fadderall

SOD Ship Of Damned Refuse To Attack

Got my 2x2 setup at Nitrado. I used a combination of Nitrado Wiki and Drac's page https://krookedskull.com/index.php?title=AtlasDSSGuide

I have 

A1 Home Server (flags disabled lawless)
A2 Regular
B1 Powerstone Islands
B2 End Boss

I have routes for NPC and SOD ships.
In sailing around testing things, I come across SOD ships. I engage them in battle. I sink them. All great, except they never fire a single ball at me. I can literally ram them and they do not shoot back. 

Any idea what setting would control this? I can find info on limiting the amount of ships but not the agro level of the SOD. SOD wont attack. How can I can control SOD attack rate?

I had a similar issue that mid battle they stopped shooting at me and never shot again...they took pity on me I guess, but I never figured out how to make them start firing again...

Yes Krazmuze I am in a cheater boat. Does that really make a difference?  I am editing the map now so cant try it out live. Is it the cheater boat or that I am in admin mode? I thought the point of the admin "cheat" codes was to test things out on the server....any documentation on this?

1 hour ago, MaLioSherGaming said:

I had a similar issue that mid battle they stopped shooting at me and never shot again...they took pity on me I guess, but I never figured out how to make them start firing again...

So did you ever get it to work again? Do you still use your server?

After they stopped shooting, I tried to provoke other ones with a cheater boat, maybe that's why they didn't attack again.  I ended up restarting the server b/c it had other issues on it.

Let me know if @krazmuze suggestion works!

Our recent testing seems to point to it being admins in cheater boats, but getting reliable data on that from all the cheater boats handed out to non admins to help them with their buggy loss?  That requires more testing ; of course everyone is going to say their cheater boat the admin gave them always draws aggro!  So you need someone honest willing to lose that boat if it does not draw aggro...

But we did extensively test this weekend, admins in cheater boats no aggro, admins in ramshackle bought with cheater mats drew aggro.  More tests needed for nonadmins in cheater boats.   

Edited by krazmuze

44 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

Our recent testing seems to point to it being admins in cheater boats, but getting reliable data on that from all the cheater boats handed out to non admins to help them with their buggy loss?  That requires more testing ; of course everyone is going to say their cheater boat the admin gave them always draws aggro!  So you need someone honest willing to lose that boat if it does not draw aggro...

But we did extensively test this weekend, admins in cheater boats no aggro, admins in ramshackle bought with cheater mats drew aggro.  More tests needed for nonadmins in cheater boats.   

I can confirm this. Also when you spawn the ship as Admin you don't need any wind to go full speed or crew to handle the sails, regardless the direction of the sail you always go full throttle even with wind directly into your face.

Cheers,

Thanks guys Im going to start back up and I will confirm if this is true for me also, but it makes sense from what I remember. 

2 hours ago, Estharos said:

I can confirm this. Also when you spawn the ship as Admin you don't need any wind to go full speed or crew to handle the sails, regardless the direction of the sail you always go full throttle even with wind directly into your face.

I noticed that too about the sails not needing crew when you summon a boat, but I did not realize about the wind. Im going to try that too.

4 hours ago, krazmuze said:

OK, I can confirm this much.

Used cheats to get resources at home port

cheat gfi wood_base 500 0 0 

Bought ramshackle at dock

Demolished sales and cheat gfi a medium speed sail

Demolished wheel and cheat gfi a new one

cheat gfi wood wall, ceilings, cannon all placed on sloop

Cheat gfi goodie box for ammo crate and balls

This configuration I ran next to a SOD ship. He aggroed and attacked. He even followed when I bolted. Seems like maybe its tied to the keel. But, in any case, the first SOD I came across attacked YAY! So, I can confirm this is different behavior from the other day when they did nothing.

UPDATE AND CORRECTION

SOD finally sunk my ramshackle. I restarted on my Galleon. My cheater Galleon. Now I sailed off to see if I got the whales working. Came across SOD's. Now they all attack the cheater ship. 

So, IDK if the cheater ship admin thing is a thing at all.

All it is is a setting there is no Admin boats guys. Cheat setignorewind 1 and Cheat setignorewind 0 That's what disables anything attacking that's a simple true and false command. This is so Admins can get around on a boat fast without getting aggro ;) Hope this helps.

• Like 1

That may be a valid command but I never knew about it until I read this. I am the only one on the server at the moment. Possible multiple things goign on.

when you was on your cheater gally did you still have your admin powers or was you a player

Edited by krazmuze

Our Admin on our server do not need to login as admin. They are always admin and can do any command without enable ling the cheat command (EnableCheat or login as Admin). And any one spawning a ship, will need no one to operate it. No agrro from SotD, no wind needed and no sure but even overweight you still go full throttle. Got to test that one when get a chance.

Cheers,

17 hours ago, krazmuze said:

when you was on your cheater gally did you still have your admin powers or was you a player

Tried a bunch of stuff today.

got on gally did not sign into admin just played as player and SOTD attacked

signed into admin , confirmed working with fly command. played as admin and SOTD attacked

tried activating infinitestats. they still attacked

tried activating god mode. they still attacked 

18 hours ago, GeekGoggles said:

All it is is a setting there is no Admin boats guys. Cheat setignorewind 1 and Cheat setignorewind 0 That's what disables anything attacking that's a simple true and false command. This is so Admins can get around on a boat fast without getting aggro 😉 Hope this helps.

tried this command setignorewind 1 and the SOTD stopped attacking

weird since I never used the command before but it appears GeekGoggles is right that is what stops them attacking.

Some further interesting. 

cheat setignorewind
cheat slomo

both seem to survive going from server to server (grid to grid) while the other commands require I log back in as admin and reapply after switching servers/grids. setignorewind also has a neat reminder next to the wind sock, it is a W crossed out.

So I still have no idea why they would not attack the other day, but all seems to work now.

If only I could get the quest fully operational and get some whales to work.........new post I guess.

There is already a guide for whales and mermaids etc on here. I followed it all mine work 😉  It's in the dedicated server section I know that much.

Here it is 

Edited by GeekGoggles

4 hours ago, GeekGoggles said:

There is already a guide for whales and mermaids etc on here. I followed it all mine work 😉  It's in the dedicated server section I know that much.

Here it is 

I read through that and dracs and a bunch more but I have no luck getting the whales to spawn. Did the destroy dinos and sailed all over the map, still no whales.

@GeekGoggles When you got whales working, did you put in the coordinates for xyz in the code or did you leave the x 0 y 0 z -700 settings? If you put in coordinates, did you translate them with drac's spreadsheet (like powerstone quest) or did you just put in actual coord from  your map?  Just curious, are you running a 2x2 as well?

I'm running a 3x3 with all Power Stones and even the boss working. But no you do not put in x and z leave them 0. That lets them spawn randomly anywhere on the map. But here try mine out make sure you have nothing else in GridEditor overriding any of these settings and all should work.

"OceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideValues": "(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/GentleWhale/GentleWhale_Character_BP.GentleWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/GentleWhale/GentleWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP.GentleWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Squid/Squid_Character_BP.Squid_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=20.000000)",

MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=20.000000)  I found 20 is a good number to see about 5-6 whales per grid. Hope this helps 😉

Edited by GeekGoggles

5 minutes ago, GeekGoggles said:

I'm running a 3x3 with all Power Stones and even the boss working. But no you do not put in x and z leave them 0. That lets them spawn randomly anywhere on the map. But here try mine out make sure you have nothing else in GridEditor overriding any of these settings and all should work.

"OceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverrideValues": "(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/GentleWhale/GentleWhale_Character_BP.GentleWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/GentleWhale/GentleWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP.GentleWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Squid/Squid_Character_BP.Squid_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=20.000000)",

MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=20.000000)  I found 20 is a good number to see about 5-6 whales per grid. Hope this helps 😉

3x3 sounds awesome, perfect size I think but too expensive on hosted. Im going to try your code now.  Thank you for taking the time.  Did you mean for the trailing comma to be there at the end after the last quote? Also, are you entering this directly in the json or pasting into the field on the server grid editor? 

The trail on the end continues my grid code. Yes it goes in ServerGrid.json you need to put it under each grid. And server boxes are not that expensive costs more to host for a year or longer 😉

Ok thanks. So do you have it in the boss grid as well? Whales show up there? I was thinking I could just put it in one grid and thats where they would be. But, you are saying that they are interconnected? The multiplier of 20 is spread over all the grids or does a multi of 20 in one grid yield about 5-6 whales at a given time in that grid?

Sorry for all the questions just confused AF right now.

13 hours ago, GeekGoggles said:

The trail on the end continues my grid code. Yes it goes in ServerGrid.json you need to put it under each grid. And server boxes are not that expensive costs more to host for a year or longer 😉

Thanks Geek and all. I now have whales WA WEE WA WOO!!!! 

I put the code in all grids. I use the Edit Server Grid software so I paste the code into the OceanEpicSpawnEntriesOverride Values box in the Edit Server dialog. I used the code from @GeekGoggles but took out the comma and the opening that you would use in the Json directly. I am now adding in the mean whales.  I had whales appear in my powerstone grid and my player grid. None appeared in endbosslevel and I have not seen any in my home grid. But, I will take it. Thar she blowsssss ARRRRRRRRRRRRG

(NPCSpawnEntries=((NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/GentleWhale/GentleWhale_Character_BP.GentleWhale_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/GentleWhale/GentleWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP.GentleWhale_SeaMonster_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=-700.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000)),(NPCsToSpawn=(BlueprintGeneratedClass'/Game/Atlas/Creatures/Squid/Squid_Character_BP.Squid_Character_BP_C'),NPCsSpawnOffsets=((X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000)),NPCsToSpawnPercentageChance=(1.000000))),NPCSpawnLimits=,MaxDesiredNumEnemiesMultiplier=20.000000)

• Like 1