Sign in to follow this  
Daish

is this game based around Fast Travel via beds or Ships?

On 2/20/2019 at 4:19 PM, Daish said:

why should it be so easy to defend a base when you are on the other side of the planet 

For the same reason. You want to be able to travel without loosing your base.

36 minutes ago, Bowtie said:

I use my ships for transportation of anything more than myself, and I use beds to quickly warp to an outpost, so that I can use the gear I have there for harvesting and then get to work.

I sail the hauling ship later, but I definitely need both fast travel and sailing.

Wrong. Where is your evidence regarding how many people are playing PvP vs PvE. 

You can't say PvE doesn't matter either. It does. To a lot of people.

I think you completely misread what I wrote. PVE does matter, it is all I will play in this game. I do dabble a bit in PvP, but just to remember why I don't play it 🙂

I completely agree with you, fast travel and beds should not be removed. There is a vocal minority of PvP players on officials that want it yanked. PvP players on unofficial servers don't care, they have admins and real rules to keep things in line. I'm saying that at this point, I would think about 90% of the players do not play on official servers, and they don't want to see beds and fast travel removed.

The reason this topic gets a bit hot, is that we know that this company has a poor history of separating the PvP game from the PvE game. They tend to change a feature to be exactly the same for both versions of the game. This is probably just easier for them to implement, but causes endless grief for the players and the community.

7 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I think you completely misread what I wrote. PVE does matter, it is all I will play in this game. I do dabble a bit in PvP, but just to remember why I don't play it 🙂

I completely agree with you, fast travel and beds should not be removed. There is a vocal minority of PvP players on officials that want it yanked. PvP players on unofficial servers don't care, they have admins and real rules to keep things in line. I'm saying that at this point, I would think about 90% of the players do not play on official servers, and they don't want to see beds and fast travel removed.

The reason this topic gets a bit hot, is that we know that this company has a poor history of separating the PvP game from the PvE game. They tend to change a feature to be exactly the same for both versions of the game. This is probably just easier for them to implement, but causes endless grief for the players and the community.

Aye, that's the M.O. for a lot of devs. Blizzard never implemented any PvP server specific changes or PvE server specific ones, and it made players on both sides suffer. Looks like we're gonna go through that here.

Removing fast travel is a bad idea, since you cant take things or items fast traveling with you, it's just about being able to have a spawn point, op is basically asking to remove beds from game, since changing fast travel would only result in people killing themselves to spawn where they need. 

You would never be able to leave your base without beds. There would be NO sailing, and only overpowered base islands. 

This change would clump players up to no end and make 90% of map unusable.

Leaving your base would be a nightmare since anyone could show up when you leave and then all the gear, defences tames and everything else you have out there to fight off invaders would be useless since all they have to do is keep you away. 

Also if they just showed up and sniped you in your front yard, there would be nothing you can do, since you'd have to start back at freeport.

OP's suggestions also dont work cause,

Players would leave rafts at sever corners so they could "fast travel" under his system still by spawning near server barrier, and jumping into next server and dying. 

Also, if you only had beds on boats(already been tried at lawless) players just make layers around a raft with a bed. 

The suggestions dont make sense and add alot of tedium to the already tedious game.  

SO PLEASE stop suggesting they remove fast travel. 

The game is designed to where you need more than one base, so you'd have to rethink so much more than just the fast travel. 

Edited by Mike L

On 2/23/2019 at 7:14 AM, Winter Thorne said:

Your suggestions might be fine for pvp servers, they don't work for pve servers.  And if you're talking about "official servers", why are you yelling at some guy for talking about the PVE type?  It's an "official server" too.  Do you not understand there are two kinds of official servers and the game is played very differently on them?

official severs hold thousands of players
unofficial servers don't 

its meant to be a hard core game why shrink the world down by allowing players to teleport 

I don´t see the point in fast travel. We only use it for quick claim refreshes and easy discovery points.

However you cant remove it either since people would just select to die and respawn there.

6 minutes ago, Shintai said:

I don´t see the point in fast travel. We only use it for quick claim refreshes and easy discovery points.

However you cant remove it either since people would just select to die and respawn there.

Ye but in pvp it’s a different story. 

9 hours ago, Daish said:

official severs hold thousands of players
unofficial servers don't 

You made a post in general forum about something which might be right for pvp but not for pve.  When someone mentions the impact to pve,  you yell at them for talking about pve.  I recommend you post the idea in the pvp forums, and you reply that the ideas is for "official servers"  (pvp and pve).  I don't think you even understand that there are official pve servers because you uselessly point out there are more players on "official servers", which makes no sense at all.

If you want to make the suggestion that it's for all the servers, then pve people get to talk about how it affects pve.  If you don't like that, then go post it in the pvp forum.

10 hours ago, Daish said:

its meant to be a hard core game why shrink the world down by allowing players to teleport 

"Hard core" is a meaningless term.  I don't think Grapeshot has ever used that in advertising the game.  Even so,  you could just as well say it's meant to be a hard core game, why do players get to resurrect after they die?  Because nobody would play if they couldn't, that's why.  There's no point in restricting travel on the pve servers, and even with fast travel, it usually only gets you part way to where you need to go, then you sail the rest.  It's not a big deal on pve, and there's no reason to restrict it there.  Pvp is a different story.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daish said:

I have seen nothing whatsoever from Wildshot that indicates this game is or has ever been intended to be hardcore. Unless you can cite something verifiable from the developers to support this claim, why should anyone regard this statement as anything other than something you personally want to be true but is not necessarily what the developers intend?

14 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I have seen nothing whatsoever from Wildshot that indicates this game is or has ever been intended to be hardcore. Unless you can cite something verifiable from the developers to support this claim, why should anyone regard this statement as anything other than something you personally want to be true but is not necessarily what the developers intend?

The only hardcore part of the game is the intended constant grind/play that every similar game type has. Else there is absolutely nothing hardcore in these "survival" games. They evolve around the concept of losing what you have build, nothing more.

If you need to warp around bases then you have to many to maintain. It's a sailing game. And pve you can dock save everywhere.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2019 at 8:50 PM, Shintai said:

that's part of fast travelling 
if you only allowed people to spawn in their current zone after a death that's a easy fix 

On 2/25/2019 at 12:35 AM, boomervoncannon said:

you can cage a player and force feed them strip them and chain them up drag their bodies around and do anything you want

wtf game have you been playing there is not even a suicide option the developers want you to suffer you cant even delete your character and start over 

1 hour ago, Daish said:

that's part of fast travelling 
if you only allowed people to spawn in their current zone after a death that's a easy fix 

you can cage a player and force feed them strip them and chain them up drag their bodies around and do anything you want

wtf game have you been playing there is not even a suicide option the developers want you to suffer you cant even delete your character and start over 

If captured you can yell until yourself to death. Just because you didn’t know the solution doesn’t mean there isn’t one and citing a single mechanic and claiming that make the game hardcore isn’t a compelling argument. Again, unless you can cite something verifiable from the developers stating the game is intended to be hardcore, its just your unsupported opinion. An opinion I haven’t seen anyone else express. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

If captured you can yell until yourself to death. Just because you didn’t know the solution doesn’t mean there isn’t one and citing a single mechanic and claiming that make the game hardcore isn’t a compelling argument. Again, unless you can cite something verifiable from the developers stating the game is intended to be hardcore, its just your unsupported opinion. An opinion I haven’t seen anyone else express. 

you cant yell yourself to death if someone is keeping you alive its impossible to die unless they leave you alone for a long period of time 

5 minutes ago, Daish said:

you cant yell yourself to death if someone is keeping you alive its impossible to die unless they leave you alone for a long period of time 

There is no ingame gag. You can yell yourself to death and there isn’t really much they can do about it. How exactly woukd they prevent it?

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

There is no ingame gag. You can yell yourself to death and there isn’t really much they can do about it. How exactly woukd they prevent it?

i cant tell if you are retarded or you are just trying to troll 

Just now, Daish said:

i cant tell if you are retarded or you are just trying to troll 

Ad hominem attacks do not make your case more compelling and since you didn’t answer the question but instead chose to insult me, the question of who is trolling whom is an open one.

• Like 1

Solution is simple. Make a server without fast travel , or at least with severely limited, as in within a zone.

If 99 percent of the population moves there and the population grows...you have a winner. 

I'm pretty sure there is a HUGE demand out there for FFA full loot mmo . People are starving for it, with fast travel the world is not massive...every zone is one bed away. People want to discover and travel, the want a huge world to play in . They want an economy,trade etc. 

They want to play with their friends they don't want to have to be in  a giant blob in order to have a little patch of an island because some zero can teleport anywhere and they don't want to be able to t3leport all over the place. Why have a giant map at all.? Just make a bunch of battle grounds.

They don't want to be anywhere near the mega clans and Thier annoying bossy nerd guys yelling orders and 100 screaming Virgin discords

Without fast travel I guarantee there are some 30 man clans out there that would be rocking some of these so called " megas" shit.

What fast travel does is remove the tactics and thinking from the game. It replaces it with zerg.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 2

Conquering huge areas should take a long ass time and require populating and building up the zones. Not naked flag dropping and teleporting.

Actual politics with actual populations .  Imagine that game.

Why Black Stabbath thinks every person in the game thats not him is a "virgin" or "nerd" is some introspection hes going to need to do on himself. Most gamers are just normal dudes, but his point is valid. 

Fast travel as it exist is terrible and counter intuitive to the premise of the game.

Argument: "Its ok as is bc there is a timer and you arrive naked."

False, the timer per bed, that you can have unlimited of? Or when you arrive naked and right next to your teleporter you have a stash of gear. Thats what everyone does now. Try to be less naive.

Argument: "I have a life,  how donyou expect me to do inspections and maintenance on my 2nd 3rd and 4th islands/grids?!"

Your part of the problem. Notice how everyone is complaining about trying to find land, while those who have it already need 0 effort to defend it? Ever wonder why peeps want the claim system redone and a wipe? This is why. Why should anyone be allowed to beam up to thier 2nd grid in seconds to defend becuase they were immediatly alerted to who what and where an attack is going on. 

Argument: "I wont be safe if I leave my base and cant travel back."

I think everyone is fine with beds being personal only and capped at 2. I can see 3, but id suggest 2 myself.

Argument: "Who has time for all that sailing! Its sooo boreing!"

.....you bought a game.....about sailing...as a pirate

.....you....bought.....a....game....about.....sailing......as....a....pirate....

?????

Also, its not boreing, but thats like, your opinion man.

Argument: "This is a PVP thing and shouldn't be a change in PVE"

Well, there is still land claim issues on PVE I hear. Further more, at no point so far have the 2 modes recieved differing updates. I would assume this would remian the same. Reguardless, this would still benefit smaller companies who would have more of a chance to get claims down before the red shirts start beaming in.

I have to assume if you are hard against this, you either dont like what the game is about...dot dot dot...see above. Or are simply stretching your reach to far with no effort, likely in a bigger company. I get it, megas wanna be England back in the day, but its just not helping the game bros. It has to take SOME effort to maintain that claim besides, port and smash.

Hell, there is an argument to be made that the claim system just needs some minor tweaking and not an overhaul if the beds are revised and the theme of the game maintained.

Did I miss any?

-CS

I dont think EVERYONE is a virgin or nerd my dude. 

Have you ever been in large clan coms with a bunch of randoms you dont know? 

If those aren't virgins and nerds I am being very polite in my description of them ;).

My point is people want to play with thier friends not be forced to play with strangers.

Edited by Back Stabbath

I can't help to think that the bed travel is working as intended.

For a start, you can't carry anything when bed travelling and it makes boats totally the only way to carry materials... I had a plan to plant beds on various known 'treasure map' islands.  So it saved me from having to take a boat... but in my eagerness forgot that you had to have the map on you 🙂 

We have boats for everything...  exploration boat, resource collection boat, combat boat, and an ark for animal transport.  Bed transport doesn't negate any of that.  Sometimes during a suicide tiger kiting exercise we may crash into the timer, but all other times it's a pain free way to resource on another island / different scenery. 

Can't comment on PvP, I don't play on PvP servers for a very specific reason!   😛

Also for those wanting to be England back in the day.

Guess what.....they didnt have magic teleporting beds  they had todo this thing called colonizing.

It should take time and politics to take over the world. It should be years to take over the world. 

Fuck   eve is the best conquest game ever.. it's what 20 years old?

Politics guys.. populate the game ...naked flag spamming and teleporting doesnt make a fun or deep game..wtf