Sign in to follow this  
phelysarrian

I1 square of hell

I happen to cross that zone yesterday evening .... man, it has the most dangerous seas I have met. Alpha wales agrroing before rendering, herds of sotD - like packs of 4 to 6 ships- ranging from yellow to super red...

I just cut my route and headed out on the wind as fast as possible.

Escaped with no serious damage but hell, I never go there again.

Compared, J1 and H1 were a breeze...

I lost my schooner there recently.

I was sailing to treasure and while on transit of I1, I got surrounded by 8 SotDs (7 of them were red and 1 - yellow). There were 2 option - try to avoid them and go counterwind or try to speed by one of them, and pray he wont do a lot of damage. And... yet he just 2 shot and got my plank gone. I was out of planks (lesson for me) and I only needed for 200 wood to create one. So I speed to closest island, went ashore and... it turned out there is NO WOOD at all.

I didn't find any single tree. While I was on search mission - my ship sank. Sad story : )

Ah... and yeah. It took me 3 attempt to kill one whale. 

- First attempt I lost my Brig. The spears just hit invisible wall above whale back - I had just one shot left. I shot for like 15 times with 4 ballistas and not a single spear did any damage, just stuck in to the air above whale.

- Seccond - I was kiting whale along the border. When I had 1 shot left - whale turned to a border and disappeared.

- Third was success. 

Cursed place!

p.s. - I was sailing along norhtern border the other day and got 2 whales at once aggroed me : )

Edited by George Catcher