merlin66676

Aging mechanic FOY idea

So I was brainstorming an idea and will throw this out, making a couple assumptions based on things I've heard. One, that there may be floating islands in the future, and two that aging was an idea to allow you to have kids or something like that. Also I know this would work much better in a RPG game, but give it a thought and see what you think. Also this idea would require a major rework, or server wipe here and there maybe.

So the idea of aging doesn't seem to fit, so, instead of a fountain of youth just resetting and boosting stats, have it actually start a new story line. How you ask:

Start of game is like now, in freeport, sail out and start your adventure....

First time you do a FOY challenge, it gives a boost to stats, is done around 45 with aging slowed by 1/3, and is a much simpler system than the cave is now. Maybe a treasure map to a hidden cave that only spawns with that map?

Second time you do a FOY challenge, around age 70 you get a second stat boost, and the challenge is a bit tougher.

Third time you do the FOY challenge, around 95-100, you are respawned with age reset, allowing the following

1, you are now a child(15-20), your parent left you the following, go figure, a treasure map, with a location to your inheritance(base in ruins due to time), and a ship to get there.

2, First time through the 3 FOY challenge now unlocks access to the underwater world, giving access to subs, underwater bases, etc

Repeat 3 step FOY

2nd set of 3 FOY, you get reset again, and now have access to the floating islands, and air ships.

This would be a total of 9 runs through the FOY system, but would give a 'new' character and 'new' part to the game each time.

Now for the really psycho twist. In order to make this feasible, certain islands would have to be off limits, and set aside as 'inheritance' bases. The twist, they are partial destroyed from another company that all did the FOY. So yes, you would move to a new part of the map at random after the third FOY run, and would loose the base your group built. it would go to another group, and you would get someone else's base/island.

One issue I see is how this would work for a whole company. Done by the owner and rest of Company next respawn starts at FOY to run it, not sure.

Sorry for the long idea and I know it might be crazy, but maybe it will give an idea to someone else that might work.