Sign in to follow this  
Daish

is this game based around Fast Travel via beds or Ships?

cause i'm just not sure more people seem to travel via instantaneous transport with beds rather then ships 

maybe you should take all the ships out of the promotion work for this game and replace them with beds

here's a random idea don't let people fast travel to another server only allow people to fast travel to servers they are already in / their corpse is in that server 

another idea maybe MAYBE only allow people to build beds on Ships/Rafts that way bases becomes more vulnerable (would be a better fix then constantly lowering the HP of walls and increasing their costs) then focus is placed on ship vs ship battle more land base vs land base 

Edited by Daish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Depends really use both quite a bit.. the world is way to big to sail over the other side or the world. Would take to long to do things without having beds.

Without beds you would restrict people to tiny bits of the world most of the time and that would be a bad thing. 

This again ?

I have many things to do , sailing for a long time while trying to dodge GS and deal with bad wind is not one of them .

All open world game have some sort of fast travel . 

Due to the game have various region that offer some sort of special materials  and i need to farm but i don't have time to sail .

Here is an idea , how about you just sailing around while let us have fast travel ? Try to remove a game feature because you dislike it is stupid .

I sail most of the time but I do also use beds when time doesn't permit me to complete a trip. I live in this place called the real world where I have to be an adult sometimes and I can't plan my life around atlas. If they want to add a config option to remove fast travel for people who want to go hardcore mode that is great go setup a server and get your hard on for sailing but the rest of us have stuff to do and sometimes we have to fast travel to maintain stuff when life happens.

• Like 3

Beds in PVE are fine, even needed. The use of beds in PVP (used to defend) clearly needs some more thought.

I don't think beds should be removed from PVP but maybe disabled if any pvp related damage has happened on that island in the last 30 minutes.

Since Daish's last post I have experienced a scenario where I considered sailing across 4 servers while we were being raided on another island. The reason for that is so many people were spawning in the wait time was ridiculous. 

There is a mechanic already to limit fast travel that hits some companies hard so that should just be tweaked to encourage people to sail.

27 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

Depends really use both quite a bit.. the world is way to big to sail over the other side or the world. Would take to long to do things without having beds.

Without beds you would restrict people to tiny bits of the world most of the time and that would be a bad thing. 

do things like what? you cant teleport items what "things" 

30 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Reset timers, feed tames, defend bases

reset timers? so your on a PVE server and it has nothing to do with PVP?? k thx for your input 

also using instant travel across the world is the major reason this needs to be nerfed 

why should it be so easy to defend a base when you are on the other side of the planet 

Edited by Daish

My clan has a small base on a different island from our main one that we liked to maintain as a backup and also just enjoy another parts of the world without spending hours and hours sailing.

Fast travel allows us to do that and without that we would basically be stuck in our little tile or maybe the ones next to us most days. We all work and can't spend hours every night sailing to other parts of the world.. 

Games are supposed to be enjoyable not a chore. 

Edited by Caldrin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daish said:

...here's a random idea don't let people fast travel to another server only allow people to fast travel to servers they are already in / their corpse is in that server

Yawn, this again.  Sorry, but I don't want to have to sail for most of the evening just to check on various bases I might have around the map.

Here we go again with another nonsense topic about fast travel.

If you don't know yet, what can you do with a ship and what can you do with a bed in some island, i think is better to stop playing ATLAS, and go to play CoD, Fortnite or something like that....

Edited by JotaCe
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Coggage said:

Yawn, this again.  Sorry, but I don't want to have to sail for most of the evening just to check on various bases I might have around the map.

you have more bases then you can physically defend without teleportation? 

that makes sense in a game based around sailing 

To be honest, the fast travel system should be removed.

Death would be meaningful, as you are back in a freeport. Would also solve the „ok i die.More easy than to balance the 4 vitamins“ issue.

If you dont want to have it that hardcore-brutal : Players have to „bind“ themselves to a bed and can only have one. Or one on land and one on a ship.

I would suffer too, as i would have to leave one of my two main bases, but that step would also make Atlas a real ship based pirate game. You want to go somewhere else ? Build a ship !

No Star Trek „Scotty, beam me up !“ teleport action.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, Dreadmill said:

Solution: Waterbed...because it’s the best of both worlds 

Favorite post of the day and I just woke up 20 mins ago. 

This man is a genius.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Talono said:

To be honest, the fast travel system should be removed.

Death would be meaningful, as you are back in a freeport. Would also solve the „ok i die.More easy than to balance the 4 vitamins“ issue.

If you dont want to have it that hardcore-brutal : Players have to „bind“ themselves to a bed and can only have one. Or one on land and one on a ship.

I would suffer too, as i would have to leave one of my two main bases, but that step would also make Atlas a real ship based pirate game. You want to go somewhere else ? Build a ship !

No Star Trek „Scotty, beam me up !“ teleport action.

like a hearth stone in WoW that only lets you fast travel to 1 inn

its kind of funny in a game that allows you to hold another player prisoner and keep them locked up for hours or days at a time people are complaining about needing instant teleportation or the game will become to hard

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Daish said:

reset timers? so your on a PVE server and it has nothing to do with PVP?? k thx for your input 

also using instant travel across the world is the major reason this needs to be nerfed 

why should it be so easy to defend a base when you are on the other side of the planet 

You realize you posted in the General Forum, right?

Might want to edit your OP and say you're talking about pvp, or delete it and repost in the pvp forum.  They really are two different games.

On 2/22/2019 at 12:44 AM, Winter Thorne said:

You realize you posted in the General Forum, right?

Might want to edit your OP and say you're talking about pvp, or delete it and repost in the pvp forum.  They really are two different games.

talking about official servers for the most part that are designed for thousands of players 

On 2/20/2019 at 3:19 PM, Daish said:

Like any changes such as removing fast travel would be restricted to PvP servers only. It would impact both, so everyone's voice should be heard regardless of the mode they play.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:08 AM, Daish said:

you have more bases then you can physically defend without teleportation?

This thread is about Fast Travel, not defending bases. Try not to wander off point.  If I have, say, a couple of bases on different islands on a PvE, PvP or PvPvE server the last thing I want is to to spend precious gaming time staring at the sea, doing a fairly trivial but needed task such as checking on buildings and tames, then staring at the sea as I sail back.  I don't get a lot of gaming time and I prefer to use it as efficiently as possible.

12 minutes ago, Coggage said:

This thread is about Fast Travel, not defending bases. Try not to wander off point.  If I have, say, a couple of bases on different islands on a PvE, PvP or PvPvE server the last thing I want is to to spend precious gaming time staring at the sea, doing a fairly trivial but needed task such as checking on buildings and tames, then staring at the sea as I sail back.  I don't get a lot of gaming time and I prefer to use it as efficiently as possible.

If you have read the last ten threads all about removing fast travel, you would know it is all about defending bases and claims. Those PvP players that want it removed are sick of companies that have bases all over the place and also claims. Every time their claim or base is attacked, they fast travel in by bed (or so I've read in all these threads).

It is a total ruse that people say this is not star trek and we should not have teleporting. It is mostly the broken claim system that is pushing this change. Fix the claim system, leave beds alone.

And the next person to post this, please put in the title, FOR PVP ONLY (like the last thread created did).

If this is removed from PvE, it will honestly only affect a small portion of the player base, those on the official PvE servers. I would guess almost all unofficial servers would soon have a mod to add it back in. Really, at least 90% of the people playing Atlas do not want beds and fast travel removed.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 10:19 AM, Daish said:

2 hours ago, Daish said:

talking about official servers for the most part that are designed for thousands of players 

Your suggestions might be fine for pvp servers, they don't work for pve servers.  And if you're talking about "official servers", why are you yelling at some guy for talking about the PVE type?  It's an "official server" too.  Do you not understand there are two kinds of official servers and the game is played very differently on them?

• Like 1

I use my ships for transportation of anything more than myself, and I use beds to quickly warp to an outpost, so that I can use the gear I have there for harvesting and then get to work.

I sail the hauling ship later, but I definitely need both fast travel and sailing.

2 hours ago, wildbill said:

If you have read the last ten threads all about removing fast travel, you would know it is all about defending bases and claims. Those PvP players that want it removed are sick of companies that have bases all over the place and also claims. Every time their claim or base is attacked, they fast travel in by bed (or so I've read in all these threads).

It is a total ruse that people say this is not star trek and we should not have teleporting. It is mostly the broken claim system that is pushing this change. Fix the claim system, leave beds alone.

And the next person to post this, please put in the title, FOR PVP ONLY (like the last thread created did).

If this is removed from PvE, it will honestly only affect a small portion of the player base, those on the official PvE servers. I would guess almost all unofficial servers would soon have a mod to add it back in. Really, at least 90% of the people playing Atlas do not want beds and fast travel removed.

Wrong. Where is your evidence regarding how many people are playing PvP vs PvE. 

You can't say PvE doesn't matter either. It does. To a lot of people.

On 2/20/2019 at 5:58 AM, Daish said:

cause i'm just not sure more people seem to travel via instantaneous transport with beds rather then ships 

maybe you should take all the ships out of the promotion work for this game and replace them with beds

here's a random idea don't let people fast travel to another server only allow people to fast travel to servers they are already in / their corpse is in that server 

another idea maybe MAYBE only allow people to build beds on Ships/Rafts that way bases becomes more vulnerable (would be a better fix then constantly lowering the HP of walls and increasing their costs) then focus is placed on ship vs ship battle more land base vs land base 

Yeah, just like in ark you can fast travel to beds. Without fast travel this game wouldn’t be worth anything. Well that and tames of course.

nobody is going to bother sailing for hours. It’s just stupid. I already knew the sailing would get boring for everyone very quickly.

not sure why they thought that sailing for a long time was a good idea in the first place