Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

Official needs to have the gather/xp /taming increased

Official servers need to have the gather/xp/taming speed set to the bonus we receive on weekends. As it stands now, it is excruciatingly painful and slow to farm resources without the bonus and almost everyone I have spoken with in-game does not even log in to farm until the weekend anyway so why not just have it implemented every day instead?

Edited by vaylain

Yeah if you don't like rates there are several options:

1. Play unofficial servers with boosted rates, which is probably most of them.

2. Get your hands on tames and/or gear that will boost your gathering yield.

3. Join a company or a larger company so there are more hands to do the work.

This game is not designed to hand you everything you need to build a galleon and a huge stable for all your tames in 20 minutes. Rates are fine.

• Like 2

I also would like to have the rates increased to the weekend rate. Question is , why do they increase them for the weekend anyways ?

Keep in mind that the harvesting rates was buffed in the past.

Release we had lower harvesting rations. Then they buffed it and we had x2 everytime. Now they give us every weekend x2 on top and they buffed our harvesting tames.

There is no need to buff harvesting AGAIN! Its fine like it is.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

I also would like to have the rates increased to the weekend rate. Question is , why do they increase them for the weekend anyways ?

It's mostly to "even out" the fact that people do lose a lot of stuff to bugs etc.  As the game stabilizes and less stuff is lost to game bugs, they'll probably stop doing them as often.

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

This game is not designed to hand you everything you need to build a galleon and a huge stable for all your tames in 20 minutes. Rates are fine.

But it is designed in a way that you can lose these things within actual minutes. This creates a huge imbalance between grind and reward and if the rates were really fine we wouldn't get these bonus weekends (just as there is a reason why 2x is the standard).

Having the bonus weekend as new standard would still very far away from handing anything out for free, especially considering the current state of the game. If anything the grind is still massive even with 4x.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yeah if you don't like rates there are several options:

1. Play unofficial servers with boosted rates, which is probably most of them.

2. Get your hands on tames and/or gear that will boost your gathering yield.

3. Join a company or a larger company so there are more hands to do the work.

Is there a good fansite that will explain each tame's farming capabilities by chance? I used to use Dododex for ARK but there doesn't seem to be much support for Atlas. Thank you in advance? I am looking for a beast that farms stone.

29 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

It's mostly to "even out" the fact that people do lose a lot of stuff to bugs etc.  As the game stabilizes and less stuff is lost to game bugs, they'll probably stop doing them as often.

Why? ARK has kept their bonus weekends throughout EA on into post retail and is still going on...

Edited by vaylain

32 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Keep in mind that the harvesting rates was buffed in the past.

Release we had lower harvesting rations. Then they buffed it and we had x2 everytime. Now they give us every weekend x2 on top and they buffed our harvesting tames.

There is no need to buff harvesting AGAIN! Its fine like it is.

Except for the fact that the servers all are almost ghost towns now and everyone I have spoken with agrees that they do not like to log in and play/farm until the weekends. So it stands to reason that to improve player turnout, increase the rates as they are desired.

3 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Is there a good fansite that will explain each tame's farming capabilities by chance? I used to use Dododex for ARK but there doesn't seem to be much support for Atlas. Thank you in advance? I am looking for a beast that farms stone.

https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Taming

If you scroll down a little bit, you can see everything about the animals. What they eat for taming, and tier they are, and what they are used for.
For stone you use a rhino btw.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Abysian said:

https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Taming

If you scroll down a little bit, you can see everything about the animals. What they eat for taming, and tier they are, and what they are used for.
For stone you use a rhino btw.

Thank you very much. Appreciated.

14 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Except for the fact that the servers all are almost ghost towns now and everyone I have spoken with agrees that they do not like to log in and play/farm until the weekends. So it stands to reason that to improve player turnout, increase the rates as they are desired.

Player base is not decreasing. Never seen a ghost town Oo

I think you talk for yourself, because i know nobody who says harvesting rates are bad. Meet a lot people during my trades, but never ever heard that harvesting needs a buff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vaylain said:

Official servers need to have the gather/xp/taming speed set to the bonus we receive on weekends. As it stands now, it is excruciatingly painful and slow to farm resources without the bonus and almost everyone I have spoken with in-game does not even log in to farm until the weekend anyway so why not just have it implemented every day instead?

you say play ark and complain about the ressouce rate and taming..... there something wrong here... everything are a lot of faster than ark

13 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Player base is not decreasing. Never seen a ghost town Oo

I think you talk for yourself, because i know nobody who says harvesting rates are bad. Meet a lot people during my trades, but never ever heard that harvesting needs a buff.

I play every freaking day and night and I have seen from the last month a rapid decrease in player-base. where I used to see 80+ on my server last month, now I only see a usual 13. On weekends, this is almost double but still less than a month prior. EU PVP The Whale's Wrath.

On the two islands I play on, I have seen at least six companies abandon their structures only to have me demolish them all. They used to be pretty busy companies a month prior.  It is not based on a scientific study, just my own observations, and experience.

10 minutes ago, haseo said:

you say play ark and complain about the ressouce rate and taming..... there something wrong here... everything are a lot of faster than ark

I know. I left ARK for Atlas...

Edited by vaylain

1 minute ago, vaylain said:

I play every freaking day and night and I have seen from the last month a rapid decrease in player base. where I used to see 80+ on my server last month, now I only see a usual 13. On weekeneds, this is almost double but still less than a month prior. EU PVP The Whale's Wrath.

Maybe its your own grid. 

But player base is solid.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Maybe its your own grid. 

But player base is solid.

This may be true. I absolutely DESPISE sailing, so I stick to my two islands unless I run low on crystal...

Edited by vaylain

Player numbers ARE low, in my server we are lucky to get 5 people at one time and this is in the tropics. Sailing through other places you are lucky to see over 10 people in one server.  I am not sure about raising the resource gathering rates to perm 4x but I have learned to just farm my butt off on the weekends.

• Like 1

I suggest OP play on unofficial that has consistent high rates with no bonus weekends.

Otherwise this is what happens

x1 weekday , x2 bonus weekend

weekday farmer complains they will not play 

x2 weekday , x4 bonus weekend

x4 weekday, x8 bonus weekend

x8 weekday , x16 bonus weekend

bonus weekends are a staple of MMOs it gets people that stopped playing incentive to come back, because that customer loss is greater than the customer loss of the weekday farmer.  They would not do it if it was costing them net customers.

Edited by krazmuze

12 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

I suggest OP play on unofficial that has consistent high rates with no bonus weekends.

Otherwise this is what happens

x1 weekday , x2 bonus weekend

x2 weekday , x4 bonus weekend

x4 weekday, x8 bonus weekend

x8 weekday , x16 bonus weekend

bonus weekends are a staple of MMOs it gets people that stopped playing incentive to come back, because that customer loss is greater than the customer loss of the weekday farmer.  They would not do it if it was costing them net customers.

And where is the harm in this Ebenezer Scrooge? I do not see any evidence that an increase in rates harms the MMO in any way. Do tell, how would it ruin the game?

Edited by vaylain

Just saying that this "weekend bonus" you will find in other games as well.

Black Desert Online for example. Every weekend x2 XP. 

When somebody can play only on weekend, he has 2 days with x2. People you play from Mo-Fr have 1 day x2 and 4 days x1. Looks fair for me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Just saying that this "weekend bonus" you will find in other games as well.

Black Desert Online for example. Every weekend x2 XP. 

When somebody can play only on weekend, he has 2 days with x2. People you play from Mo-Fr have 1 day x2 and 4 days x1. Looks fair for me.

Hey, its fine to me. If Grapeshot does not mind the lack in players Mon-Fri and their influx on weekends then they should keep the standard model by all means. If the game ends up flopping, they can lay off their employees and file bankruptcy I care not...

What makes it even worse is the stupid Taxing system someone came up with. You get less of what you gather. I've seen 30%. And don't talk to me about tames doing your work. An elephant may harvest more if it doesn't have to stam up every two trees, and I can harvest thatch better with my metal pick axe. The only decent tame is a bear for fiber. 

Ya....2x to 4X sounds good to me.

I don't get this. You can already solo pump out a brig in 3 - 4 hours in the right zone with just a bear, pick and an axe. Is the goal to pump out 2 - 3 galleys a day? What are you all  doing that this is not enough? It's too easy to build as is.

2 minutes ago, DeadbyFrag said:

I don't get this. You can already solo pump out a brig in 3 - 4 hours in the right zone with just a bear, pick and an axe. Is the goal to pump out 2 - 3 galleys a day? What are you all  doing that this is not enough? It's too easy to build as is.

Well yes, since you can lose those brigs overnight to griefers, sure.

Yep we only harvest / farm at the weekends.  Not enough life to try to build anything meaningful during the week.

Especially maps, why do a map on Thursday, when if you wait 2 days you'll get double, and, get more in because it's weekend.

I'd personally like 2x to be normal, and be done with weekend rates.. but as it is, it encourages me to have a life during the week and play atlas at the weekend  😉   Well, i log in for 20 seconds to reset the timers during the week........