Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

Official needs to have the gather/xp /taming increased

6 minutes ago, Vegetto said:

Its already easy to farm with current gathering rates. You can build a schooner in 1-2 hrs which is the fastest ship and really good to fight sotd as well. Its already perfect rates. 

Grinding is a really important part of game if everything is too easy people will quit way faster. 

You can farm a ton in 3 days with 4x and you have 4 days to sail, discover and gather diff materials for bps, you can hunt whales, fight sotd, do treasure maps, etc.

I agree. I have been doing just that so far. But I will certainly NOT turn down even easier/faster farming rates. Again many players I meet state specifically that they will only farm on weekends as it is a waste of their time otherwise and that just sounds fricking silly when we can just set the rate for all week long to 4x and be done with that.

Is the schooner the fastest ship in the game? I thought the sloop with a medium speed sail was? Thanks for the advice on that 😃

Edited by vaylain

Just now, vaylain said:

I agree. I have been doing just that so far. But I will certainly NOT turn down even easier/faster farming rates. Again many players I meet state specifically that they will only farm on weekends as it is a waste of their time otherwise and that just sounds fricking solly when we can just set the rate for all week long to 4x and be done with that.

Is the schooner the fastest ship in the game? I thought the sloop with a medium speed sail was? Thanks for the advice on that 😃

Schooner with 1 large and 1 small speed sail and galleon with 6 large speed sails are fastest ships with 20% weight. Brig is 2nd and sloop is 3rd and raft is 4th.

Oh wow! I've been making armored sloops with med speed sail. I will strive to make a schooner with that large and small speed sails, thanks.

Also keep in mind that during the week, the playerbase is always going to be lower. Especially in NA, most of us work during the week (how else can we afford rigs poweful enough to run these games). 

Farming right now is not bad, get a few tames and its easy. What we dont need is every one carelessly pumping out ships to crash them into the shores, or worse, abandon them once they’re bored.

8 minutes ago, Humcitysav said:

Farming right now is not bad, get a few tames and its easy. What we dont need is every one carelessly pumping out ships to crash them into the shores, or worse, abandon them once they’re bored.

^ This is my worry about raising up the rates, right now there is boats all over the place that haven't moved in weeks. It is an eyesore... takes away from the beauty of the game... and we won't even go into the hot mess of the Golden Ruins ( the amount of boats is just maddening ). I will admit only farming on the weekend is a bitch because that is the only time everyone in my company is on and we would like to go have the fun adventures. But I am not bitching, I just have to do a little bit more work during the week so we can all go have fun on the weekend. 😁

1 minute ago, Ivah BlackWater said:

we won't even go into the hot mess of the Golden Ruins ( the amount of boats is just maddening ).

Tell me about it. I am still at level 100 because I cannot even complete that Foutain of Youth quest and just gave up on it.

I went and did the FoY last weekend and really it was cake. I didn't lag to bad... once I got the cyclops pulled away from the entrance, we got in on the 3rd try. Also most FoY have zip lines in the caves, so once you are in just run straight ahead, jump on the zip line and Done!

Last weekend One other company member and I farmed a galleon out. Took about 4-6 hours to farm it+ some extra repair planks and mats. 

A galleon is a ship mostly only big companies use. 

If that wasn't very hard for two people then I think the rates are ok. 

However since they reduced the weight of everything ,doubling durability on base tools would be nice. 

I can break multiple picks just getting a load of thatch, and two hatchets getting wood. 

Edited by Mike L

I think the main point being said is, people want the gathering in the week to be upped so all the fun stuff can be done on the weekend when everyone is on. Which is understandable. But with everything there needs to be a balance, and what is that balance is the question?

7 minutes ago, Ivah BlackWater said:

I think the main point being said is, people want the gathering in the week to be upped so all the fun stuff can be done on the weekend when everyone is on. Which is understandable. But with everything there needs to be a balance, and what is that balance is the question?

That is true, but 2x is more than just for farming too. Usually my company mates and I decide to do maps on one day, and harvesting on the other. Of course it changes depending on what you want to do each week, but that varies on each person.

There are only two harvesters in my company, we dont mind it at all since we came from Ark which had much lower rates. We usually use Monday or Sunday night to fill all of our mat storage, and it lasts throughout the week until its time for the next weekend project. Setting your own schedule is up to you and the company, not the dev team.

I really don't think we need 2x as the standard rate for harvesting, maybe a buff to taming. As far as harvesting goes this last weekend i wanted to see how quick i could solo farm a Galleon using tames. I know every island is different and i must have a good island because i was able to get all the wood thatch fiber metal and hide to complete my Galleon in a little over 4 and half hours.

I just gather, treasure map, tame and adventure from Friday until Sunday. I just do base maintenance and map collection during the week. Tames are fine for gathering, regular tools are fine for gathering. 

If you make everything easier it cheapens the experience. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Humcitysav said:

Also keep in mind that during the week, the playerbase is always going to be lower.

I honestly think this is the sole reason for 2x weekends. To give weekend warriors a chance to actually progress. People do have jobs and most are 9 to 5.