Sign in to follow this  
Tenebrion

How do you cool down an overheating baby?

Lost a couple babies to overheating (non-heatwave). Does anyone have any suggestions for how to cool down a baby?

Cooling down a baby is kinda impossible at this point. You can try to build something at sea, but never really worked for me. 
The best option is to breed in a colder region. Where it doesn't get too hot or too cold. The cold can be counter with fireplace or torches.
Trying to breed in a warmer region is nearly impossible at this stage

55 minutes ago, Tenebrion said:

Lost a couple babies to overheating (non-heatwave). Does anyone have any suggestions for how to cool down a baby?

How about they redesign the code and get rid of that ARK relic.  There it made sense I guess, since you had AC units.  Really, it made more sense because the idea was more that babies needed to be kept warm, which you did, but you might overdo it with too many fires, so the egg would say it's too hot, in which case you turned off some of the fires.

To me, it seem, this is just a way to get people to want to build a base in cold zones, like Tundra.  At least there, you won't have overheating problems, I would guess.