Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

This meta is aids.....

You've did everything in your power to turn this into a Zerg fest, and your servers can't even handle 50+ people in a square.

One, claims shouldn't be an infinite resource and the #1 way of griefing/fighting a war... speed schooner dropping off nakeds for hours.... such wow.... much skill.

Honestly a company should get 1 land claim, 1 ocean claim... especially since there is limited islands on the map.  Alliances should be capped, and closed... none of this I can be in 100 different alliance shit you got going....

Ship count for company should be drastically lowered to remove the want / need to spam numbers...

This would make small groups validated instead of being forced to merge, and then quit the game cause the game sucks when its 200 people in a square.... its literally who can no life claim spam longer... dumbest shit I have ever seen in my life.

Think about it... the #1 way to pvp... is dropping flags and hiding and trying to get 100+ allied naked into a grid.... shits a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Close alliances.  Max company size to 10 maybe 15 players.  Game would be soooooo much better.  I mean pirates historically never operated in 500 person crews.  I would even consider playing pvp again if they did this

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

Close alliances.  Max company size to 10 maybe 15 players.  Game would be soooooo much better.  I mean pirates historically never operated in 500 person crews.  I would even consider playing pvp again if they did this

not to burst your bubble but Never say never 😛
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-chinese-female-pirate-who-commanded-80000-outlaws

A 1x1 stone building with a single NPC in it is immune to nakeds....

Idk what Meta you play in, but nakeds cant do anything in the fights im in, Puckles and stone structures have to be blow into with cannons and explosives.

NPC mounted Balistas, Swivels, Puckles, and Cannons keep the enemy far enough away where they first have to blow up the defenses before they can get close enough to blow into the base. Walls make them bring climbing picks, walls built with a lip on them where they cant be climbed means they need a grapple, make the wall 12 walls high and it cant be grappled either. only way to get across in is to blow in, so now your require them to bring explosives. Put puckle guns on it and you cant get close enough with explosives and they have to bring a cannon bear. There are layers of defense that can be built that require your attackers to have certain items, and thus not be naked. The more things they have to have to raid you and the longer it takes them to do that the better defended you are. Sure any base is raidable, but this is the intent of PvP, if you want immunity go play PvE.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

Ok so on Chinese servers allow 80,000 people. lol

i never said that, i just said that you were wrong that there wasnt pirate crews of 500 in the pirate age historically hehe. in game is another thing 😉 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

10-15 people is not even enough people to fully crew a single brig, let along a galleon.

Limiting the number of people in a company that low doesn't make a bit of difference. If you're getting zerged, does it really matter if its 100 of 1 company, or 10 members each of 10 allied companies?  Even if you kill or limit alliances, unofficial alliances will form and use discord for comms.

Just now, MeatSammich said:

10-15 people is not even enough people to fully crew a single brig, let along a galleon.

Limiting the number of people in a company that low doesn't make a bit of difference. If you're getting zerged, does it really matter if its 100 of 1 company, or 10 members each of 10 allied companies?  Even if you kill or limit alliances, unofficial alliances will form and use discord for comms.

True but there would be no damage immunity in fights.  Player NPCs would accidentally target allies.  It would def make zerging more difficult.  Plus a fully manned galleo of players lol...you just gonna have people sitting on cannons lol.  I don't pvp anymore so I don't really care.  I'm just saying the game would be better. 

37 minutes ago, wesley0444 said:

A 1x1 stone building with a single NPC in it is immune to nakeds....

Idk what Meta you play in, but nakeds cant do anything in the fights im in, Puckles and stone structures have to be blow into with cannons and explosives.

NPC mounted Balistas, Swivels, Puckles, and Cannons keep the enemy far enough away where they first have to blow up the defenses before they can get close enough to blow into the base. Walls make them bring climbing picks, walls built with a lip on them where they cant be climbed means they need a grapple, make the wall 12 walls high and it cant be grappled either. only way to get across in is to blow in, so now your require them to bring explosives. Put puckle guns on it and you cant get close enough with explosives and they have to bring a cannon bear. There are layers of defense that can be built that require your attackers to have certain items, and thus not be naked. The more things they have to have to raid you and the longer it takes them to do that the better defended you are. Sure any base is raidable, but this is the intent of PvP, if you want immunity go play PvE.

lol you haven't been attacked by a Mega yet... and I don't want immunity.  I just don't want to play the "Who has to log out for real life first game"... I am in the middle of defending my claim right now... With puckles in 1x1's... I understand how to play the game... this isn't a complaint because I don't know what I am doing... its literally a complaint that NO MATTER what i do it wont work... I have to log off... wtf does one company need 723 land claims for... 2-3 islands per grid... you are asking people not to play this game with this Meta... I shouldn't have to explain this shit.

This is early access, and if they can't get this simple concept down... then yeah its not gonna be a game anyone is going to play.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

lol you haven't been attacked by a Mega yet... and I don't want immunity.  I just don't want to play the "Who has to log out for real life first game"... I am in the middle of defending my claim right now... With puckles in 1x1's... I understand how to play the game... this isn't a complaint because I don't know what I am doing... its literally a complaint that NO MATTER what i do it wont work... I have to log off... wtf does one company need 723 land claims for... 2-3 islands per grid... you are asking people not to play this game with this Meta... I shouldn't have to explain this shit.

This is early access, and if they can't get this simple concept down... then yeah its not gonna be a game anyone is going to play.

Yeah, the fact that the attackers can just keep respawning and attacking/flag spamming is trash. It doesn't matter if its 10 people attacking, or 100, because its nothing but endless waves. The worlds shittiest tower defense game.

What if something was introduced on PVP whereas if you were killed in PVP, by another player or their NPC, and not in your own claim area, there was a 10-15 minute or so cooldown before you could spawn anywhere other than your own claimed area?

1 minute ago, MeatSammich said:

Yeah, the fact that the attackers can just keep respawning and attacking/flag spamming is trash. It doesn't matter if its 10 people attacking, or 100, because its nothing but endless waves. The worlds shittiest tower defense game.

What if something was introduced on PVP whereas if you were killed in PVP, by another player or their NPC, and not in your own claim area, there was a 10-15 minute or so cooldown before you could spawn anywhere other than your own claimed area?

I'm all for risk/reward... as long as it isn't this fuckin claim spam bullshit.

Ship count doesn’t necessarily needs to be lowered. Just need to make it like it was before - Unable to make a ship within a few damn hours. Nerfing animals to dead would improve this game on so many levels. But yeah, when they did that... 

OP is right.

Devs have done everything in their design power to cater to zergs and suck streamer dick.   

No offline defense = constant pvo.

Lowering weapon damage means that skill < numbers.

Nerfing tames = skill < numbers

Nerfing stone = skill < offline

Infinite claims = skill < numbers

giant companies = skill < numbers

This is supposed to be a pirate game, but since when are pirates about having massive nations?  

So offline zergs now just trash bases, swarn with garbage, claim up everything and don't actually utilize it.  

There's a lot I love about this game, but the ruleset on NA PVP is unplayable to me.

Edited by Nox

Lol at how easy it is to fix this game. Its so close to being a great game.

1-5 claims per person, you pick.

Boom, 5k+ player return in a week or less.

Your welcome.

Want more players? 

Wall defense value returned to what they were. The advantage should always be to the defender. Ffs this is game design 101.

Boom, just added a few more thousand players.

Thats 2 changes that can be done with very little effort or cost. Theres a list of more complicated things that could be done to improve the game, but they would all have a diminished effect compared to those above. 

I honestly think if you solo, you dont get a claim... lawless zones for solo players.

Companies... either 1-2 claims... or atleast claims based on their size... but def have a cap.

Alliances either need to go away completely... or at the very minimum make it to where you can't have multiple alliances.

your servers can't even handle 50+ people in a square.

Hahaha. Do not underestimate the scale of the tragedy : ) I've been to server today where there were just 25 ppl. All were so glitchy so I couldn't get from the center of my ship to steering wheel. My char just keep warping around the boat. I felt useless. It took me fro 10 minutes of micro-steppes and jumps to get steering wheel. Then I was sailing along the island. My ship suddenly stopped and wont move anywhere. After like 3-4 minutes the big shipyard rendered around my vessel - in turned out I swam into that structure...

I just passed back and went full speed to a closest border : )

Ship count for company should be drastically lowered to remove the want 

I saw the picture today... huge base. Around 15 big shipyards and over 100 Brigs and Galleys around... and just 8 ppl on a server. I didn't understand - why company built that amount of ships (It's PVE server and game just can not handle more then 20 ppl on one grid)? There are like more then 10 times less ppl online if they wish they could not sail their armada anywhere : ))

1 hour ago, Chucksteak said:

Lol at how easy it is to fix this game. Its so close to being a great game.

1-5 claims per person, you pick.

Boom, 5k+ player return in a week or less.

Wow, you are such a clever person writing these interesting design changes!

Almost half of the greatest alliances' people would stop playing because of these restrictions, so it wouldn't do anything.

I'm playing in a tiny company but me and all my pals understand the importance of "unbalanced" and extremely cruel large companies.

6 hours ago, MrHeid said:

Henry Morgan...famed pirate/privateer.  He once sailed the seas in command of nearly a dozen ships and over 1000 men.  He was so successful as a pirate/privateer he was awarded governorship of Port Royal Jamaica and a full pardon from the Royal crown.

14 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Henry Morgan...famed pirate/privateer.  He once sailed the seas in command of nearly a dozen ships and over 1000 men.  He was so successful as a pirate/privateer he was awarded governorship of Port Royal Jamaica and a full pardon from the Royal crown.

I stand corrected.  However, game would still be better with smaller groups 

I think there are certainly issues to be thought about, but 1 claim per company is not it.  

Imagine making that change. You know the first thing my company would do? We'd make 10k stone pillars and go spam our territories with them. Personally I'd rather the current meta than that old ark pillar meta.

I feel like the OP isn't genuine with their complaint. It takes 3+ hours to cap a small companies claim but only 10 minutes to cap a large company claim. Also, you have to give the devs credit here.  They've done quite a bit to make naked zergs less viable. They've nerfed grenades, oil jars and flame arrows. Anchored boats take only 25% damage. Raiding is much more of an investment now. Cannon carts are pretty much a requirement now. And that requires an asset that takes time to aquire that can't be replaced immediately if it dies. Naked zergs are an annoyance but they aren't particularly effective. 

Company size and alliance are an issue. But a limit of 10? Its just not realistic. However 50 or 100? That I could see working. Alliances were always a bad idea and getting rid of them on 6man ark servers was definitely the right move. Perhaps some sort of tax tribe mechanism could work but you have to be careful that it just doesn't become an alliance by proxy. 

I think claims should be island based and each company only gets so many, perhaps a dynamic amount based on company size?  That way you just have your flag in your base and as long as at least 1 npc is there they have to crack your base open to be able to claim the zone. The claim time should probably be longer then. 

17 minutes ago, Smash said:

I think there are certainly issues to be thought about, but 1 claim per company is not it.  

Imagine making that change. You know the first thing my company would do? We'd make 10k stone pillars and go spam our territories with them. Personally I'd rather the current meta than that old ark pillar meta.

I feel like the OP isn't genuine with their complaint. It takes 3+ hours to cap a small companies claim but only 10 minutes to cap a large company claim. Also, you have to give the devs credit here.  They've done quite a bit to make naked zergs less viable. They've nerfed grenades, oil jars and flame arrows. Anchored boats take only 25% damage. Raiding is much more of an investment now. Cannon carts are pretty much a requirement now. And that requires an asset that takes time to aquire that can't be replaced immediately if it dies. Naked zergs are an annoyance but they aren't particularly effective. 

Company size and alliance are an issue. But a limit of 10? Its just not realistic. However 50 or 100? That I could see working. Alliances were always a bad idea and getting rid of them on 6man ark servers was definitely the right move. Perhaps some sort of tax tribe mechanism could work but you have to be careful that it just doesn't become an alliance by proxy. 

I think claims should be island based and each company only gets so many, perhaps a dynamic amount based on company size?  That way you just have your flag in your base and as long as at least 1 npc is there they have to crack your base open to be able to claim the zone. The claim time should probably be longer then. 

You litreally have thousands of players... THOUSANDS... they quit the game because they couldn't get land... You literally have a handful of companies with THOUSANDS of claims.... do you see the issue here... game population isn't lying bud... maybe you don't understand the concept fully?

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

You litreally have thousands of players... THOUSANDS... they quit the game because they couldn't get land... You literally have a handful of companies with THOUSANDS of claims.... do you see the issue here... game population isn't lying bud... maybe you don't understand the concept fully?

I understand it fine. Did you not understand me when I said 1 wasnt the answer? There's a big range Between 1 and thousands. 

How do you feel a 1 claim limit solves zergs? If anything it encourages it. Build a bed outside claim. Get 5 guys on the island.  You'll have canons on foundations outside you base in a couple of hours. 

2 minutes ago, Smash said:

I understand it fine. Did you not understand me when I said 1 wasnt the answer? There's a big range Between 1 and thousands. 

How do you feel a 1 claim limit solves zergs? If anything it encourages it. Build a bed outside claim. Get 5 guys on the island.  You'll have canons on foundations outside you base in a couple of hours. 

If you have one claim they can't build beds without sacrificing their claim they already have and losing their land... if you drop your claim its with the intent to colonize that territory instead of just wanting to wipe a 5 man group.... see what I am saying... right now... the meta is spam flags try to get a land hold put up mortar play the who has to log out first game... and rinse and repeat.... if they had to sacrifice their one holding for that company in order to do that they wouldn't be going around taking peoples land... destryoing it is one thing... but taking it over and forcing people out of the game for no reason.... literally no point but to be toxic.

Force people to use siege weapons... they in the game for a reason... literally no point in someone having 500 claims. even a 100...