DaCr33d

Atlas Trade Helper System

I have created a small web application to assist traders in finding other traders.

You create your buy/sell orders and it gets listed between all other available trades. A prospecting buyer/seller can go through the list of available trades on their server, and contact the buyer/seller directly.

Discord Webhooks can be added to link to a Text Channel on your own Discord that will receive live broadcasts of every order as they are placed.

This is my first publicly available web application. I hope this will become a successful tool for traders like myself. Feedback is always welcome, and I will try to implement requested features in my spare time.

This is the link to the web application:

https://www.atlastrader.trade

V2.0 (Current Version) Update Notes (2019-06-28)

• Did a complete rebuild of the application. Taking into account comments and observed behavior on the application.
  • Removed the Tender system - People did not understand it, and they felt it made the process complicated.
  • Added a messaging system to the Order directly.
  • Added Companies - Create a company, join a company. Add your Discord Channel.
  • Added Webhooks for Discord - The most important feature for this new version release. This links directly to a text channel on your own Discord Channel. Every order that is made is broadcast to this channel where you, and all your discord members can see what orders are happening where.

V1.1 Update Notes (2019-02-23)

• Added to resource list: Blueprints, Animals, Weapons, Ammo.
  • Added extra Info column to Order List.
  • Added links to User Profiles in: Order List, My Order Tenders List
  • Added GPS Long/Lat in User Profile (Use this where your base location is)
  • Added "Times I Play" to User Profile (Ex. I play mostly on Sunday. Week days sometimes from 7pm to 9pm)
  • Added a Time Zone selection to User Profile.
  • Added menu Icons and removed menu items users do not have access to.
  • Added a Help Menu with an F.A.Q section.
Edited by DaCr33d
Patch Note Update v2.0
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t looked at it yet, but it sounds fantastic! I’ll be sure to check it out tonight.

Thank you so much for creating this.

Thanks for creating this.  I am already placing buy orders. Will also be putting up sell and trade offers. A quick suggestion: if possible you might want to put a way for someone placing an order to indicate they are in the market for any amount of the thing they are looking to buy or trade. I don't have a finite need for a number of things. At present it can be noted in additional info, but just a thought because Extra Info does not seem to appear at a glance when viewing listings. Also on trades you may want to look at making it so people can indicate multiple things they'd be willing to trade for example: I'm willing to trade ironwood for several other types of wood.

Edited by boomervoncannon

i will be taking  a look at this later when i get home from work , sounds interesting 

I will be adding animals, armor and weapons shortly to the items available for trade. Some of the other suggestions are quite good and I will be looking into how to implement them. I especially like the idea of being able to trade for multiple items and even for unspecified amounts. The challenge I have with this is the fact that the system has market values for items. It records how many items are sold and for what price, to calculate an average price for the items. I added this because if the app gets popular, supply and demand will start to influence market prices. This could be used to create trade routes and even to control certain market items. Players could in fact "play" the markets for profit. But if users are not interested in the value of items, getting rid of such a feature might also be an option, but for now I would like to see how that goes.

5 hours ago, DaCr33d said:

I have created a small web application to assist traders in finding other traders.

You create your buy/sell/trade order and it gets listed between all other available trades. A prospecting buyer/seller can go through the list of available trades on their server, and place tenders for the orders he/she is able to do. The owner of the order can then communicate with all the tenders and then decide who they want to trade with.

This is my first publicly available web application. I hope this will become a successful tool for traders like myself. Feedback is always welcome, and I will try to implement requested features in my spare time.

https://software.rjbsoft.co.za/atlastrader

Trade companies and systems will be gone after the player shops get here. 

There wont really be a place for that anymore 

54 minutes ago, Realist said:

Trade companies and systems will be gone after the player shops get here. 

There wont really be a place for that anymore 

Maybe, I think this is a better idea then shops, with this you can go from point A to Point B with relative certainty of a transaction. With shops you go and hope they have what you want at any particular shop and in the quantity that you need. I say Devs get with this individual and get this idea in game

If the market allows purchase orders that can be partially fulfilled we should be good.  I'd love an Eve like market in this game.  Its like real life.  Sure you need 100,000 wood, but the market only has 50,000 to offer.  The system allows them to sell you that 50k and now your order is only requesting another 50k.  The market has what it has at any particular price point.  Now if we have to travel to the market NPC to get a status on these orders that would suck. 

56 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

If the market allows purchase orders that can be partially fulfilled we should be good.  I'd love an Eve like market in this game.  Its like real life.  Sure you need 100,000 wood, but the market only has 50,000 to offer.  The system allows them to sell you that 50k and now your order is only requesting another 50k.  The market has what it has at any particular price point.  Now if we have to travel to the market NPC to get a status on these orders that would suck. 

I hope to see something like that as well

7 hours ago, DaCr33d said:

You create your buy/sell/trade order and it gets listed between all other available trades. A prospecting buyer/seller can go through the list of available trades on their server, and place tenders for the orders he/she is able to do. The owner of the order can then communicate with all the tenders and then decide who they want to trade with.

https://software.rjbsoft.co.za/atlastrader

i click the link for new user get get a flash of wrong user then sent to page telling me to check my mail.

I was thinking up something like this, PM me maybe we can collaborate. or just help

As far as I can see, this is not functional. I tried placing an order, thats fine and dandy. But the order list is not working. I cannot see any other order made by other people. Even though there should be some. I noticed my order ID was 17, so somebody else definetly bothered trying this out.

This could be a good project but it needs work.

- It has to actually work( I can't see any orders from other players.)

- Tried cancelling an order I made. It gives me a pop-up message that says its been cancelled but in fact, its not.

- I would like to trade a lot more things, like for example Crafts, blueprints, etc. I would to see this go a bit further and be able to upload a .png format of a blueprint that is for sale or to be traded. Something simple, people can snippet it and make it work quick, or figure out something that is more efficient.

Its a great ideea. I don't know what Grapeshot is doing with their market, but I have to say I feel like trading in a game like this should be absolutely vital. Currently it is not. And we are missing out on content. Like pirating, like crafting, like trading/trade routes, a lot more.

I know the shops are coming, and I do not think this app would suffer because of it. The shops is a good start, and I am glad the devs are adding it. I only have one problem with shops in general in most games. It's a mess. In ATLAS there are several free ports, and by the sounds, the shops will be in free ports. Free ports currently are too laggy, and I avoid them like the plague, imagine what 150+ player shops will do to those region performances. But let's give the devs the upper hand here, lets say they fix the lag and things just work. You still need to travel to one of several trading hubs, with no idea if what you want is there. Even if you put up shop, it might be weeks before anything is sold, simply because your shop gets lost in the clutter.

I have played many MMO's in my life, the best markets to sell stuff is WoW and Eve style global markets, anything else is a mess and quite inefficient. I truly hope our devs will add a global marketplace. Until then, this app is as close as we can get, and I suspect players who enjoy a global market will support it.

5 minutes ago, ponzischeme said:

As far as I can see, this is not functional. I tried placing an order, thats fine and dandy. But the order list is not working. I cannot see any other order made by other people. Even though there should be some. I noticed my order ID was 17, so somebody else definetly bothered trying this out.

This could be a good project but it needs work.

- It has to actually work( I can't see any orders from other players.)

- Tried cancelling an order I made. It gives me a pop-up message that says its been cancelled but in fact, its not.

- I would like to trade a lot more things, like for example Crafts, blueprints, etc. I would to see this go a bit further and be able to upload a .png format of a blueprint that is for sale or to be traded. Something simple, people can snippet it and make it work quick, or figure out something that is more efficient.

Its a great ideea. I don't know what Grapeshot is doing with their market, but I have to say I feel like trading in a game like this should be absolutely vital. Currently it is not. And we are missing out on content. Like pirating, like crafting, like trading/trade routes, a lot more.

@PONZISCHEME Thanks for your feedback. I have just taken a look. You are currently the only person registered to the PVP EU server, most orders are currently in PVE NA. We also only have 14 people registered yet. The order ID's are global, across all servers, that is why you get order 17, the other 16 were placed across the other 3 servers, some of them could even be cancelled.

Your order is cancelled, I switched servers and your order 17 is not on the list. In our own order list, the orders will still show, I do not allow users to delete records from the database, for security reasons. What I maybe could do is to not show cancelled orders on your personal order list. This would maybe feel more like a cancel to users?

I will be adding other items to the resource lists over the weekend, it's just a lot of copy and paste from the wiki 😉 . I do have your blueprint png/jpg idea in mind, and I am going to implement it soon.

This is a big work in progress project. The more feedback I get, the better we can all make it.

Love the look of this ^.^

There's a few things i have in mind;
The amount of information on the order list, can actually be reduced, simplifying the overall look and feel of the app:

• "Order ID" and "Server" are fields we as buyer / seller dun really need on the list, as we know where we are. (Selected server, can be listed elsewhere on the page, and possibly be selectable ? )
  • Player online times, could be added as a sellers note, to make for easier planning of a trip ?  This is handy, given that there is no way to contact a seller / buyer in the app.
  • What the effing binkie is a "tender" ? o.O (I sincerely have no idea lol 🙂 )
  • Clicking the green plus sign under "Tender" gives me an error message:
    "
    Error
    Error while accessing the database
    Field 'rating' doesn't have a default value
    "

The avg price you speak of.... will that be based per server , or globally across all servers ?
DEFFO a tool i will be using in the future, especially as it gets populated with people from the EU PVE server, where i live 🙂

34 minutes ago, Rita Longlegs said:

Love the look of this ^.^

There's a few things i have in mind;
The amount of information on the order list, can actually be reduced, simplifying the overall look and feel of the app:

• "Order ID" and "Server" are fields we as buyer / seller dun really need on the list, as we know where we are. (Selected server, can be listed elsewhere on the page, and possibly be selectable ? )
  • Player online times, could be added as a sellers note, to make for easier planning of a trip ?  This is handy, given that there is no way to contact a seller / buyer in the app.
  • What the effing binkie is a "tender" ? o.O (I sincerely have no idea lol 🙂 )
  • Clicking the green plus sign under "Tender" gives me an error message:
    "
    Error
    Error while accessing the database
    Field 'rating' doesn't have a default value
    "

The avg price you speak of.... will that be based per server , or globally across all servers ?
DEFFO a tool i will be using in the future, especially as it gets populated with people from the EU PVE server, where i live 🙂

• I apologize for the "Field 'rating' doesn't have a default value" error. It has been fixed. It was a minor database error from the importing process between the development environment and the live version, I thought I got them all.
  • Order ID is quite important, when someone communicates with you about a specific order, you need to be able to find it, if you have a big list of orders. Server could be omitted and simply displayed on the title or something. I don't know if people do server hopping, where they have profiles on several servers, this is why I kept the server, so people would know on what server they are currently on, on my system. Also the server is selectable in your own profile.
  • I could add an option to specify when you normally play, and your time zone. Getting online status from the game, is not possible, i think. Unless they make an API 3rd party developers can interface with.
  • Communication with each other is only possible on tenders.
  • A tender is when you see an order, and you are interested in doing the order. So when you see an order you can do, you tender for it. The order owner and you as a tender can then communicate directly on the tender. I did this because maybe there are 4 guys that want to deliver your wood to you, and now suddenly all 4 of them rock up at your shore, wanting payment. So on my system, the order owner and all the tenders can talk, then the order owner chooses the tender they want to trade with. The other tenders gets closed and the order goes into "waiting for delivery" status.
  • At the moment the avr price is across all servers. But the more I think of this, the more I am thinking of having it on a per server basis.

As a side note, under Help->about I have written a small explanation of how the system works. If I need to add more content to the help section, please let me know.

5 hours ago, DaCr33d said:

@PONZISCHEME Thanks for your feedback. I have just taken a look. You are currently the only person registered to the PVP EU server, most orders are currently in PVE NA. We also only have 14 people registered yet. The order ID's are global, across all servers, that is why you get order 17, the other 16 were placed across the other 3 servers, some of them could even be cancelled.

Your order is cancelled, I switched servers and your order 17 is not on the list. In our own order list, the orders will still show, I do not allow users to delete records from the database, for security reasons. What I maybe could do is to not show cancelled orders on your personal order list. This would maybe feel more like a cancel to users?

I will be adding other items to the resource lists over the weekend, it's just a lot of copy and paste from the wiki 😉 . I do have your blueprint png/jpg idea in mind, and I am going to implement it soon.

This is a big work in progress project. The more feedback I get, the better we can all make it.

Sorry I was too tired to look to the right yesterday when checking it out.

Please have a look at poe.trade which is the market standard for Path of Exiles, and we are talking hundreds of thousands of items. I think something similar should work well.

The JPG/PNG format is a good ideea, but i think it would be easier be able to select and item > add stats.

Like for example

Sell order > Cloth > Shirt > Select Secondary Stat 1, 2, 3, 4, be able to specify armor, durability etc. But again check poe.trade

- Here is another idea that I've had. Maybe you can do an advanced search where I am only interested in searching 2 grids distance all around my grid.

Also, I see that you have a recommended price for an item, is that a test or something, what formula are you using the predict an items price?

Also may I recommend you change the domain name as currently its difficult to remember and you have to bookmark it. If it has a much shorter name like the trade domain, atlas.trade ( its already taken ) it would be so much more user friendly and you could get much more feedback.

Edited by ponzischeme

Looks a good but need to add ability to trade:

animals

treasure maps

BPs

2 hours ago, ponzischeme said:

Sorry I was too tired to look to the right yesterday when checking it out.

Please have a look at poe.trade which is the market standard for Path of Exiles, and we are talking hundreds of thousands of items. I think something similar should work well.

The JPG/PNG format is a good ideea, but i think it would be easier be able to select and item > add stats.

Like for example

Sell order > Cloth > Shirt > Select Secondary Stat 1, 2, 3, 4, be able to specify armor, durability etc. But again check poe.trade

- Here is another idea that I've had. Maybe you can do an advanced search where I am only interested in searching 2 grids distance all around my grid.

Also, I see that you have a recommended price for an item, is that a test or something, what formula are you using the predict an items price?

Also may I recommend you change the domain name as currently its difficult to remember and you have to bookmark it. If it has a much shorter name like the trade domain, atlas.trade ( its already taken ) it would be so much more user friendly and you could get much more feedback.

I will take a look at that trading site, maybe they have some ideas that could work here also.

The advanced search was an idea I had, in fact what I was thinking was to display the whole 15x15 map and show how many orders are in each grid. Or something like that, I am still thinking about it.

The recommended price, at the moment is calculated in this way:

When an order is completed, and both parties confirmed it, the system lets the order owner rate the tender on his performance. When that is processed, the system looks at the order, what item was traded, what quantity was traded, and the gold amount stated. This then gets added to the specific resource and an average price per item is calculated. When I populated the database, I inserted a dummy amount of 1 gold for each 1000 items.

This will hopefully change and evolve as people start using the system. Soon more valuable items will have more expensive prices, according to the community supply and demand. This is however only a statistic, and people can ask whatever price they want.

Edited by DaCr33d
Spelling mistakes corrected

16 minutes ago, Stch said:

Looks a good but need to add ability to trade:

animals

treasure maps

BPs

Tames would be really nice 🙂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Also, can you add a delivery option?

Like delivery, or no delivery / how much are you willing to pay with delivery / meet halfway.

Also I put up a sale for an intelligence build, and i stated the stats they give in the extra info tab. but there is no way for people to see the extra notes on the order list?

Edited by ponzischeme

11 hours ago, DaCr33d said:

I know the shops are coming, and I do not think this app would suffer because of it. The shops is a good start, and I am glad the devs are adding it. I only have one problem with shops in general in most games. It's a mess. In ATLAS there are several free ports, and by the sounds, the shops will be in free ports. Free ports currently are too laggy, and I avoid them like the plague, imagine what 150+ player shops will do to those region performances. But let's give the devs the upper hand here, lets say they fix the lag and things just work. You still need to travel to one of several trading hubs, with no idea if what you want is there. Even if you put up shop, it might be weeks before anything is sold, simply because your shop gets lost in the clutter.

I have played many MMO's in my life, the best markets to sell stuff is WoW and Eve style global markets, anything else is a mess and quite inefficient. I truly hope our devs will add a global marketplace. Until then, this app is as close as we can get, and I suspect players who enjoy a global market will support it.

I think the devs are missing a grand opportunity. The NPC shops shouldn't be in freeports but in player towns. This would give people a reason to not only build but visit other players ports/towns. Also it might give rise to players that want to be transport captains. You might have a global list of what is for sale and where/who has it then you buy it and go to that port to pick it up. Maybe even set a quest for another player to transport it to you. Also you could go to the port yourself and buy it directly. In my view that is what this game needs.

Edited by Falcatta