Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

Once again, this is NOT fun.

29 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Once again, I was able to feed once from that position.  I stayed still, watching the timer, and just as it was about to reach 0:00, she hit me, and hit every single time I tried to approach that spot again.  That is not fun.  Once again, it is not fun.  Instead of defending a bull shit game mechanic such as "Oh, you have to find the magical sweet spot where you can feed from," how about a better way to tame, that's actually fun.

I have an even better thought...how about we get rid of tames, and just have our crews forage along with us.  How about a command to have them mine trees, brush, rocks, etc...?  What they get depends on which tool you give them.  Would be more realistic than an elephant gathering wood for you. 

The trick is to always wear armour when taming if having trouble with it hitting you.

It can be a life saver as it stops you dying quickly and recover health.

As for taming, it does work but like yourself I had trouble finding the right spots at first also. You have to go in on the right side, near belly on an angle towards its head. Never go near front it will just throw you far away.

If you still having trouble taming then probably best to just buy them from people. I know @Puppies4ever sells them who might be able to help, worth asking I guess. Hope you manage to tame them though.

1 minute ago, DannyUK said:

The trick is to always wear armour when taming if having trouble with it hitting you.

It can be a life saver as it stops you dying quickly and recover health.

As for taming, it does work but like yourself I had trouble finding the right spots at first also. You have to go in on the right side, near belly on an angle towards its head. Never go near front it will just throw you far away.

If you still having trouble taming then probably best to just buy them from people. I know @Puppies4ever sells them who might be able to help, worth asking I guess. Hope you manage to tame them though.

Once again, that is what I did.

On unofficial servers, there isn't somebody to go to to buy tames.  I shouldn't have to.  If the feed message lights up, it should eat.  Clipping stopping it?  Stop clipping.  Fix the damn code.    Like it or not, a lot of people do not like this game, and things like this are one of them.  I talked a friend into buying the game.  We fought AotD for treasure.  When a soldier went into the ground and came back at full heath, he said, "I understand all the negative reviews now," and hasn't logged back in since.

I want this game to thrive.  I am trying to point out things that drive people away.  I do not understand people trying to defend what is killing the game, and yes, this taming system is horrible and MUST be changed.

2 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Once again, that is what I did.

On unofficial servers, there isn't somebody to go to to buy tames.  I shouldn't have to.  If the feed message lights up, it should eat.  Clipping stopping it?  Stop clipping.  Fix the damn code.    Like it or not, a lot of people do not like this game, and things like this are one of them.  I talked a friend into buying the game.  We fought AotD for treasure.  When a soldier went into the ground and came back at full heath, he said, "I understand all the negative reviews now," and hasn't logged back in since.

I want this game to thrive.  I am trying to point out things that drive people away.  I do not understand people trying to defend what is killing the game, and yes, this taming system is horrible and MUST be changed.

Oh ok sorry, i thought you were on official. Well sometimes it does that, if you're in right position and still not working try another.

I agree the taming could be better and improved but it does work. I don't play unofficial so can't help you there sorry. Best to find someone on server your on to help in game if possible.

Just now, DannyUK said:

Oh ok sorry, i thought you were on official. Well sometimes it does that, if you're in right position and still not working try another.

I agree the taming could be better and improved but it does work. I don't play unofficial so can't help you there sorry. Best to find someone on server your on to help in game if possible.

The problem is one of vision.  The Program Lead, obviously thinks everything in a game must be arbitrarily challenging to the point of being frustrating.  Meanwhile, the game has seriously bad code, like the fact that an animal can fall part way through the wall.  Why does it even do that?  That's been solved in game design.  Why are we using a bola to catch an elephant, and not a large cage?  Why does every last thing have to be a repetitive mini-game?

1 hour ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Once again, I was able to feed once from that position.  I stayed still, watching the timer, and just as it was about to reach 0:00, she hit me, and hit every single time I tried to approach that spot again.  That is not fun.  Once again, it is not fun.  Instead of defending a bull shit game mechanic such as "Oh, you have to find the magical sweet spot where you can feed from," how about a better way to tame, that's actually fun.

I have an even better thought...how about we get rid of tames, and just have our crews forage along with us.  How about a command to have them mine trees, brush, rocks, etc...?  What they get depends on which tool you give them.  Would be more realistic than an elephant gathering wood for you. 

just cause you cant tame that doesnt mean is impossible 🙂 people try to explain u how to do it and u are just beeing salty

2 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

2 Threads you spam that taming is broken. 

ITS NOT!!! 

Many people explained you "How to tame" and you ignored it. Whats your goal?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

2 Threads you spam that taming is broken. 

ITS NOT!!! 

Many people explained you "How to tame" and you ignored it. Whats your goal?

I know how to tame.  I have tamed creatures.  When the text lights up that feeding is possible, but it's not, that's broken.  People other than you fanboys understand that.

Beyond that, the taming system is simply not fun...not immersive, not believable as a viable way to tame an animal.  You don't tame creatures by abusing them.

32 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Patch notes say abusing protection. People told you its abusing protection.

What should we say until you will understand? 🙂

And what don't you understand that if the text says the tame is able to be fed, and you cannot, what don't you understand about that being broken?  What should people say for you to understand that?

Beyond that, the system itself is absurd.  No animal would ever be loyal to you after you nearly kill it several times.  No food you feed it will make up for that.  It's not immersive at all.

23 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

So I get THIS close, and have the message saying to feed, but it won't eat.  So I go to the other side, right behind her front leg, and she eats...once, and right before she was to eat again, she hits me, and will NOT let me back in that spot.  From the front is a no-go.  She hits every time, before you even get the message to remove the bola.
20190220072901_1.jpg

So I end up with this...
20190220073154_1.jpg

Simply not fun.  There is literally nothing fun, or challenging about this taming system.  It's tedious and frustrating.  Mostly frustrating.  Here's the thing...I'm really not interested in this being some sort of mini game when you get right down to it.  I just want her so I can gather wood.  I would be just as happy...no, strike that...I would be ecstatic...more happy...actually happy, to just tame it like a cow.  Anything is better than this bullshit.  This just isn't fun at all.

Speaking of broken, how the hell are you going to feed the elephant when you staning on top of his head? youre on the wrong side dude!?

I call exploit abusing right here 😄

1 minute ago, Knivet said:

Speaking of broken, how the hell are you going to feed the elephant when you staning on top of his head? youre on the wrong side dude!?

I call exploit abusing right here 😄

Well, for starters, I am standing on the ground, behind it's head.  Second...good point, why can I feed wolves from that location?  Why do I get the indication that feeding is possible?  In fact, since we are talking about what is not believable, why would an animal be loyal to me after I nearly kill it several times?  Thanks for understanding that the system is completely absurd.

9 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Well, for starters, I am standing on the ground, behind it's head.  Second...good point, why can I feed wolves from that location?  Why do I get the indication that feeding is possible?  In fact, since we are talking about what is not believable, why would an animal be loyal to me after I nearly kill it several times?  Thanks for understanding that the system is completely absurd.

Once again, how does a wolf pack follow one wolf? By dominating all other wolfs.. as soon as that wolf falls apart, hi will be removed from the throne.. so yeah, thats how nature does it 🙂 I would say knowlage of ppl complaining is absurd.

And yeah, behind a head of the wolf is same in size right? you can reach a mouth of an elephant just as easy as a wolf when standing behind his head 😄

I see no point in bumping this thread anymore since i stand my point, happy taming 🙂

Edited by Knivet

58 minutes ago, Knivet said:

Once again, how does a wolf pack follow one wolf? By dominating all other wolfs.. as soon as that wolf falls apart, hi will be removed from the throne.. so yeah, thats how nature does it 🙂 I would say knowlage of ppl complaining is absurd.

And yeah, behind a head of the wolf is same in size right? you can reach a mouth of an elephant just as easy as a wolf when standing behind his head 😄

I see no point in bumping this thread anymore since i stand my point, happy taming 🙂

OK, I tried to be nice the last time....once again, what makes wolves follow other wolves does not work for humans.   A wolf follows the other wolf because that wolf showed that it is the strongest.  Humans do not dominate a wolf to gain it's loyalty.  They earn it's trust by showing the wolf first, that they are not a threat to the wolf.  Second, they show the wolf that there is a benefit to being friends, usually by giving it food.  For a wild animal, food is life.

As to the elephant, look at the picture again.  When the elephant fell between the two pillars, its head is not to the side.  It is vertical.  You can see it's mouth plain as day dumb dumb.  Or can you not see that?  I'm actually much closer to its mouth there, than where I fed it the one time from.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

8 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

How about this...animals should not clip through walls and pillars.  Many games have this now, where characters and NPCs don't clip through walls.  What is this, 1999, or 2019?

The taming system is not fun. 

but they do , and the ability to feed then when doing so was removed , make a bigger pen so u can get in the pen with it , and feed it that way , 

OK, I tried to be nice the last time....once again, what makes wolves follow other wolves does not work for humans.   A wolf follows the other wolf because that wolf showed that it is the strongest.  Humans do not dominate a wolf to gain it's loyalty.  They earn it's trust by showing the wolf first, that they are not a threat to the wolf.  Second, they show the wolf that there is a benefit to being friends, usually by giving it food.  For a wild animal, food is life.

As to the elephant, look at the picture again.  When the elephant fell between the two pillars, its head is not to the side.  It is vertical.  You can see it's mouth plain as day dumb dumb.  Or can you not see that?  I'm actually much closer to its mouth there, than where I fed it the one time from.

the abilty to feed when clipping through objects was removed in a patch , u cannot feed it when it is clipped through walls/pillars , not hard to understand

Edited by UDO

Okay little salty kid stop trolling uns pls.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UDO said:

the abilty to feed when clipping through objects was removed in a patch , u cannot feed it when it is clipped through walls/pillars , not hard to understand

Is it hard to understand that if it cannot be fed, it should not be giving the signal that it can?  Not hard to understand.

15 minutes ago, UDO said:

but they do , and the ability to feed then when doing so was removed , make a bigger pen so u can get in the pen with it , and feed it that way , 

That pen is a square the size of a Large gate, and has the gate on one side to allow the elephant in.  How fucking much bigger does it need to be?  And, FYI, those are pillars.  no reason to deny the ability to feed.  It has no problem hitting me, so what fucking exploit can this be stopping?  It fell between pillars one foundation apart.  Meanwhile, the five bears I tamed all fell through door frames, but tamed just fine, once I removed the foundations just outside the door frames, allowing me to find some arbitrary and idiotic spot where the bears wouldn't bite me from.  Yeah, still right in front of it's mouth...it's looking right at me, but now it doesn't want to bite me?  Dumbest fucking shit ever.

13 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Okay little salty kid stop trolling uns pls.

Little child, I am almost certainly old enough to be your father.  How about going back to the kids table while the grown ups talk?

14 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Little child, I am almost certainly old enough to be your father.  How about going back to the kids table while the grown ups talk?

1. Im not a child. Im an adult.

2. When you are so old like you, why act like an salty rage kid here? Taming is fine. Community told you this so many times now and you still try to show us the opposite? 🙂

For you is taming broken.

For me its fine and there is one kid unable to tame and spams forum.

Thats it 😉

P.S. EU-PvE doing Taming workshops soon. Its free. Join and learn how to tame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puppies4ever said:

1. Im not a child. Im an adult.

2. When you are so old like you, why act like an salty rage kid here? Taming is fine. Community told you this so many times now and you still try to show us the opposite? 🙂

For you is taming broken.

For me its fine and there is one kid unable to tame and spams forum.

Thats it 😉

P.S. EU-PvE doing Taming workshops soon. Its free. Join and learn how to tame.

Your reading comprehension sucks.  I tame creatures.  Bears, wolves, etc...  However, the code is broken.  Just because you and NOT THE COMMUNITY, but a few fanboys, say you are OK with it, does not make the code not broken.  And that doesn't even cover the fact that YOU are defending a system that looks more like animal abuse, than any real method that would actually tame a creature.  So it's not the least bit immersive, fanboy.

29 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Your reading comprehension sucks.  I tame creatures.  Bears, wolves, etc...  However, the code is broken.  Just because you and NOT THE COMMUNITY, but a few fanboys, say you are OK with it, does not make the code not broken.  And that doesn't even cover the fact that YOU are defending a system that looks more like animal abuse, than any real method that would actually tame a creature.  So it's not the least bit immersive, fanboy.

Check posts again. 1-3% says taming is broken. 

Thats it 🙂

• Like 1

OP is correct, taming is buggy, frustrating and poorly designed. The fanboy argument - which also seems to be Grapeshot's position - is "so what, it's still technically possible to do". That's why this game is dead

• Thanks 1