Sign in to follow this  
Luxfere

SOTD new models for the new ships?

And without crew or boarding capability. The most plain dumbed down thing they could possible do. Motorboats with autoaim with omnidirect fire.

4 hours ago, Shintai said:

And without crew or boarding capability. The most plain dumbed down thing they could possible do. Motorboats with autoaim with omnidirect fire.

Which seems about right for this stage of the process. Give it time.

8 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Which seems about right for this stage of the process. Give it time.

Considering they are spending dev work on additional SOTD classes at the same style I expect no change the next few years.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Considering they are spending dev work on additional SOTD classes at the same style I expect no change the next few years.

Not sure why you would expect this. Even if they produce more SOTD's of the same style, there is no reason to expect they won't also produce NPC pirate ships or privateers or some such with different mechanics to add variety and flavor to NPC ship encounters. If we get all the way to game release in a couple of years and there is still nothing but the same old SOTD's floating around doing the same thing, then I'm right there with you, that's lazy design. But I see no basis to expect that will be the case.