Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Knivet

Taming isnt broken!

Recommended Posts

Just seen more people complain about the taming, and to say it right away, theres nothing wrong with the taming, just because you have to work a little dosnt mean its broken?

Finaly some work compared to ark...

 

1. You will get the "feed" icon if the animals head is poking outside the wall, but you cant feed it that way, you must stand on the foundation the main body is to feed it, if you dont get the icon there, its because you bolaed the animal at the wrong position, do it again! (Release the animal so you dont get the negative feeding)

2. Stand on the side the leggs are(bellow the animals) go as close to the belly as possible, and slightly press "W" to you get the icon. Dont go straigt towards the head and cry about it giving you a love tap on youre face, then you do it wrong.

3. Only animal that is hard to tame atm is the giraffe, but hey, its a long neck with a large swing..

4. stop crying, the taming is perfectly fine..

 

Hope this will help you understand more of the taming process.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, can't make it any easier or tames would be no work at all, especially with a 2x weekend event every weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Player are building pens too small I have large one that allows me to Be in with to access the area behind their front legs  never had had any real issues taming 

Wear plate armour as u will occasionally take a hit 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always wear armour when taming, people underestimate it but it actually help a huge deal.

I used to do it with no clothes, yes it works if done right but armour can save you against any hits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

TAMING IS NOT BROKEN!!!! 

This man is right!

 

Wrong.  First, it looks more like animal abuse than taming.  Having to get them bloody before they will eat?  Yeah, that's sure to win the loyalty of an animal.  It's beyond absurd.  ARK's taming was a bit silly, but not as absurd as this.

Second, when the message lights up to feed, and it won't eat...that's broken, and this WILL frustrate new players, who will then, like so many before, demand a refund.  Being able to show video that the animal is supposed to eat, but does not, will be the proof they need that the game is not working.  You fanboys don't seem to understand that.

It's a ridiculous system, and hopefully just a place holder until they can make something better.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So people will leave a pirate game because they cant understand how taming an animal works? 

If they dont take the time to understand the game, then i guess new games aint ment for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Wrong.  First, it looks more like animal abuse than taming.  Having to get them bloody before they will eat?  Yeah, that's sure to win the loyalty of an animal.  It's beyond absurd.  ARK's taming was a bit silly, but not as absurd as this.

Second, when the message lights up to feed, and it won't eat...that's broken, and this WILL frustrate new players, who will then, like so many before, demand a refund.  Being able to show video that the animal is supposed to eat, but does not, will be the proof they need that the game is not working.  You fanboys don't seem to understand that.

It's a ridiculous system, and hopefully just a place holder until they can make something better.

i was hoping for this to be in this game, i was also hoping for it to go into the base ark, because it can betuned to be FAR FAR FAR better.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1251632107

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Wrong.  First, it looks more like animal abuse than taming.  Having to get them bloody before they will eat?  Yeah, that's sure to win the loyalty of an animal.  It's beyond absurd.  ARK's taming was a bit silly, but not as absurd as this.

Second, when the message lights up to feed, and it won't eat...that's broken, and this WILL frustrate new players, who will then, like so many before, demand a refund.  Being able to show video that the animal is supposed to eat, but does not, will be the proof they need that the game is not working.  You fanboys don't seem to understand that.

It's a ridiculous system, and hopefully just a place holder until they can make something better.

You are just frustrated.

Animal shows up the feed message but you cant feed? -> Exploit protection.

This taming system is not new. Just a little adjustments and improvents.

But it works. I sold a lot of tames and 90% are tamed by myself. Actually over 70 tames on stock. 

You say taming is broken and 10 people tell you that you are wrong. 

I say it again: PRACTICE! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Knivet said:

So people will leave a pirate game because they cant understand how taming an animal works? 

If they dont take the time to understand the game, then i guess new games aint ment for them

Seriously?   How the heck is a new player supposed to figure out that the text lighting up saying to feed, meaning you can can feed, doesn't actually mean you can feed.  That IS broken, and that IS NOT debatable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

You are just frustrated.

Animal shows up the feed message but you cant feed? -> Exploit protection.

This taming system is not new. Just a little adjustments and improvents.

But it works. I sold a lot of tames and 90% are tamed by myself. Actually over 70 tames on stock. 

You say taming is broken and 10 people tell you that you are wrong. 

I say it again: PRACTICE! 

  Exploit protection?  No.  How about fix the code so animals don't fall halfway through structures.  This isn't 1999.  It's a broken system.  If the game is telling you that you can feed, but you cannot, that's broken.  End of story.

Improvement?  if that's true, the original was the worst game mechanic ever.

 

Just because some people can do it, does not mean the game is not broken.  This system is beyond absurd.  Most people do not like it.  You fanboys are the exception.  You've sold a lot of tames as a result.  That immersive taming system would be a drastic improvement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, I should note that I have tamed creatures.  5 bears in the space of a couple hours just a couple of nights ago.  But it was not an enjoyable time, and if I didn't need the bears, I would not have done it.  Not immersive, not fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

  Exploit protection?  No.  How about fix the code so animals don't fall halfway through structures.  This isn't 1999.  It's a broken system.  If the game is telling you that you can feed, but you cannot, that's broken.  End of story.

Improvement?  if that's true, the original was the worst game mechanic ever.

 

Just because some people can do it, does not mean the game is not broken.  This system is beyond absurd.  Most people do not like it.  You fanboys are the exception.  You've sold a lot of tames as a result.  That immersive taming system would be a drastic improvement.

Nope. Its fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it's really not.  It's laughably stupid on it's face, but once again, when a game gives the player incorrect feedback, it's broken.  Imagine playing a first person shooter, and the gun sometimes shoots backwards...oh wait...you didn't know that sometimes you have to hold the gun backwards?  That's how stupid, and broke it is.  The text lights up blue when you can tame, but wait...no...you can't feed it.  And the whole idea that you have to nearly kill an animal to win it's loyalty, and it only likes to be fed from some arbitrary single location.  Dumbest game mechanic ever.  Most people do not agree with you.  Most have left the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

  Exploit protection?  No.  How about fix the code so animals don't fall halfway through structures.  This isn't 1999.  It's a broken system.  If the game is telling you that you can feed, but you cannot, that's broken.  End of story.

Improvement?  if that's true, the original was the worst game mechanic ever.

 

Just because some people can do it, does not mean the game is not broken.  This system is beyond absurd.  Most people do not like it.  You fanboys are the exception.  You've sold a lot of tames as a result.  That immersive taming system would be a drastic improvement.

How can you say its a broken system? Its not a game from 1999, thats right, but guess what, its a early access game, keep that in mind, we will keep finding exploits and faults the whole time til the game says its at 1.0. then its a full release 🙂 

 

The whole reason with putting game up in EA is to find faults that can be improved 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

No, it's really not.  It's laughably stupid on it's face, but once again, when a game gives the player incorrect feedback, it's broken.  Imagine playing a first person shooter, and the gun sometimes shoots backwards...oh wait...you didn't know that sometimes you have to hold the gun backwards?  That's how stupid, and broke it is.  The text lights up blue when you can tame, but wait...no...you can't feed it.  And the whole idea that you have to nearly kill an animal to win it's loyalty, and it only likes to be fed from some arbitrary single location.  Dumbest game mechanic ever.  Most people do not agree with you.  Most have left the game.

How does it works in the real world then? in a wolf pack, what does it take to become the alpha?

Edited by Knivet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Knivet said:

How can you say its a broken system? Its not a game from 1999, thats right, but guess what, its a early access game, keep that in mind, we will keep finding exploits and faults the whole time til the game says its at 1.0. then its a full release 🙂 

 

The whole reason with putting game up in EA is to find faults that can be improved 🙂

Oh boy...I need another facepalm picture.  EA is not an excuse for animals glitching through walls.  That isn't something that needs to be fixed through an EA process.  This is something that was always a problem in ARK, and this game is built on the ARK engine.  This is something that should have never been in ARK.  This is something that has been solved in game design, a long time ago.  For instance, in ARMA, you lay down in a building, your legs don't stick out the walls.  In earlier FPS games, they did.

1 minute ago, Knivet said:

How does it works in the real world then? in a wolf pack, what does it take to become the alpha?

You are a wolf now?  Good lord.   How an Alpha wolf earns respect and loyalty from other wolves, is not the same as how a human would earn its trust and loyalty.  Even then, an Alpha doesn't earn the loyalty of all the other wolves by nearly killing them.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Oh boy...I need another facepalm picture.  EA is not an excuse for animals glitching through walls.  That isn't something that needs to be fixed through an EA process.  This is something that was always a problem in ARK, and this game is built on the ARK engine.  This is something that should have never been in ARK.  This is something that has been solved in game design, a long time ago.  For instance, in ARMA, you lay down in a building, your legs don't stick out the walls.  In earlier FPS games, they did.

I guess this game isnt for you then 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

People left the game because of a fine taming system? 🙂

I see only one person who whines about taming.

Your noneffective shaming tactics aside, most people don't bother coming to the forums.  They see something they don't like, and the stop playing, and write bad reviews.  I play with many people who slogged through thousands of hours in ARK, and they can't stand this game.  Most have already left it.  They warn others not to buy it.  You like that this happens?  I don't.

And you are wrong.  I'm not the only one saying something.

1 minute ago, Knivet said:

I guess this game isnt for you then 🙂

Yeah, it would be just great for this game, for me to join the other 95 of the 100 in my official company, who don't play anymore...right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I had problems feeding rhino, elephant and giraffe in start but after some attempts and I learned the sweet spots for all of them.

Elephant and Rhino have sweet spot near belly.

Giraffe's sweet spot is near its back, just bola it on flat surface, and approach its neck from back side, you can feed it but it won't detect and hit you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that you have found sweet spots, does not change the fact that the system is broken when it indicates to the player that feeding is possible, when it is not.  End of debate.

Then we can talk about how absurd the system is in general, that we are supposed to believe that nearly killing an animal multiple times will win it's loyalty.  OK, whatever.  In other news, the cavemen were right.  Want to win that girl's love...hit her over the head with a club.  That will do the trick, guaranteed. 

 

They should just buy the code from that modder, and add it to ARK, and this game.  Heck, it would probably bring a lot of players back to ARK also.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TL;DR:  I like the taming, the game has bugs and mechanic issues, I love the game and look forward to what it will be at full release.

Personally, I much prefer Atlas’ taming to the taming in ARK. Knocking out a creature and loading it up with food and narcotic is too easy. This takes skill, patience, and dedication. You can’t just leave and come back periodically.

I also find it interesting when people use a binary system for determine if something is working g properly. It’s either working perfectly or not working at all. Yes, at first I found the indicator saying you could feed when you couldn’t a bit frustrating. Yes, it is something that should be addressed. No, it does not mean that the whole system is broken.

Then there are those people who say early access isn’t an excuse, it should be working properly. I find this especially curious in the current state of the gaming industry. So many games, AAA games included, come out as full games that are buggy messes. Most get fixed, some never do.

Atlas comes out as early access, saying that there will be bugs and glitches, but they expect it to be release quality in two years, and people are freaking out about bugs and game mechanics.

That is precisely what early access is for. They’re offering you the full game at a sizeable discount, you get to play it early, and you get to give your feedback to help improve the game. Yes, there are bugs. Yes, some of the core mechanics need a major overhaul. And yes, they are working on them!

Sometimes the only way to correct a bug or mechanic is the drastic rewrite of a whole section of the game. That takes time, and it takes a lot of testing before it can even be released in early access.

Let the developers know that you’re having issues with a mechanic, a glitch, or a bug. Give them as much detail about what was happening at the time so that they can identify what is causing the issue quicker. Don’t expect it to happen overnight;  it takes time to find what’s causing the issue. And changes to one system can have unexpected reaults on another.

Sorry for the bit of a rant, but I’m getting tired of all these posts saying “early access is just an excuse,” or “this mechanic doesn’t work 100% the way I want it to, it’s broken.” That’s not constructive criticism and doesn’t help anybody.

 

Edited by Salty Del
That last bit isn’t highlighted for emphasis. I cut and paste it to move it and will have to figure out how to fix it later.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×