Sign in to follow this  
Realist

I leave for two weeks and look what you guys did. Smh

Wow. I said to hold the torch not grab the torch and burn the game down guys.

well the vacations was awesome but I am back now so I will he starting a series of threads to get things going again.

8 out of 10 people gone is inexcusable. I did some reading on here before I posted this. I also looked at the patch notes and I am very pleased that they made tames very valuable. I know some of the people here don’t want this to be ark and one person even made a thread called this isn’t ark. He was very mistaken.

time for a wake up call. This is ark. Saying atlas was an ark dlc wasn’t an insult even though people used it as that. What is means is that it was an ark dlc that got turned into a full game. Either way this is ark. 

So for the people that don’t like tames? Oh well. There is going to be an even greater emphasis coming. Funny thing is I saw someone say the minority likes tames. That is a very stupid statement. Especially since once the tame patch came out we saw the first actual small spike in player numbers.

the best thing about atlas is the tames.

anyways, I will be discussing the stupid claim system, player base, the February update and a few other things is some threads. Time to kick it into gear.

Before you post yet another thread, perhaps you should read through the existing ones and maybe add to their discussion? We do not need yet MORE threads on these topics. The devs have already addressed a lot of it and there are plenty of existing constructive threads. Just saying...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Before you post yet another thread, perhaps you should read through the existing ones and maybe add to their discussion? We do not need yet MORE threads on these topics. The devs have already addressed a lot of it and there are plenty of existing constructive threads. Just saying...

I make my own threads

41 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

The OP tames are a joke .. you are stupid. Stop posting.

What an idiot. The only thing keeping this game going is the tames 😂

• Like 1

Yes, this game is heavily based off on Ark and if i remember correctly it was also originally meant as a big DLC. But it is not ark it is atlas 😛 and i think most of us started playing cause we love pirates, not animals\tames, but ofc taming has always been popular in games, and it doesn't help when they end up being a necessity instead of some extra fun.

• Like 1

Welcome back Realist. Glad your trip was a safe one. To everyone who is new and inclined to argue with Realist about tames or anthing else, be advised that he does not actually own the game. His opinions are all based off of second hand information, not his own play experience. Make of that what you will.

PS. Don’t look at me, I only burned a little of it to the ground. Two, three, call it six grids.

Ten tops.

PPS. Your nickname is still Don Quixote.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What people appreciated is that you could gather thatch now in any (!) way and had a better means of transportation. Most people who you claim to appreciate especially tames, don't give a sh*t if it's an elephant, a cart pulled by an npc person or a flying saucer helping them farm. I personally disapprove of the tame focus and would wish for much more of a crew use or any other means for that matter, that don't give you the feeling you play ark 2.0 but a immersive pirate game.

1 hour ago, Tr4ckz said:

What people appreciated is that you could gather thatch now in any (!) way and had a better means of transportation. Most people who you claim to appreciate especially tames, don't give a sh*t if it's an elephant, a cart pulled by an npc person or a flying saucer helping them farm. I personally disapprove of the tame focus and would wish for much more of a crew use or any other means for that matter, that don't give you the feeling you play ark 2.0 but a immersive pirate game.

Well this is ark though. They will never do anything with the crew. Especially make the auto collect resources. They don’t have the skill to even attempt that, let alone accomplish it.

if they did have the ability they would have already done it with tames. Tames are the only future for atlas. And pretty soon you will see even more emphasis on it.

imagine the giant crab “land quetzal” that already has massive weight, then load on rhinos and bears with the weight reduction on them which will also be less weight for the crab. Once the Megas get a hold on multiple crabs they will be able to transport millions of resources in an hour.

get ready for the Megas huge bases of ark and mass amounts of tames. Pretty soon the servers will be laggy even with one person on it because of all the building and tames coming.

welcome to ark. This was never going to be what people wanted it to be. This is going to still be the ark dlc it was supposed to be.

8 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Welcome back Realist. Glad your trip was a safe one. To everyone who is new and inclined to argue with Realist about tames or anthing else, be advised that he does not actually own the game. His opinions are all based off of second hand information, not his own play experience. Make of that what you will.

PS. Don’t look at me, I only burned a little of it to the ground. Two, three, call it six grids.

Ten tops.

PPS. Your nickname is still Don Quixote.

Glad to be back. Yeah it was pretty awesome. Even got to play with tigers 👍

thanks for that extra info about me. Sometimes I forget to say it lol

but yeah, this is just getting out of control. Especially with them delaying the giant crab, that will definitely hurt the numbers even more.

was pretty surprised actually. It was only 45% before I left and I come back to 80%. I didn’t think it would be higher than 75%.

something happened that’s for sure though. More than likely the stupid claim system. That was probably one of the worst choices they made with this game

17 hours ago, Realist said:

well the vacations was awesome but I am back now so I will he starting a series of threads to get things going again.

8 out of 10 people gone is inexcusable. I did some reading on here before I posted this. I also looked at the patch notes and I am very pleased that they made tames very valuable. I know some of the people here don’t want this to be ark and one person even made a thread called this isn’t ark. He was very mistaken.

time for a wake up call. This is ark. Saying atlas was an ark dlc wasn’t an insult even though people used it as that. What is means is that it was an ark dlc that got turned into a full game. Either way this is ark. 

So for the people that don’t like tames? Oh well. There is going to be an even greater emphasis coming. Funny thing is I saw someone say the minority likes tames. That is a very stupid statement. Especially since once the tame patch came out we saw the first actual small spike in player numbers.

anyways, I will be discussing the stupid claim system, player base, the February update and a few other things is some threads. Time to kick it into gear.

2 week break? everything should be gone by now. time to start over on a freeport

Funny fact: People here in ATLAS forum are crying that this game was planned as an ARK dlc. People in ARK forum are crying about the same thing, because Pirat DLC for Dinosaur Survival?!

It was the right decision to release ATLAS EA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mephos said:

2 week break? everything should be gone by now. time to start over on a freeport

See my previous post regarding Realist’s ownership of the game.

14 hours ago, Snarfy Jones said:

Yes, this game is heavily based off on Ark and if i remember correctly it was also originally meant as a big DLC. But it is not ark it is atlas 😛 and i think most of us started playing cause we love pirates, not animals\tames, but ofc taming has always been popular in games, and it doesn't help when they end up being a necessity instead of some extra fun.

Atlas was never in any way announced or implied as an Ark DLC by anyone connected to the game’s development. The notion that it is or was intended to be is 100% outsider speculation. It’s not a theory that I personally subscribe to, but there is not strong evidence one way or the other. Just clarifying that if you are remembering it ever having been announced as such, then unfortunately your memory is in error.

18 hours ago, Realist said:

As far as I can tell, you're the only one fanning flames without reason.  Then again, some people just want to watch the world burn.

8 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

As far as I can tell, you're the only one fanning flames without reason.  Then again, some people just want to watch the world burn.

I think Realist’s return is cause for celebration. I feel a song coming on.

Wait, some dude who doesnt even play the game, let alone own the game? Comes up in here to start threads about his opinions on said game.

Then proceeds to call the game "Ark", when in fact everyone who purchased it is aware it is titled "Atlas". 

First off, tames are lame, but thats like, my opinion man. I wont pretend to know what GS will ultimatly do with them.

I will for fact say this is not Ark. It is similar to Ark in many ways, but is different in many ways as well.

Do you see any dinosaurs walking around?

Are you trapped on 1 grid with a capped amount of people?

Do you see metal walls anywhere?

Look Ark was a shitty concept done just good enough to last a few years.

Atlas is a great concept, with the jury out.

19 hours ago, Realist said:

HEAR YE HEAR YE.  THE GREAT AND NOBLE REALIST HAS RETURNED TO TELL US ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED. HIS INFINITE WISDOM SUPERCEEDS ALL OTHER PREVIOUS THREADS OF THE SAME DISCUSSION AND ONLY HIS THREADS WILL MAKE THE DEVS LISTEN. LET HIS ROYAL DECREE BE HERD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

HEAR YE HEAR YE.  THE GREAT AND NOBLE REALIST HAS RETURNED TO TELL US ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED. HIS INFINITE WISDOM SUPERCEEDS ALL OTHER PREVIOUS THREADS OF THE SAME DISCUSSION AND ONLY HIS THREADS WILL MAKE THE DEVS LISTEN. LET HIS ROYAL DECREE BE HERD.

Realist isn’t a king. He’s a knight. A knight with an impossible dream.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

Realist isn’t a king. He’s a knight. A knight with an impossible dream.

A very lost knight then

45 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Wait, some dude who doesnt even play the game, let alone own the game? Comes up in here to start threads about his opinions on said game.

You obviously don't understand him.  He is Don Quixote. He does not see this game for what it is and refuses to do so.  Instead, he imagines himself as some knight in shining armor chasing dragons, which are nothing more than windmills.  Whether he's trying to extract vengeance for something Wildcard did to him personally or whether he, like the Man of La Mancha has simply lost his sanity is irrelevant.  Because, unlike the heroic hidalgo, this knight errant has his mind set on destruction rather than salvation. 

Anyone who makes a positive post, he will blindly ignore because it doesn't further his goals. He has no desire to improve this game or help it succeed.  He's hoping it burns to the ground. He will attempt to mask this burning hatred by quoting irrelevant stats. He will regurgitate opinions of of others without forming his own.  He will make comparisons to Ark as if we didn't know those comparisons exist and then claim Atlas is a failure because of it.

He is on a crusade where logic is irrelevant and only his hatred matters. His target is Grapeshot and he's using your opinion as his weapon. Until you hate Grapeshot as much as he does and quit the game, he won't stop and he doesn't give a damn about collateral damage.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

51 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Then proceeds to call the game "Ark", when in fact everyone who purchased it is aware it is titled "Atlas". 

First off, tames are lame, but thats like, my opinion man. I wont pretend to know what GS will ultimatly do with them.

I will for fact say this is not Ark. It is similar to Ark in many ways, but is different in many ways as well.

Do you see any dinosaurs walking around?

Are you trapped on 1 grid with a capped amount of people?

Do you see metal walls anywhere?

Look Ark was a shitty concept done just good enough to last a few years.

Atlas is a great concept, with the jury out.

Ah but atlas isn’t a great concept. We can already see the downfall. Ark was an awesome concept and was a complete success. 

Yeah they haven’t introduced metal yet. The emphasis on tames is already here and it will be emphasized even more so soon

Aha.

Left the game for 2 weeks. Company members left as well. 

Now he comes back and something is broken and now whine whine.....

ZzZzZz

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Puppies4ever said:

Aha.

Left the game for 2 weeks. Company members left as well. 

Now he comes back and something is broken and now whine whine.....

ZzZzZz

Kind of funny how you thought I was whining because of memebers leaving lol.

using the word whine or cry is a very typical response here on the forums though 😂