Sign in to follow this  
Talono

300% anchored ship resistance not enough !

Dear devs,

this was a good step in the right direction, but all anchored ships are still sunk by offline raiders when we log back in the next day.

Even ramshackle sloops are sunk, the self declared server gods just shoot 3 x the broadssides from before the patch and blubbblubblub.

The stone buff was nice, but my giant stone gates around my ramshackle sloop are still taken down every day.

Please make anchor resistance 1000% instead of 300% and give stone at least another triple buff.

• Haha 1

Kind of does have a point. What’s 12 cannonballs instead of 4?  I mean I make 100 at a time anyways. 

2 hours ago, Talono said:

self declared server gods just shoot 3 x the broadssides from before the patch and blubbblubblub.

2 hours ago, Talono said:

Please make anchor resistance 1000% instead of 300% and give stone at least another triple buff. 

So it will take 9 volleys instead of 3 which no way solved offline raid issue

PS please change avatar or stop whining on forums

Indeed, i play since alpha release and would really like to board my sloop when i come from work to explore island number 2 😊

Unfortunately i contribute to my nations gross income and have only a few hours per day.

During these i can either replace my offline sunk ship or sail to explore the world.. but not both.

Edited by Talono

IMHO only the goal to make the game enjoyable for players with less online time and WITHOUT merging a large alliance is a step in the right direction. Making anchored ships stronger and buff walls like hell is the wrong solution. It will not help to make the people fight other people during their online times, it will even prevent PvP action, because smaller groups will not be able to bring the needed firepower to sink/destroy stuff, if they continue to buff.

Furthermore the ability to quickly move people from one corner of the map to the other (beds) is just favouring alliances which cover all time zones. They can quickly react to any agression and attack any target without much preparation. This is simply killing a game, where the real endgame-content is owning and fighting about land.

But it is a basic decisions for the devs, who will be their target group. Many small to medium companies fighting in many spaces about small land areas or large companies holding large portions of the map and supressing all small to medium companies. The result of the later approach will be the same big blue mega companies crap as in EvE online. You can already see it on the atlas maps.

For the long term sucess of the game, the mega companies approach will be the less attractive one. If Grapeshot plans to sell future DLCs to finance the game, only the few left over players in the mega companies will buy it. All small to medium group players will have left the game by than and not buy any dlc because they are disappointed. Same applies for any sort of monthly payment for the official servers. Only the few people left over will pay.

And steam charts and reviews might be an indicator, how well the game is doing in binding its customers.

Edit: I should have read the captains log first, Grapeshot seems to try to get smaller companies back. Wish you good luck and I hope the best.

Edited by Ban Tier

You are clearly missing the point of what this 300% bonus is meant to stop and what its not meant to stop. It is primarily designed to make it harder to sink boats by sneaking into harbors and using explosive barrels and fire gel/flame arrows. It is not designed to stop offline raiding but merely to give those who are online more time to counter ninja raiders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1