zottel

Galleon Useless?

Yeah its an awesome ship And im sure the developers are on it to make it the pride if each Fleet again. 

i found way make brig look good with 6 large cannons on the back

20190221191501_1.jpg

and side view of the Jade Dragon

20190221191455_1.jpg

Edited by Mrbiggs
wanted add ship name

Whats the advantage from the cannons in the back? 

For me cannons in the front makes more sense, you sail to your target, shoot, maybe he will turn then and in this time you can reload and shoot again.

I saw so many boats with cannons in the back, i think i missed something ^^

• Like 1

you kite the ship and shoot them as they chase staying out of range wile they drive into it

more for pve

2 minutes ago, Mrbiggs said:

you kite the ship and shoot them as they chase staying out of range wile they drive into it

more for pve

Makes sense. Thanks for explain 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puppies4ever said:

Whats the advantage from the cannons in the back? 

For me cannons in the front makes more sense, you sail to your target, shoot, maybe he will turn then and in this time you can reload and shoot again.

I saw so many boats with cannons in the back, i think i missed something ^^

You are obviously new to the game. Basically because of the pathetically low velocity of the cannon balls it is quite hard to use front cannons while chasing a ship. If you are chasing a ship and you have front cannons and they have rear cannons unless their ship is slow and overburdened they will do a lot more damage to you then you will do them.

With ship of the damned the principle is similar. You simple kite it and get it to follow you and you rear cannon will shoot while their cannons (if they get into range) will aim where you are currently and not where you will be when the cannon balls land. If you do it correctly you could in theory take out a lvl 50+ ship of the damned using a sloop.

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

You are obviously new to the game. Basically because of the pathetically low velocity of the cannon balls it is quite hard to use front cannons while chasing a ship. If you are chasing a ship and you have front cannons and they have rear cannons unless their ship is slow and overburdened they will do a lot more damage to you then you will do them.

With ship of the damned the principle is similar. You simple kite it and get it to follow you and you rear cannon will shoot while their cannons (if they get into range) will aim where you are currently and not where you will be when the cannon balls land. If you do it correctly you could in theory take out a lvl 50+ ship of the damned using a sloop.

Nahh playing since release, but hunting sotd was not my part. Sailing around with galleon to trade with tames. Actually sotd i just ram out of my way.

• Like 1