Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

Official needs to have the gather/xp /taming increased

1 minute ago, Vorxius said:

Yep we only harvest / farm at the weekends.  Not enough life to try to build anything meaningful during the week.

Especially maps, why do a map on Thursday, when if you wait 2 days you'll get double, and, get more in because it's weekend.

I'd personally like 2x to be normal, and be done with weekend rates.. but as it is, it encourages me to have a life during the week and play atlas at the weekend  😉   Well, i log in for 20 seconds to reset the timers during the week........

The rate needs to be increased permanently and No more weekend bonuses. This was my point exactly.

Just now, vaylain said:

The rate needs to be increased permanently and No more weekend bonuses. This was my point exactly.

and I agree 🙂   

Here are the facts, you decide. Brig 40med plates 432 X 40 = 17,280. 3 decks 246 X 3 = 738. Two speed and 1 handling sail 1,536. That's a total of 19, 554 pieces of wood. That doesn't count the 1,960 pieces of wood you need to build the shipyard. Grand total is 21, 512.

My metal axe can harvest 40 to 82 wood a tree. Using the highest number of 82, that equates to cutting down 262 trees. That does not count all the other materials you need. Metal, fiber, thatch, hide.

Bottom line is I want to spend more time sailing, exploring and killing SOTD, than hacking on a tree for 3 - 4 hours. ??

22 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

What makes it even worse is the stupid Taxing system someone came up with. You get less of what you gather. I've seen 30%. And don't talk to me about tames doing your work. An elephant may harvest more if it doesn't have to stam up every two trees, and I can harvest thatch better with my metal pick axe. The only decent tame is a bear for fiber. 

Ya....2x to 4X sounds good to me.

Sound like you're taming low level throw aways. People say the same about Rhinos but I can fill half an inventory before resting for stam. Also, unless you're pumping all of your levels into weight both tames will out perform you and your pick/axe (with the exception of thatch). Time is a resource too and idk about you but I cant carry 10k wood or 2.5k metal by hand but my tames can.

24 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

What makes it even worse is the stupid Taxing system someone came up with. You get less of what you gather. I've seen 30%. And don't talk to me about tames doing your work. An elephant may harvest more if it doesn't have to stam up every two trees, and I can harvest thatch better with my metal pick axe. The only decent tame is a bear for fiber. 

Ya....2x to 4X sounds good to me.

Your elephant runs out of stamina snd you think pick id better? And thats why they should buff harvesting rate? 🙂

When you run out of stamina with elephant, then you did something wrong. You spam LM? You put no points in stamina?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Well yes, since you can lose those brigs overnight to griefers, sure.

Assuming you have at least 4 people in your company, that's about an hour investment on current rates.  16 people farming 30 min for two? What more do you need?

1 minute ago, Nari said:

Sound like you're taming low level throw aways. People say the same about Rhinos but I can fill half an inventory before resting for stam. Also, unless you're pumping all of your levels into weight both tames will out perform you and your pick/axe (with the exception of thatch). Time is a resource too and idk about you but I cant carry 10k wood or 2.5k metal by hand but my tames can.

I can carry 800 in weight though =p

4 minutes ago, vaylain said:

I can carry 800 in weight though =p

And the elephant avg is about 3 to 5000. The Rhino avg is just shy of that.

Edit: On top of that they re-added reduction sooo...

Edited by Nari

18 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

Arn't we discussing gather rates without tames.? Maybe not IDK

Yes and no. As suggested by Boomer. 2. Get your hands on tames and/or gear that will boost your gathering yield.

52 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Hey, its fine to me. If Grapeshot does not mind the lack in players Mon-Fri and their influx on weekends then they should keep the standard model by all means. If the game ends up flopping, they can lay off their employees and file bankruptcy I care not...

But that is why they and many other MMOs use this model - simply because it does make them more money.  MMOs are about social engagement that keeps you in the game which brings others into the game, that is more likely to happen on weekends when people can play all day rather than just after work.  So it is in their best interest to encourage you to play when more people are likely available to play with.   The devs did not invent this x2 weekends in some grand social experiment, they are using it because it is proven to work in other MMOs.

No matter what, the bottom line is the normal gather rates Stink. I'd like to see 2X the norm. As far as the weekends go, up for further discussion. I'd be happy with 2X all the time. Don't forget about paying taxes.

If they did x2 all the time then they lose their incentive for players to play on weekends when others are more likely playing and to bring rage quitters back.   Which is exactly why they have done it twice now and bonus weekends are actually at 4x - it is because they need that bonus weekend to grow population.   If they stabilize on that then weekend rates simply come right back to 8x and your weekday farmer is complaining all over again and the cycle repeats.  There will never be a point where you say good enough, because x2 weekends is always better even if they start giving you that same rate on weekdays, now you covet the x2x2 of the weekend it no longer satisfies you.

28 minutes ago, Bowtie said:

Harvesting rates are fine. Work harder.

So says you, almighty god of Atlas. Thank you.

32 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

If they did x2 all the time then they lose their incentive for players to play on weekends when others are more likely playing and to bring rage quitters back.   Which is exactly why they have done it twice now and bonus weekends are actually at 4x - it is because they need that bonus weekend to grow population.   If they stabilize on that then weekend rates simply come right back to 8x and your weekday farmer is complaining all over again and the cycle repeats.  There will never be a point where you say good enough, because x2 weekends is always better even if they start giving you that same rate on weekdays, now you covet the x2x2 of the weekend it no longer satisfies you.

Look at the stats....this is NOT working. So, continuing to follow a tradition and expecting a miraculous change is not sound policy.

41 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

But that is why they and many other MMOs use this model - simply because it does make them more money.  MMOs are about social engagement that keeps you in the game which brings others into the game, that is more likely to happen on weekends when people can play all day rather than just after work.  So it is in their best interest to encourage you to play when more people are likely available to play with.   The devs did not invent this x2 weekends in some grand social experiment, they are using it because it is proven to work in other MMOs.

And yet their population dwindles...

5 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Not due to the lack of 2x that's for sure.

Every Week end we have the Bonus x2 week end, no need more for me, 

9 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Great news, new player can maybe have a land for play ! and Ugly Construction around the world maybe diseaper on EU PVE !! great news 😛 

5 minutes ago, ReilanT said:

Every Week end we have the Bonus x2 week end, no need more for me, 

Great news, new player can maybe have a land for play ! and Ugly Construction around the world maybe diseaper on EU PVE !! great news 😛 

Yes, a change in scenery would be nice for a change =p

Current gathering rate is fine and we dont need 2x which will actually be 4x which makes farming too easy. In 2x event it takes 1 day to build solo galleon.

Edited by Vegetto

1 minute ago, Vegetto said:

Current gathering rates is fine and we dont need 2x which will actually be 4x which makes farming too easy. In 2x event it takes 1 day to build solo galleon.

So? How is increased rates a bad thing? So what if we all get our Galleons faster and easier? How does this detract from the game's goal?

Edited by vaylain

I've been playing Atlas now for 488hrs thus far and it is all solo play. I could certainly use all of the gathering help I can get. With faster rates, I might be able to try bigger ships and AI crew and experience the sea life. But right now, losing my ships nightly to griefers is too painful as solo gathering during the weekday is a real bitch. I do not play with companies since most players are very immature, I tend to work strange hours, and I actually prefer playing by myself. There is no need to troll me with comments like, "go play modded servers" or "go play a different game" as I am well accustomed to playing ARK for many years now on official servers as a successful solo player. 

I can easily make do with the lower rates....but an increase seemed like a reasonable request, given the fact that many players I have come across said that they would love to see the rates increased and only farm on weekends as it is a waste of their time otherwise. My sentiments exactly.

Edited by vaylain

10 minutes ago, vaylain said:

So? How is increased rates a bad thing? So what if we all get our Galleons faster and easier? How does this detract from the game's goal?

You can't play solo in PvP and expect everything to be alright without getting offline raided by big companies without having allies.

And in PvE its way easier for solo player to build ships and sail as well as fight damned. Most of the ship sinking exploits have been fixed by now.

If the devs set the base harvesting rates as 4x and offer 8x on weekends all of the people will demand to set 8x as base. And use elephants to gather wood its very well balanced now. And you can farm 1M fiber in an hour or two in temperate or tropical regions which will last you for very long.

Its not supposed to be that easy and fast to farm.

7 minutes ago, Vegetto said:

You can't play solo in PvP and expect everything to be alright without getting offline raided by big companies without having allies.

And in PvE its way easier for solo player to build ships and sail as well as fight damned. Most of the ship sinking exploits have been fixed by now.

If the devs set the base harvesting rates as 4x and offer 8x on weekends all of the people will demand to set 8x as base. And use elephants to gather wood its very well balanced now. And you can farm 1M fiber in an hour or two in temperate or tropical regions which will last you for very long.

Its not supposed to be that easy and fast to farm.

You are incorrect. There is no need for the weekend bonus at all. Just set it to 4x and forget it. And as for griefing is concerned, Just because something has been done one way for years does not mean that there aren't better approaches. Griefing can, in fact, be better thwarted if Grapeshot would only apply themselves more towards it.

How do you know if the devs intended for it to be easier to acquire resources or not? In their Captain's Log they stated that they intend to make it easier for players to get out there and sail faster. Maybe it is their intentions to make it faster and easier to farm after all?

Edited by vaylain

12 minutes ago, vaylain said:

You are incorrect. There is no need for the weekend bonus at all. Just set it to 4x and forget it. And as for griefing is concerned, Just because something has been done one way for years does not mean that there aren't better approaches. Griefing can, in fact, be better thwarted if Grapeshot would only apply themselves more towards it.

How do you know if the devs intended for it to be easier to acquire resources or not? In their Captain's Log they stated that they intend to make it easier for players to get out there and sail faster. Maybe it is their intentions to make it faster and easier to farm after all?

Its already easy to farm with current gathering rates. You can build a schooner in 1-2 hrs which is the fastest ship and really good to fight sotd as well. Its already perfect rates. 

Grinding is a really important part of game if everything is too easy people will quit way faster. 

You can farm a ton in 3 days with 4x and you have 4 days to sail, discover and gather diff materials for bps, you can hunt whales, fight sotd, do treasure maps, etc.