Sign in to follow this  
KevinNight

Who likes science?

I am a new player and wondering if a player wants to do a science experience to help me out and may help out new players in return.

Step 1 build a foundation and a bunch of pillars and enough ceiling to cover the max build with 1 pillar so you should have a 3 x 3 with the ceilings. Be sure they are under water in deep water where no boat can anchor.

Step 2 after structure is built you should have a foundation at the bottom of the ocean and a spire climbing to the top but only to have it under water deep enough where it is shallow buy your boat still able to deliver it. Move your ship over the newly built structure and see if you can ancher the boat on it that test one.

Test 2 see if a shipyard can be built on the newly structure.

Test 3 see in the SOD will attack if you can ancher.

If all goals are meant then you found a new way to build where no land is and this can help people trying to find a base. There are a lot of flaws with this as new players will be mostly at a disadvantage in the whole ordeal but if done then they truly fought for a home and be able to build a sea base.

If those who try it please have pics of the whole process and or a video

Ive thought about this also. A castle in the sea so to speak. Concecptually it works since you can inexplicably claim patches of sea. However, the logistical hurdle is the absolute lack of resources aside from what meger amount your ship can hold at a time.

I still think its something id like to do at some point. Your probably 100 pillars just to start, and i doubt the boat will anchor to anything but land. Personally i think your boat should be able to anchor near any shipyard.

It be fun and the resources well lol I got a plan for that as well but need to see if this project will work. And since the diving suit has been mpdded from the devs that no sea creature will attack unless It is you that attacks first the only risk is the SOD. Guess I a man with plans the biggest goal is to build a safe harbor for all and a shipyard for new players or players having a rough go at it like me. A trade port and more but bugs and the rough start I be been having it making it difficult