Sign in to follow this  
Xenosaga

How to use 1 bat file to update then start all servers?

I play on a 3x3 grid server (not mine) but hosted on a personal computer and currently the person clicks on each .bat file individually to start and update each server so 2 bat files for each server so 18 bat files in total.. and tbh not the speediest person at doing it waits for each bat to complete then starts the next.. but say if said person gets distracted takes... for ever to get all the servers updated and then started... So I am trying to get a single bat file that will call each bat file one after the other to update then start all the servers up at once.

Currently testing my on my own personal computer with a private server I set up to try and call the bat file for the steamcmd bat file to update then to exit the steam cmd and start up the server but I can't get the bat file to do anything at all right now I've tried looking up on stackoverflow and other resources and this is what i have so far. 

cd F:\AtlasServer call AtlasInstall.bat cd F:\Bat Test\ call AtlasServerStart.bat

my bat file is on my desktop so I figured I would need to first change directory to my F drive and then to the atlas server fold where my atlasinstall.bat (which is the steamcmd.exe bat file which has +exit) then to change directory to another folder and call that bat file but so far it does nothing. I can't get it to call either file idk what to do if anyone could help please... ❤️

Are you putting each of the commands above on a separate line?

You can't put more than one command (normally) on the same line.

Yes they were both on the same line, instead of using CD I just switched to calling the file directory and all, I'm not sure if there is a difference between the two methods but cd was getting me no where it now looks like this. However it doesn't wait for the first call to complete before starting the second one which means that the server is trying to start while steamcmd is updating but at least progress...

call "F:\AtlasServer\AtlasInstall.bat"
call "F:\Bat Test\AtlasServerStart.bat"

This seems to work... calling a bat file that then starts an exe doesn't work out well so I called the exe directly 

start /wait F:\AtlasServer\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir F:\AtlasServer +app_update 1006030 validate +exit

now being that its only a 1x1 server idk how i am supposed to make it start each server up 1 at a time. mmm....

Edited by Xenosaga

39 minutes ago, Xenosaga said:

Yes they were both on the same line, instead of using CD I just switched to calling the file directory and all, I'm not sure if there is a difference between the two methods but cd was getting me no where it now looks like this. However it doesn't wait for the first call to complete before starting the second one which means that the server is trying to start while steamcmd is updating but at least progress...

call "F:\AtlasServer\AtlasInstall.bat"

This seems to work... calling a bat file that then starts an exe doesn't work out well so I called the exe directly 

start /wait F:\AtlasServer\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir F:\AtlasServer +app_update 1006030 validate +exit

now being that its only a 1x1 server idk how i am supposed to make it start each server up 1 at a time. mmm....

You can use the timeout batch command to wait a certain number of seconds.

What you want here ideally is a batch file that calls other batch files to start all the servers. So if 4 servers, four lines, one for each server. Then those batch files would each have something like the above.

There are people of course that have already done this, you could just use what they have created. Saw one in these forums a few days ago. This is complicated stuff, not easily done by someone that doesn't have previous experience with batch files.

Try checking this program out: 

I use this on my 5x5 and it has been absolutely amazing, i do not have to do anything other than turn it on. The program also handles updates, etc automatically.