Sign in to follow this  
Abysian

New update pushed back

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yeah, no gold sinks at all, except maybe the commodity Npc’s at Freeport’s where you can spend gold to exchange mats. That’s pretty much it. I mean I guess except for the cost of upgrades to gear also. That one can actually be a pretty decent gold sink when you start upgrading higher end gear to bump its stats. But except for those two you’re right nothing. Unless you want to count the ongoing cost of NPC’s, which depending upon how many you have can easily get pretty massive and is ongoing unless you completely give them up. Unlike other sinks you just keep paying it and paying it in a never ending sink.

So really, apart from the roads, the currency, the aqueduct and a well run government, WHAT have the romans ever given us? That’s what the Judean People’s Front wants to know.

Sorry the People’s Front of Judea.

I get the sarcasm but to be honest its not much of a gold sink is it? Need more NPC at freeport and the player market up and running.

Doing treasure maps on a weekend can get me at least 50k i have no trouble paying NPC. Although i did have trouble when i first started out.

There is just not enough in the game right now for the gold you get. If they get the markets up however that will change.

7 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

I get the sarcasm but to be honest its not much of a gold sink is it? Need more NPC at freeport and the player market up and running.

Doing treasure maps on a weekend can get me at least 50k i have no trouble paying NPC. Although i did have trouble when i first started out.

There is just not enough in the game right now for the gold you get. If they get the markets up however that will change.

It depends on what you define as a "much of a gold sink". I've personally so far not seen the need for 50k gold so instead of getting that much from maps I've spent my 2x weekends acquiring resources I did need. I would agree that present gold sinks aren't going to sink 50k very fast, but you can always use extra gold to buy things you want from others. That's not a sink but if your complaint is that sinks are insufficient then the correct barometer isn't your personal experience but whether inflation is an issue ingame over time, and that is just something Atlas hasn't had enough of yet to really gauge.

One thing I would agree on as likely is given that pvp players seem less likely to invest in upgrading gear, since they typically expect to lose it anyway, the devs should maybe be prepared to expect that sink not to do much for pvp servers. By the same token if pvpers are doing less crafting of higher end bp's, probably just the ship ones at most, they also may be less inclined to use the commodity traders, since there need for a variety of mats within type may be less. It's hard to say for sure, but I could see different dynamics causing the existing sinks to  vary in their effectiveness between the two game modes.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gadefence said:

Are you honestly telling me you haven't just tamed cows and put all your BPs on them? Do that for light but spacious stuff like BPs, bolas and waterskins.

I did at first, but was a weird sight having a cow next to my smithy.

At least they are trying to tackle offline raiding. If you get destroyed over and over again and never actually get a fight or a chance to actively defend then this is costing players.
We have been razed to the ground in the night 5 times in the last 2 weeks, allways rebuild but lost players along the way.
I have played quite a few full loot games so far and the offline raiding issue has allways been the biggest problem for the games and needed to be adressed at some point. Dunno why they started without measures against it.

Edited by aladinf

I was really looking forward to the content update hoping it would suck me back in a bit. I am still playing but kind of in stasis atm maintaining stuff and playing a little bit here and there. If they are seriously going to address some of these big issues and make some sweeping changes I can wait for the content, although it would be nice if they trickle out some of what they have done alongside balance adjustments. They are also going to be bringing up additional test servers to have people test out stuff before they implement it live to try and find issues which will hopefully help stop the post bug fixing pattern and help things be fixed before they go live. 

On 2/21/2019 at 12:53 AM, Pizik said:

It is unfortunate but it is an indication that the patch is not ready to be deployed. It is the lesser evil to delay the patch than to roll it out with problems and then feel the wrath of the community screaming and shouting about incompetent Devs. 

The amount of complaints from the launch only 2 months ago should be firmly in people's minds; I am sure it is in the minds of the Devs.

Anyway, they have been working on other things and rolling out balance changes during the period we have been waiting and I expect that will continue. This also shows that they have been diverting resources away from the big update over to small patches that make the game stable, more balanced and generally more playable.

Still, sad to see the delays.

It’s always still broke anyways so they might as well roll it out lol

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:18 AM, Mephos said:

In PvE you never lose ships or anything, nothing attacks your base so you never need to build defenses etc

You obviously have better luck than I do. I play on PvE and lose ships all the time to either SoD ships ,  my lack of parking skills, sand bars etc. I actually had a cluster of 7 SoD ships swarm me and then knock me in the water where I was able to have  a better view of them my sinking Schooner full of gold 😞 

<iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-5F22G6" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden" title="Google Tag Manager">Google Tag Manager</iframe>