Sign in to follow this  
Realist

I leave for two weeks and look what you guys did. Smh

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Ok let’s just stick with the 80% loss in numbers anyways. There is really no difference except now they won’t be able to generate any hype.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

I will be here with an “I told you so” for the people that don’t believe me though.

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Ah but atlas isn’t a great concept. We can already see the downfall.

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

atlas will still never be 1/12 of ark

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

It not my fault they suck and can’t get it to console in a reasonable amount of time. Guess they are messing up in every way. 

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

they messed this game up since the beginning and worked on the wrong things at the wrong time.

Tilting on windmills.  And this is just in the past 4 hours.

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Atlas was never in any way announced or implied as an Ark DLC by anyone connected to the game’s development. The notion that it is or was intended to be is 100% outsider speculation. It’s not a theory that I personally subscribe to, but there is not strong evidence one way or the other. Just clarifying that if you are remembering it ever having been announced as such, then unfortunately your memory is in error.

that is quite possible as i do not have the best memory hehe, and already after the second post i read of OP i got the gist of it hehe

4 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Tilting on windmills.  And this is just in the past 4 hours.

Ahhh, good reference. It makes sense now. I hoped there was a good thread here. Just another random uninformed troll.

1 minute ago, wildbill said:

Was such a happy 2 weeks in the forums without you 🙂

From what I was reading it seemed way more toxic with the usual few trying to shut down anyone with a complaint lol 

pretty sad really

On 2/21/2019 at 10:37 AM, Realist said:

Wow. I said to hold the torch not grab the torch and burn the game down guys.

well the vacations was awesome but I am back now so I will he starting a series of threads to get things going again.

8 out of 10 people gone is inexcusable. I did some reading on here before I posted this. I also looked at the patch notes and I am very pleased that they made tames very valuable. I know some of the people here don’t want this to be ark and one person even made a thread called this isn’t ark. He was very mistaken.

time for a wake up call. This is ark. Saying atlas was an ark dlc wasn’t an insult even though people used it as that. What is means is that it was an ark dlc that got turned into a full game. Either way this is ark. 

So for the people that don’t like tames? Oh well. There is going to be an even greater emphasis coming. Funny thing is I saw someone say the minority likes tames. That is a very stupid statement. Especially since once the tame patch came out we saw the first actual small spike in player numbers.

the best thing about atlas is the tames.

anyways, I will be discussing the stupid claim system, player base, the February update and a few other things is some threads. Time to kick it into gear.

Ark already exists. Atlas should not be Ark, even if it resembles it now, work needs to be put in to differentiate it.

We don't need animal tames to have fun doing what animal tames do. Using human NPCs for the same thing would be fine, minus a few cases where riding animals is good, like horses. But pirates don't have bronto-sized giraffes, or rhinos on their ships. It was always almost exclusively humans, and maybe a parrot or dog.

43 minutes ago, Bowtie said:

Ark already exists. Atlas should not be Ark, even if it resembles it now, work needs to be put in to differentiate it.

We don't need animal tames to have fun doing what animal tames do. Using human NPCs for the same thing would be fine, minus a few cases where riding animals is good, like horses. But pirates don't have bronto-sized giraffes, or rhinos on their ships. It was always almost exclusively humans, and maybe a parrot or dog.

Yeah but that is the thing. It pretty much is ark. I know people don’t want it to be and they think it is something else, but it is way too late for that. They even have animal breeding which is something that took a while before it even came to ark. The added weight reduction already which also took a long time to add to ark. They are implementing all of the things that made tames awesome in ark. And if you think about it in the next big update they are adding a giant crab. A tame that will be able to carry as much weight as a quetzal, or as I like to call it the “land quetzal”.

i get that people don’t want it to be this way but it already is this way. Way too late to go back now. The hit the overdrive button with tames and its only going to speed up from here.

it would take way too much time and way too much skill to get the npc’s to be able to harvest like tames do. Especially to automate them. They couldn’t even do that with tames, so it really isn’t going to happen.

bottom line is tames are not only here to stay but they will become more important each day.

they already made the foy easy and soon they will be changing the claim system. The players might have had a vision for the game, but they were just wrong. Doesn’t mean they were wrong to have a vision for the game. It just means their vision was wrong.

this is the reality of it. Really take a second to look at the changes that are happening and have happened. If you really think I am wrong then ok I won’t argue. But really take a step back and look

Edited by Realist

1 hour ago, Realist said:

From what I was reading it seemed way more toxic with the usual few trying to shut down anyone with a complaint lol 

pretty sad really

Or the usual toxic few trying to shut down anyone saying something positive. As always, observation bias is an issue. 😁

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Or the usual toxic few trying to shut down anyone saying something positive. As always, observation bias is an issue. 😁

Sure I have seen that too. I see both sides of the coin. Do you?

Edited by Realist

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

If you have to ask you have not been paying attention to my posts. Also you have been consistently and overwhelmingly critical of a game you do not own and have yet to play. That is a curious definition of seeing both sides of the coin.

8 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

If you have to ask you have not been paying attention to my posts. Also you have been consistently and overwhelmingly critical of a game you do not own and have yet to play. That is a curious definition of seeing both sides of the coin.

Patiently waiting. You can keep saying I dont own the game all you want and I’ll just keep on saying I am waiting for console release. A potential customer is just as important if not more important than a customer.

Edited by Realist

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Patiently waiting. You can keep saying I do own the game all you want and I’ll just keep on saying I am waiting for console release. A potential customer is just as important if not more important than a customer.

I keep mentioning you don’t own the game because you continue to comment on gameplay as if you do.  What you do is akin to a blind man giving his thoughts on the Mona Lisa as described to him by others. It has decidedly limited value.

I find your characterization of yourself as waiting for console curious since your publicly stated premise from the beginning has been that Wildshot is an unethical, deceptive development studio and your purpose here was to sound the alarm, call them on it, make others aware etc etc. If they are that bad as you have said repeatedly, why would you even consider doing business with such an unethical company?

37 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I keep mentioning you don’t own the game because you continue to comment on gameplay as if you do.  What you do is akin to a blind man giving his thoughts on the Mona Lisa as described to him by others. It has decidedly limited value.

I find your characterization of yourself as waiting for console curious since your publicly stated premise from the beginning has been that Wildshot is an unethical, deceptive development studio and your purpose here was to sound the alarm, call them on it, make others aware etc etc. If they are that bad as you have said repeatedly, why would you even consider doing business with such an unethical company?

That is pretty simple actually. My buddies are going to buy it and I know they will talk me into it. I am not going to just stop playing with my buddies just because a company is unethical.

but at the same time I am not going to stay quite just because I am going to play an unethical companies game.

you try to get on me about commenting on a game I don’t own yet, but you act as though you know me even though you haven’t met me. Pretty hypocritical.

i tell you what. You go ahead and keep commenting on me and I will keep commenting on the game, which is what this forum is actually for lol

1 minute ago, Realist said:

That is pretty simple actually. My buddies are going to buy it and I know they will talk me into it. I am not going to just stop playing with my buddies just because a company is unethical.

but at the same time I am not going to stay quite just because I am going to play an unethical companies game.

you try to get on me about commenting on a game I don’t own yet, but you act as though you know me even though you haven’t met me. Pretty hypocritical.

i tell you what. You go ahead and keep commenting on me and I will keep commenting on the game, which is what this forum is actually for lol

Everything I have ever said about you relates back to your views of the game, something I have direct knowledge of. Everything you have ever said about the game is second hand information. That is the qualitative difference between the two.

There is no hypocrisy because I do not comment about you except as it relates to what you have to say about the game. Were I to conjecture about things like your age, educational background, what your real life situation is, that would be hypocrisy. 

32 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Everything I have ever said about you relates back to your views of the game, something I have direct knowledge of. Everything you have ever said about the game is second hand information. That is the qualitative difference between the two.

There is no hypocrisy because I do not comment about you except as it relates to what you have to say about the game. Were I to conjecture about things like your age, educational background, what your real life situation is, that would be hypocrisy. 

Sure thing dude, whatever you say. Either way let’s just keep doing what we are doing 👍

27 minutes ago, Gfrannic said:

Spending all that time, on a forum of a game you don't like......:classic_huh:

Why?

Because I want it to be a game I will like. The closer it is to ark, the more I will like it. Luckily is it moving towards ark so I am pleased with some of the changes.

everyone has a vision for the game. I just want to make my vision the true one

3 hours ago, Realist said:

Wait, they still make those joke double headed coins?

1 hour ago, Gfrannic said:

Spending all that time, on a forum of a game you don't like......:classic_huh:

Why?

He's clearly stated he has some grudge against Wildcard but he refused to go into details.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Because I want it to be a game I will like. The closer it is to ark, the more I will like it. Luckily is it moving towards ark so I am pleased with some of the changes.

everyone has a vision for the game. I just want to make my vision the true one

Bullshit!

Now you're trying to make us believe you really want to play this game?

Bullshit!

On 12/22/2018 at 5:39 PM, Realist said:

You can defend it all you want, just don’t bother with the “its alpha” talk. No, it’s wildcard. They are the problem. It isn’t the launch that was bad, it is the fact that it will continue to be bad because wildcard is a bad dev company.

yes I can say I know that will happen because I have their 3 year track record on my side. What do you have? Hope? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

On 12/22/2018 at 6:20 PM, Realist said:

Nah we knew wildcard were liars for years 😂 what a worthless dev company 

On 12/24/2018 at 5:12 PM, Realist said:

A failed game is a failed game no matter how you look at it 

4 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Wait, they still make those joke double headed coins?

He's clearly stated he has some grudge against Wildcard but he refused to go into details.

Bullshit!

Now you're trying to make us believe you really want to play this game?

Bullshit!

As I said a few times, I am sure my buddies will get me to play it. Look at how you are behaving right now. You do the same to the others and they are completely different than me.

you can say BS all you want. You have no clue what I am going to do. You should be ashamed right now 

Edited by Realist

Just now, Realist said:

As I said a few times, I am sure my buddies will get me to play it. Look at how you are behaving right now. You do the same to the others and they are completely different than me.

you can say BS all you want. You have no clue what I am going to do. You should be ashamed right now 

On 12/28/2018 at 11:16 AM, Realist said:

If you know it’s wildcard then I am surprised you are optimistic. I stopped being optimistic after I was done with ark. 3 years of being optimistic, but no longer. I already know what happens next and next after that. These guys work like clockwork.

On 12/28/2018 at 10:47 AM, Realist said:

Truly is a shame. I was actually hoping I would like how this game turned out. Unfortunately that is not the case. No doubt another company will make another one at some point though 

On 12/28/2018 at 9:50 AM, Realist said:

There will always be wildcard pve grieves. Even if they patch it they will figure out another way. Always do

On 12/28/2018 at 7:56 AM, Realist said:

You know wildcard isn’t good at updates right? Don’t even bother reading the patch notes, just wait to see what is different or more likely, worse. 😂

Shall I continue?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Shall I continue?

Exactly. That’s all true. Trying to figure out your point here. Did I ever say I will never play the game? Please find that quote for me. I have always said I know I will end up playing it because of my buddies. Really not sure what you are getting at.

and as far as my quote on how the game didn’t turn out good, I just got done saying today that I like the direction the game is headed now. This is the present, you need to let go of the past. They realized tames are the most important thing in this game , so now I will even say they are doing a good job in that aspect.

but sure, go ahead and stay off topic