Sign in to follow this  
Daish

is this game based around Fast Travel via beds or Ships?

We just one more server hardcore! whithout fast travel! spirit of discovery and adventure with limit for calim flags! empty islands? - OK! it's will beter than shipyards everywhere! everywhere stupid gates gigants stone gates, i have friz and lags because of them! for why we have a sextant? we need serious server!

And we need reputation system!

Edited by Pchela Lesnaya

28 minutes ago, Pchela Lesnaya said:

We just one more server hardcore! whithout fast travel! spirit of discovery and adventure with limit for calim flags! empty islands? - OK! it's will beter than shipyards everywhere! everywhere stupid gates gigants stone gates, i have friz and lags because of them! for why we have a sextant? we need serious server!

And we need reputation system!

In ARK they did eventually get other types of servers. It wasn't a couple months after the game was released though, maybe a year from now there will be other types.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wildbill said:

In ARK they did eventually get other types of servers. It wasn't a couple months after the game was released though, maybe a year from now there will be other types.

If people wanted to play a game like Ark , nobody would be complaining about fast travel and the server wouldnt be dieing.

There is a reason there was a huge backlash when people thought this was just An Ark rehash.

when I launched the Atlas, I dreamed that I would now board the ship and go far where no man’s foot had gone. I was very surprised and saddened, everything is already built up and captured

Edited by Pchela Lesnaya

1 minute ago, Pchela Lesnaya said:

when I launched the Atlas, I dreamed that I would now board the ship and go far where no man’s foot had gone. I was very surprised and saddened, everything is already built up and captured

Kinda expected, right. 

And it is very important to do something with a gate! Speaking again about the hardcore server, make the respawn resources slower so that they even had to be transported from other places or bought from merchants (players for example). And the gates themselves, for example, if they stand in water, they are gradually destroyed. Why the ship is rotting and the gate is not?

all that stands in the water of the buildings, also rots. Let slowly but still

Edited by Pchela Lesnaya

2 hours ago, Vorxius said:

I can't help to think that the bed travel is working as intended.

For a start, you can't carry anything when bed travelling and it makes boats totally the only way to carry materials... I had a plan to plant beds on various known 'treasure map' islands.  So it saved me from having to take a boat... but in my eagerness forgot that you had to have the map on you 🙂 

We have boats for everything...  exploration boat, resource collection boat, combat boat, and an ark for animal transport.  Bed transport doesn't negate any of that.  Sometimes during a suicide tiger kiting exercise we may crash into the timer, but all other times it's a pain free way to resource on another island / different scenery. 

Can't comment on PvP, I don't play on PvP servers for a very specific reason!   😛

I accept that you prefer to be a pirate that...farms (?), and not a farmer that...pirates(?). Your silly but W/E. You can still comment on it as its the same version, just W/ the pirating part turned on.

I have to assume you didn't read my previous post in this thread as I debunked your argument.

The simple fact that your placing beds at various places for the simple act of treasure hunting is indicative of what the problem actually is. Your first instinct is, I dont need the boat to get there when I can use the beam me up scotty button. You instantly went from treassure hunter to farmer. Am I making sense?

People cant find a spot to claim, but you have so many spread so far out you rely on a bed to maintain them. Am I getting through?

When the message pops up, that somone is contesting your claim and it tells you the exact location, I bet you take the first bed there to shut it down.

Most of all, this;

"So it saved me from having to take a boat.."

....exactly our point

-CS

It's the foundation spam that ... ahem rocks my boat.  To know there is so much demand on land, then to see huge swathes of land empty with foundation spam does sort of get the head scratching.  We were looking last night for an island to build a home on, and every lawless island was either bricked up with ship yards and rafts, or totally empty but for outrageous blatant foundation spam.  Not sure foundation spam was ever in the spirit of the game  😐

4 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

I accept that you prefer to be a pirate that...farms (?), and not a farmer that...pirates(?). Your silly but W/E. You can still comment on it as its the same version, just W/ the pirating part turned on.

I have to assume you didn't read my previous post in this thread as I debunked your argument.

The simple fact that your placing beds at various places for the simple act of treasure hunting is indicative of what the problem actually is. Your first instinct is, I dont need the boat to get there when I can use the beam me up scotty button. You instantly went from treassure hunter to farmer. Am I making sense?

People cant find a spot to claim, but you have so many spread so far out you rely on a bed to maintain them. Am I getting through?

When the message pops up, that somone is contesting your claim and it tells you the exact location, I bet you take the first bed there to shut it down.

Most of all, this;

"So it saved me from having to take a boat.."

....exactly our point

-CS

My point was also that bed travel is useless for the 'exploitative' benefits it could give.. i.e. not able to take items limits it's usefulness.   But you're right, that if someone is contesting a claim, a bed gives direct access to the area in question.  It's not particularly an issue in PvE, but PvP, I guess it could be..

The game mechanics dictate that we are first farmers, and pirates second.  Would much prefer to be a pirate..  i'm more of a 'shoot stuff' person than a mindless pick - to - tree for half an hour person.  Don't get me started on animal taming...  I pulled hair out in clumps last night taming an elephant....  I digress.  

I'm as happy taking a boat as 'teleporting', but beds are great for nipping back to home base to check on things whilst on a long distant voyage, and jumping right back over to carry on.  I'd never want that to change.

7 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

It's the foundation spam that ... ahem rocks my boat.  To know there is so much demand on land, then to see huge swathes of land empty with foundation spam does sort of get the head scratching.  We were looking last night for an island to build a home on, and every lawless island was either bricked up with ship yards and rafts, or totally empty but for outrageous blatant foundation spam.  Not sure foundation spam was ever in the spirit of the game  😐

Foundation spam shouldnt even be a thought in your mind bro. There is so much unused barren empty claimed land 

Lawless areas shouldnt even be needed . But what a simple fix it w would be to have unattached foundations rapidly decay.

Here's a hint tho...what I do if I see foundation spam on a lawless is rapidly produce cannons and blow up the spammers entire base.

Cannons are super cheap and easy to make as are cannon balls. And on a lawless island you can ALWAYS find spots to place em.

God help them if I find gems close by.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Back Stabbath said:

Here's a hint tho...what I do if I see foundation spam on a lawless is rapidly produce cannons and blow up the spammers entire base.

I wish!  not so easy on PvE servers 😞

1 hour ago, Back Stabbath said:

If people wanted to play a game like Ark , nobody would be complaining about fast travel and the server wouldnt be dieing.

There is a reason there was a huge backlash when people thought this was just An Ark rehash.

You are completely missing my point. This game is from some of the same people that made ARK. In ARK, they did release other types of servers eventually, so it is likely they will here too. Atlas is only a few months old. If we can just have a little patience, I'm sure we will see some interesting changes here, but they aren't going to happen as fast as most might like. It is very likely that there will be hardcore servers with different settings than the ones we have now. Also of course, there are private servers and once the features are in the game to change some of the settings easily, there will be private servers of all types to match each persons preferences.

I didnt miss your point at all. I know who made the game.

I'm saying they advertised an mmo. People want to play the game they advertised. 

if they cater to the Ark crowd the game isnt even gonna make it to release.  ARK is garbage.

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

My point was also that bed travel is useless for the 'exploitative' benefits it could give.. i.e. not able to take items limits it's usefulness.   But you're right, that if someone is contesting a claim, a bed gives direct access to the area in question.  It's not particularly an issue in PvE, but PvP, I guess it could be..

Question, on PvE, I start claiming your your territory, you see it and port to bed in that territory. What happens? Do I still get to process my claim, or does it dissapear, or does the timer just stop? Im assuming I still get to claim the land no problem bc its a pve server and the bed is not exploitive in that way as you clearly stated. Yet, lots of people on PVE have claim issues, so where is the breakdown? If its NOT exploitive why are there issues at all on PvE?

Try and not be naive. You act like there is not a box of gear next to the teleBed. If your in any sort of bigger company, there are beds, boats, gear, tames and bases at every location.

Its the single most exploitative thing in the game and I cant comprehend the mental gymnastics your doing to say otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Question, on PvE, I start claiming your your territory, you see it and port to bed in that territory. What happens? Do I still get to process my claim, or does it dissapear, or does the timer just stop? Im assuming I still get to claim the land no problem bc its a pve server and the bed is not exploitive in that way as you clearly stated. Yet, lots of people on PVE have claim issues, so where is the breakdown? If its NOT exploitive why are there issues at all on PvE?

It's a good question but it might be moot by tomorrow.  For someone to contest your flag, you have to have been away from the claim for 21 days.  That's a long time for someone who's still playing the game.  I agree they shouldn't just be able to pop back when they get a warning.  But right now they can.

If they put limits on claims, this won't be as much of an issue.  People will have claims they care about for some reason, and they won't be away from them for 21 days anyway, so nobody will be claiming the territory.

As far as fast travel on pve, I'll say as a more casual player fast travel is necessary for people like to actually do any sailing and traveling!  If you need to go 8 grids away for something, and there's no fast travel, it would take me 4 days or so to do that.  If I can fast travel to 3 grids away (and plan my time carefully to keep spouse and pet aggro at bay for a few hours) I can do it in a day.  But it may take me an entire day of playing time to get there.   If you play with a lot of interruptions both planned and unplanned, sailing is hard to do.  There's not always an island nearby to stop at and you can't just jump up and run off for 10 mins. if you need to.  Fast travel doesn't eliminate traveling for me, it just breaks the map up into manageable pieces so I can get where I need to go.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 12:11 AM, boomervoncannon said:

Ad hominem attacks do not make your case more compelling and since you didn’t answer the question but instead chose to insult me, the question of who is trolling whom is an open one.

do you play the game? you can * on captured players

*force heal
*force feed
*force drink 
*force encumbered

i think you are ignorant of how the game works or retarded 

Edited by Daish

2 minutes ago, Daish said:

do you play the game? you can * on captured players

*force heal

*force feed

*force drink 

i think you are ignorant of how the game works or retarded 

I play the game plenty. I know of almost no one who has bothered with the medical tree, but putting that aside, are you really saying that you know anyone prepared to constantly stand watch over their captives force feeding, force drinking and force healing to prevent them from suiciding and thus escaping around the clock? The fact you can do these things is not an effective measure against using yell to escape confinement given that the prisoner can log in at any time of their choosing to yell, while I know of no one willing to stand around a cell in shifts to guard against such. But hey, maybe I'm so ignorant of the fact you're that one guy with no life willing to do it, who knows?

6 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I play the game plenty. I know of almost no one who has bothered with the medical tree, but putting that aside, are you really saying that you know anyone prepared to constantly stand watch over their captives force feeding, force drinking and force healing to prevent them from suiciding and thus escaping around the clock? The fact you can do these things is not an effective measure against using yell to escape confinement given that the prisoner can log in at any time of their choosing to yell, while I know of no one willing to stand around a cell in shifts to guard against such. But hey, maybe I'm so ignorant of the fact you're that one guy with no life willing to do it, who knows?

there is no way to suicide in a short amount of time

have you even fraught against the companies with hundreds of players? or are you one of those garbage players who joins them to gain a unfair advantage 

Edited by Daish

2 minutes ago, Daish said:

Eat poop= auto dead.

1 minute ago, Daish said:

You don't need a short amount of time. You just need time when no one is around, and I have yet to meet the company with members willing to stand guard over someone 24/7 to make sure they don't suicide. It's just not worth it when you can go do actual stuff.

1 minute ago, DilBert said:

Eat poop= auto dead.

If you are handcuffed you can't eat poop but you can yell.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 6:47 AM, Winter Thorne said:

It's a good question but it might be moot by tomorrow.  For someone to contest your flag, you have to have been away from the claim for 21 days.  That's a long time for someone who's still playing the game.  I agree they shouldn't just be able to pop back when they get a warning.  But right now they can.

If they put limits on claims, this won't be as much of an issue.  People will have claims they care about for some reason, and they won't be away from them for 21 days anyway, so nobody will be claiming the territory.

As far as fast travel on pve, I'll say as a more casual player fast travel is necessary for people like to actually do any sailing and traveling!  If you need to go 8 grids away for something, and there's no fast travel, it would take me 4 days or so to do that.  If I can fast travel to 3 grids away (and plan my time carefully to keep spouse and pet aggro at bay for a few hours) I can do it in a day.  But it may take me an entire day of playing time to get there.   If you play with a lot of interruptions both planned and unplanned, sailing is hard to do.  There's not always an island nearby to stop at and you can't just jump up and run off for 10 mins. if you need to.  Fast travel doesn't eliminate traveling for me, it just breaks the map up into manageable pieces so I can get where I need to go.

it may turn out to be a bigger issue if people are allowed to freely place platforms and beds around land they do not own 

your islands may end up getting zerged by players who have no boats at all 

its very easy to build under the water and store weapons along with other items there will be nothing for you to attack no boats no bases just randomly scattered beds and the players attacking you 

2 minutes ago, DilBert said:

Eat poop= auto dead.

you cant pick up items you cant use items once you have been locked up

you cant move you can run you cant dance 

you cant even access your own stats or inventory when handcuffed that's without being in a cage 

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

If you are handcuffed you can't eat poop but you can yell.

Missed the part about handcuffed. lol

On 3/4/2019 at 3:54 AM, DilBert said:

Missed the part about handcuffed. lol

wait until your locked in a hanging cage and handcuffed at the same time its impossible to free yourself unless you are left alone for about a hour 

im wondering if islands with water can have the cage hanging into the water high enough to avoid you drowning but low enough to count as drinking