Sign in to follow this  
Crete21

"Too high above ground" Building over ocean

I ran into this, it seems that the ocean floor actually counts as where the ground starts. So, even if you would like to build a base out on the ocean, it is impossible.

It says "Too high above ground, cannot place" when trying to place a ceiling or stair above water in deep ocean

Is there any way around this? I find it hard to believe that sea claims can only be built on underwater..... if so, then what are they even for?

1 minute ago, Crete21 said:

I ran into this, it seems that the ocean floor actually counts as where the ground starts. So, even if you would like to build a base out on the ocean, it is impossible.

It says "Too high above ground, cannot place" when trying to place a ceiling or stair above water in deep ocean

Is there any way around this? I find it hard to believe that sea claims can only be built on underwater..... if so, then what are they even for?

Well the new content update has a submarine, a giant crab and an underwater biome, so obviously they are moving towards expanding into underwater content. That would seem to suggest why sea claims. Seems likely eventually underwater building will be a thing. It was in Ark. I’m guessing in Atlas magic will be the new tek tier.

But I agree that at present with what we have it makes little sense.

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Well the new content update has a submarine, a giant crab and an underwater biome, so obviously they are moving towards expanding into underwater content. That would seem to suggest why sea claims. Seems likely eventually underwater building will be a thing. It was in Ark. I’m guessing in Atlas magic will be the new tek tier.

But I agree that at present with what we have it makes little sense.

God I hope they dont go the way of tek tier in this game, was horrible in ARK!

13 minutes ago, Zlax said:

God I hope they dont go the way of tek tier in this game, was horrible in ARK!

I would be surprised if magic isn’t eventually used in Atlas to accomplish at least some of the same things functionally as tek did in Ark, like underwater building.

I would be okay with some, steampunky, things, but have magical shields or power armor would be way over the top.

this better not end up like that , basic mechanical things yes but magic  powered sheilds , weapons etc no thanks, it was the powered stuff that put me off ark  

6 hours ago, Crete21 said:

if so, then what are they even for?

They almost removed water claims entirely under the logic "We don't see a use for them right now" that was changed to "fixed some bugs" soooo yea.

2 hours ago, UDO said:

this better not end up like that , basic mechanical things yes but magic  powered sheilds , weapons etc no thanks, it was the powered stuff that put me off ark  

I have feeling Tarot is really gonna turn you off then.

I think they'll do Tarot without ruining the "Pirate" theme. The submarines are obvious steampunk, but Tarot will prolly be more witchcraft than actual magic