Token upkeep does not work to eliminate flags, look at wurm online where to have a deed you have to deposit game silver, which is either bought from the cash shop or from player trading.     The first thing they did is allow prepay because of people complaining they did not make it to the flag on time (forgot or traveling or server hopping) and lost the deed.    So what happens then is that just gets used as a place to store you excess coin and you can easily build up to months or years of prepay.    Devs liked that because it encouraged large cash shop purchases, players liked it because they could take game vacations (wait out bugs, play the new hot game, etc.) .  Meanwhile the server is full of pristine deeds that are not decaying even though they are clearly dead.   Got so bad that the only way to solve the problem was opening up new servers, only for that cycle to repeat and people start crying no land need new server.

Getting rid of bed fast travel would solve it because then the population of the megacorp needs dispersed to all their land holdings, the larger they get the harder the logistics become at mustering to fight (PVE fighting over flag does not require combat - it just requires you to be present).   Is the little guy fast traveling to their resource base willing to take that hit for the greater good of the server?

Edited by krazmuze

13 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

We are 3 persons in our company and we have a large gold gain. Would be no prob to keep claims up. That makes no difference.

Depends what the upkeep costs are.  If they go with a steep curve, similar to what someone suggested elsewhere, 5 flags would be very expensive.

Agreed that the token upkeep is likely unnecessary if they just limit the beds as I had described earlier.

Though you raise a good point about people not being able to make it for the timers, especially in a game like this. Maybe rather than the flags just disappearing once the timer is up there should be a small grace period where the flag is contestible but still exists. Perhaps with some degree of decay, where the longer it decays the easier it is to take, up until it completely decays and vanishes.

Edited by Kidori

Well after 3 week I tried to contest a flag. Time was expired says flag but of course it was not and it is going in the min. What number you can trust......