Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

Is intelligence worth it?

Ok. I didn't really understand this.

I got 160% of my intelligence. It said in a description: "one's capability to craft items quickly with additional stat bonuses".

I got journeyman bp of cannon. I crafted this cannon. And here what I saw. BP shows that the cannon have an addition 121,143% damage. And with my 1.5% skill bonus (why it 1.5%???) I boosted that damage to 121,217%

So far I've got huge beyond imagination additional 0,074% of damage. And thanks to my skill - gun will now do insane 1454 damage instead of poor 1453! Totally worth it right? Or not... So I'm puzzled... should I put some points there or leave it by 100%?

One member of our company has respecced heavily into int and what he says is it has very little effect on initial craft but significant effect on upgrading.

11 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Dont skill Intelligence.

Get a high crow.

In addition to this higher end gear can have significant int bonuses.

• Like 1

Just like everything else you won't notice the real benefit unless you're min/maxing. Repsec Int and get a crow then upgrade your legendary/mythic gear and you'll start seeing numbers that make a big difference.

• Like 1

Just like everything else you won't notice the real benefit unless you're min/maxing. Repsec Int and get a crow then upgrade your legendary/mythic gear and you'll start seeing numbers that make a big difference.

Ah. Ok. I got it. It's just for your armor, weapon and tools (upgradeable stuff, not for structures and ship parts)

1 minute ago, George Catcher said:

not for structures and ship parts

AFAIK yes, I honestly haven't played with structure BP's. Most of my time is spent on PvE.

• Like 1

It’s a roll for the bonus you get on crafting.

I respec’d to build masterwork flintlocks, and it showed 151% on the blueprint. The 3 i crafted had different bonuses given, one was 11%, while the other was 8% (320% intelligence stat). Some things i crafted only had 1%, the highest I saw was 11.5%.

• Like 1

It's not worth to have on a main character unless your sole purpose in the company is to craft. Either get an alt or ignore it.

How int works is that every BP item crafted have a minimum roll and a maximum roll. Minimum roll stays the same more or less but the maximum roll increases with higher int. Some mock numbers:

150% int=0,1% bonus min roll, 4% bonus max roll

250% int=0,1% bonus min roll, 12% bonus max roll

• Thanks 2

the max crafting bonus is: (sheet int -100)/20

This bonus is applied to the increase an BP gives.

if u have a weapon BP with 160% dmg and get a 10% crafting bonus the resulting weapon has 166% dmg. For Upgrades a percentage (this is different the itemtypes) of this new Increase is applied each upgrade. So the crafting bonus is also applied to each upgrade,  with 100/(percent per upgrade) upgrades the crafting bonus is therefore doubled.

For minmaxing:

Crow gives between 10 and 60% additiv Int.

Dolphin Buff gives 50% additive Int.

The new int bonus on gear is multiplied to the 100% base int and skilled int. the bonuses are additiv to eachother.

For a  level 50 char fully skilled in int, with 5 10% bonuses on gear, a 50% crow and the dolphin buff:

(100 base + 200 skilled) *1,5 +50 +50 =550% --> 22,5 max crafting bonus.

10 % on items i far from max, and they can be upgraded, as i am mostly solo/duo i have no clue what kind of gear the megas are using. But >100% on gear should be easy possible for them.

Now for a high level char we are talking about greater then 50% max bonus. For high level BPs thats worth alot.

I respeced  to int shortly before i gained a new level, so i could speced  back out of int at the next level. Now with the respec potion it can be done anytime (500g?).

But if u have good crafted gear for the different biomes (high isolation, %Life %stamina etc), u can also stay in int for a bit/forever. ENJOY your reduced feast cooldowns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Catcher said:

Ah. Ok. I got it. It's just for your armor, weapon and tools (upgradeable stuff, not for structures and ship parts)

It also applly to ship parts, for 160% mythic parts it is def worth it. Just not so much for 110% stuff.

• Like 1

Does everyone seem to forget that it also reduces feat cooldown timers?

60 second nature's cry pop in 22 seconds for me. I imagine high int gunners are great too, what with lucky shooter popping every shot or two at the most.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Ok. I didn't really understand this.

I got 160% of my intelligence. It said in a description: "one's capability to craft items quickly with additional stat bonuses".

I got journeyman bp of cannon. I crafted this cannon. And here what I saw. BP shows that the cannon have an addition 121,143% damage. And with my 1.5% skill bonus (why it 1.5%???) I boosted that damage to 121,217%

So far I've got huge beyond imagination additional 0,074% of damage. And thanks to my skill - gun will now do insane 1454 damage instead of poor 1453! Totally worth it right? Or not... So I'm puzzled... should I put some points there or leave it by 100%?

Its a rng thing so make more and just scrap the crappy ones 

• Like 1