Puppies4ever

Birds! How to store?

Hi,

i have a big problem with my bird storage.

I started with a cage of rails with ceilings on the top and after a few hours the birds where outside the cage. I tried solid building (Wood walls and ceilings) but after a few hours -> Birds outside.

Now my last try was a pirate cage and a solid box around......what should i say -> Birds outside......

Please guys, how you store your birds?

• Like 2

Following disabled? Throw them with double F? Passiv?

Our parrots, crows, chicken and penguin dont move at all.

Edited by Kummba

2 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

Its disabled. 

We have a few sitting around on top of Storage Boxes, they didnt move ever. No idea why yours do? The only time i encountered that was on ships, we always lost the chicken during a storm 😛

4 minutes ago, Grongash said:

We have a few sitting around on top of Storage Boxes, they didnt move ever. No idea why yours do? The only time i encountered that was on ships, we always lost the chicken during a storm 😛

I will build it on another place. Maybe just bugy for me.......

• Like 2

Yeh, tames don't move if wander is disabled. Unless they are on Passive Flee and something aggros them.

hehehe.. I feel I must edit in that they are not suppose to, but could be a bug. LOL. Seriously though, never seen them do that. EXCEPT right after an update in Ark, sometimes tames would shoot forward up to hundreds of feet away. Maybe 5 or 6 times in the years I played ark that happened.

Edited by Bryan

Got a parrot that's been sitting pretty much in the same place for over a month.  Passive, disable wandering, disable following.

15 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Sorry you nailed it.

Sometimes i use "AOE neutral" command. That could be the reason. I will try...

The animals you use for decoration need to be set to ignore group whistles. Cows, chickens, birds...

If you feel you must be able to group whistle them, set them to a different Tame Order Group. Use the pinwheel on the birds to Add Class to Tame Group 9. Do the same with the others. You can always remove them.

25 minutes ago, Bryan said:

The animals you use for decoration need to be set to ignore group whistles. Cows, chickens, birds...

If you feel you must be able to group whistle them, set them to a different Tame Order Group. Use the pinwheel on the birds to Add Class to Tame Group 9. Do the same with the others. You can always remove them.

Thanks! I will try it out.

• Like 2