Sign in to follow this  
xenobiaa

Thick stone wall idea -Suggestion-

Ok so my company and i are building a massive harbor wall to defend our ships,and i mean massive, its going around our entire natural harbor and its 3-4 foundations thick (playing on pvp) it goes without saying that the lag is real and probably going to be worse with the amount of ships that will be in there and when the wall itself it actually done. so my idea to reduce the lag is to have thicker and larger wall parts available to build, so maybe 100 stone walls will create a large thick stone wall you can place down thats just one model instead of having to place 8000000 individual stone walls that all render in when you get close causing your computer to instantly catch fire, or maybe you can build the wall like a ship frame and just add the parts to it you need to complete it. I dont know, there needs to be something new with the building system to reduce lag and making it less intense to build large defenses.

Edited by xenobiaa

The part of having large walls sections that you can add parts to like the ships is actually a really interresting idea!

• Like 1

The game engine needs to take simple shapes made of 10's or of hundreds of structures and covert them into single entities with snap points the same as the multiple entities. 

What they really need to do is accept engine limitations and put in harsher structure limits.

If 100 walls turning into a single entity, it needs to count as 100 walls.

Behemoth gates should likewise count as multiple structures in terms of structure count.

Enough with this endless layering of large bases. I want an optimized game with restrictions that doesn't test players patience.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Pallist said:

The game engine needs to take simple shapes made of 10's or of hundreds of structures and covert them into single entities with snap points the same as the multiple entities. 

What they really need to do is accept engine limitations and put in harsher structure limits.

If 100 walls turning into a single entity, it needs to count as 100 walls.

Behemoth gates should likewise count as multiple structures in terms of structure count.

Enough with this endless layering of large bases. I want an optimized game with restrictions that doesn't test players patience.

layering large bases are a staple of all pvp survival game 

People can breach your base by breaking a 1x1 wall. If they made a wall that was 2x1, 2x2 or anything up to 4x4, it wouldn't affect gameplay as much, but would make life a bunch easier on the server. Anything more than that would either A: have to have so many HP that it was effectively unbreachable, or B: Have so little HP as to not be worth it to use, because it would leave an entire side wide open.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xenobiaa said:

layering large bases are a staple of all pvp survival game 

Wut?

It only exists because of design and balance flaws. It isn't a staple...

I'd much rather see walls that are upgradable.

But if I'm the minority on thinking layering is a great feature, i guess I'll just continue to watch ships crash into structures that take 2 minutes to render in around medium size company bases.

Let alone the render time around large companies....