Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Claim system 🙄

Well they really messed up with that idea. I have seen a few people say they like it, which is fine, but the claim system is just stupid in all directions.

dont worry though. They will change it. Wildcard very rarely takes something out. They are more likely to alter/buff/nerf instead but they know how stupid this idea was so it will he changed.

i heard some people say “well do you want pillar spam again?” Well my answer to that is yes, of course. This is ark so pillar spam is basically part of the game. 

Mira a whole lot better than the stupid flag system lol.

i mean that was seriously a stupid idea. Not one aspect of it is good. Feel free to disagree and have an opinion, I am always cool with that. The thing is it’s a stupid idea no matter what anyone thinks

They will change it in march with the undersea update. I wonder in what way tho, likely just kill the small guy with a lot of claims while rewarding the mega corps and add a gold upkeep..

If I had to guess they will nuke sea flags as well. Currently they don´t even count as flags on the timer.

1 minute ago, Shintai said:

They will change it in march with the undersea update. I wonder in what way tho, likely just kill the small guy with a lot of claims while rewarding the mega corps and add a gold upkeep..

If I had to guess they will nuke sea flags as well. Currently they don´t even count as flags on the timer.

Yeah, they need to go back to ark style. Just have the buffer from placing structures near enemy structures.

atleast on ark anybody can build literally anywhere. Land was never an issue there. If it wasn’t broke they shouldn’t have tried to fix it.

especially since they are very good at breaking stuff 

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah, they need to go back to ark style. Just have the buffer from placing structures near enemy structures.

atleast on ark anybody can build literally anywhere. Land was never an issue there. If it wasn’t broke they shouldn’t have tried to fix it.

especially since they are very good at breaking stuff 

This doesn't really work either. Since you can pillar or block enemy habours and bases or simply people you don´t like. Or simply pillar spawn resources so they are gone. And no, I don't considering resources on lawless to work.

The claim system works better than the ARK/Lawless edition. However it has it´s own issues. Sea flags for once should never have been a thing.

Edited by Shintai
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shintai said:

This doesn't really work either. Since you can pillar or block enemy habours and bases or simply people you don´t like. Or simply pillar spawn resources so they are gone. And no, I don't considering resources on lawless to work.

The claim system works better than the ARK/Lawless edition. However it has it´s own issues. Sea flags for once should never have been a thing.

I have to disagree. But it’s ok to disagree. Pillars were a problem for pve. But as far as pvp goes I see the ark style as superior 

Rust has a cupboard to put in Mats to upkeep the base. The larger the base= more mats. Would take a bit to find a nice balance, but would help keep islands with only 1-5 ppl on it owning everything. Then again, they would prolly just botch that too.

• Like 2

What if flags could be integrated into the buildings and required upkeep?  This flag would need to be built and aggressors would need to attack and destroy this structure to take that territory?  The claim area would be increased in size, but more difficult to hold?  I dunno just tossing ideas out that are similar to what we already have, but change the way it currently is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

What if flags could be integrated into the buildings and required upkeep?  This flag would need to be built and aggressors would need to attack and destroy this structure to take that territory?  The claim area would be increased in size, but more difficult to hold?  I dunno just tossing ideas out that are similar to what we already have, but change the way it currently is. 

Oh yeah, those are good ideas.

the main problem is actually that there are two problems. Not just the claim system, but the Megas as well.

legas could easily afford the upkeep so it wouldn’t really change anything for them atleast. Definitely good ideas though. 

Mega shmega. Most regions now have 5-10 players now. Even a company of say 50 shouldn't have 5 islands for each member. This helps insure they have to frequent the islands they own for upkeep. 

On 2/21/2019 at 8:06 PM, Shintai said:

Some island you have to place you're shipyard few 100 yards in sea and is out of reach of land claim. Sometimes sea claim is necessary..

1 hour ago, awakatanka said:

Some island you have to place you're shipyard few 100 yards in sea and is out of reach of land claim. Sometimes sea claim is necessary..

Sea claims should only be placeable if its touching a land claim you own.

The problem with sea claims only if touching land claims is it is bugged.   

I tried to fine tune my land claim placements after overlapping them with sea claims, only to lose the land flag because it says your land claim is overlapping a sea claim and it would not allow that overlap - even though the sea claim had overlapped the land claim to being with!

There are many places with wide shallows that land claims cannot reach where your shipyard and docks need to go.

Sea flags do not count as land flags even if they cover land, so I get to enjoy max 21d timers as my land flag count is zero.

I don’t know how you can change the claim system to make it better. But a claim limit like boats and takes would help a lot. If they limited claim amounts to something like 50 max per company then they wouldn’t be able to spam every island and take over 4 squares. You would definitely have to strategise your claims. And if you use up your 50 to claim an island then you won’t be able to take someone else’s claims later unless you have up a acpiple claims on your island. This would help smaller companies get land and then large companies wouldn’t be able to just keep wiping out others. What do you think?

One main building, your capital.  Place this and you own some land.  Spend skill points to unlock more flags to place.  Upkeep goes into the capital building.

• Like 1

Pillar spam is a bad idea, i have this in my lawless areas. As it is the only protection against the raiding meta (foundation-cannon-byebye huge stone fortress) i spam myself.. very stupid.

Hopefully we get some system with max flags per active player (who must have logged in during the last week). Or a „homestone“ solution.

I scouted many islands today, the big companies fell apart, in 2 cases there were just the company founder left, owning 20 galleons and 2-3 islands solo...lol.

An easy and fair system is a must !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tillman said:

I don’t know how you can change the claim system to make it better. But a claim limit like boats and takes would help a lot. If they limited claim amounts to something like 50 max per company then they wouldn’t be able to spam every island and take over 4 squares. You would definitely have to strategise your claims. And if you use up your 50 to claim an island then you won’t be able to take someone else’s claims later unless you have up a acpiple claims on your island. This would help smaller companies get land and then large companies wouldn’t be able to just keep wiping out others. What do you think?

It might be something they're considering, according to the last captain's log. At that point, they'll have to get rid off/change up the leaderboards, else all the top companies will just be a tie between everyone.

A system where you can own as much land as you want, but have to allow building on claims over X amount (with added renter protections) would allow the take over the map leaderboard to continue, as well as provide tax income for people.

1 hour ago, MeatSammich said:

It might be something they're considering, according to the last captain's log. At that point, they'll have to get rid off/change up the leaderboards, else all the top companies will just be a tie between everyone.

A system where you can own as much land as you want, but have to allow building on claims over X amount (with added renter protections) would allow the take over the map leaderboard to continue, as well as provide tax income for people.

If it is steamid claims then it's ok, else they make alts to have more

Absolutely claims should be limited. I liked the idea of a leaderboard, but in 3 days it became obvious to anyone that this wont work.

4 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

1 person can place 2 flags. 

Would be totally fine.

How about no.  Limiting flags should not be overly restrictive.  Upkeep is a far better restriction.  It allows those who A) put in the work to have a large stake and B) larger companies expand to allow them hold more land.  With upkeep, these mega companies would still have comparatively large swaths of land, but it would be FAR less than it currently is.

Limiting players to only 2 flags means you have almost no land to work with.

I could live with 2 flags. One for my base and one for ny harbor.

Chinese 1000 player tribes certainly can live with 2000 flags.

Edited by Talono

3 hours ago, CazzT said:

How about no.  Limiting flags should not be overly restrictive.  Upkeep is a far better restriction.  It allows those who A) put in the work to have a large stake and B) larger companies expand to allow them hold more land.  With upkeep, these mega companies would still have comparatively large swaths of land, but it would be FAR less than it currently is.

Limiting players to only 2 flags means you have almost no land to work with.

We are 3 persons in our company and we have a large gold gain. Would be no prob to keep claims up. That makes no difference.

• Like 2

Well, there is a certain balance in the current system. If i claim from a big tribe it is very easy. I claim fast, they claim slow. I, as attacker, pick the locations of my battles and claimed. The defending tribe can only react.

A big, well organized tribe could repell me with easy due to superior headcount, ressources, weapons and pets.

But in the current situation, where from the big tribes only one or two players are left who try to protect all their assets is big fun.

“Perfect title : Raiders of fallen empires“😜😂

You should sail out and try to grab some land. Even if you fail not a big deal, just build a new sloop in a freeport and charge another island... or take revenge.

Live at least on two different islands, so in case of a wipe you dont have to start from scratch.