delaigle

PVE Claim

Most of the claims have 20 days protection. On our region people just login to reset the timer and leave. Thats the sad part of PvE. Only 4 companies are active on our island out of so many active companies.

So like I said if they were last active when this new system was implemented then a person is going to see claims become available in about 7 days

Right, this is the same what i thinking.
Yes, after patch with the "long holiday protection timer" people get f..up. But now we are closer to the first running out timers. In 2 or 3 Weeks other Claims will be claimable because the corps are left since a month.

I was thinking about this idea:

What about if claim system is removed from PvE and make all those claimed zones like lawless zones BUT with a higher decay time, like 8 or 10 days?

I mean, we're pirates, not feudal lords like Life is Feudal MMO, so, what is the point to have this claim system? I understand the meaning on PvP servers, with all the dispute and fight into companies, trying to raid those buildings and more, but, in PvE what is the meaning? "See who has the BIGGEST ONE?" and "Who are the Master Lord of the Kingdom?"

Maybe i have a different point of view, i sail by my own, been a real pirate, visiting island by island, trying to find and gather resources and treasures, having just 2 or 3 little bases to save some resources, armor and weapons and respawn places, and maybe a don't see the point of "I want to be the feudal lord of these lands"

Would be nice if claim system will be removed or at least, be less complex.

• Like 1

You rid of land claims people will decrease server performance with all the pillars and foundation they like to place down to prevent people building on the land

5 minutes ago, Fafnir said:

You rid of land claims people will decrease server performance with all the pillars and foundation they like to place down to prevent people building on the land

Yeah, that is not a way to go.

I think land claims in pve should be able to be contested regardless of upkeep timer, for instance company A has a land claim  company B contest A's claim  which has 20 days everyday that A does not upkeep that's a day added to company B's claim then company A has regain those days by physically upkeeping that claim for everyday lost and it should be done with materials 

I like the claim system myself, it gives me room to build and use my imagination, if there was no claim system then your contending with someone building on top of you and then you are really limited to what you can do, the system needs work but not sure how to justify how much is to much or what,  I’d like to have places to get tames in different regions but with the claim system is complicates things

• Like 1

You made no sense to me, your saying that since I have a claim, the timer is at 20 days and if you decide to contest it then I have to use materials to defend that claim ?   If I log in and do nothing more than run to each of my claims then I’ve defended my claims. If I decide to not log in for a period of 2 weeks then I may be on vacation and not able to log in, that doesn’t mean I have quit playing, if I haven’t logged in within 20 days, almost a month then chances are I’ve moved to another game and really don’t care if I lose everything or not. That is kinda the system we have in place now and it makes sense.

Now as the timers run down and claims will become available people will start grabbing them up but with the new system they can’t run around spamming flags, one claim at a time, there will be 15 mins between each claim I think. Once more and more timers run down , more and more people will do less and less complaining about the system because they will have claims.

So as i experienced last night a claim was negative 38 mins I went to place claim I had to wait an additional 4 days to claim it

11 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

You made no sense to me, your saying that since I have a claim, the timer is at 20 days and if you decide to contest it then I have to use materials to defend that claim ?   If I log in and do nothing more than run to each of my claims then I’ve defended my claims. If I decide to not log in for a period of 2 weeks then I may be on vacation and not able to log in, that doesn’t mean I have quit playing, if I haven’t logged in within 20 days, almost a month then chances are I’ve moved to another game and really don’t care if I lose everything or not. That is kinda the system we have in place now and it makes sense.

Now as the timers run down and claims will become available people will start grabbing them up but with the new system they can’t run around spamming flags, one claim at a time, there will be 15 mins between each claim I think. Once more and more timers run down , more and more people will do less and less complaining about the system because they will have claims.

It makes perfect sense and it prevents the sea claim overlap exploit and it is called contesting so it should be able to be contested so make it a legit contest get some friends and stop being a land lubber 

Payment for claims would clear probably at least 50% in some time. No more problem with finding spots, cause having multiple would be not worth it.

If I wanted to be part of a company it wouldn’t be hard to do, why don’t you quit complaining about the claim system and join a company yourself instead of telling me to make some friends and quit being a land lubber ? I happen to like the way the system is now and I dealt with the claim issue just like everyone else has, all I’ve done here is offer my thoughts on what everyone else has, I’ve not once told someone to make some friends and quit being a land lubber. You don’t like what I have to say then that’s fine, I don’t expect everyone to agree on everything but I try to show POV behind my thoughts and offer suggestions without trying to piss someone off. 

I have a land claim, I’ve had several, what I wasn’t using was unclaimed or given to other players. Do you know how I got those claims ? It wasn’t from someone giving them to me, it was because I got off my ass and found them, I wasn’t one of the 1st to start playing so I could go around spamming flags, Hell no my ass had to stay logged in for hours sitting on a claim flag because if you left it you got a message about your flag was interrupted and I had to start the shit all over again.

So yeah I wasn’t here in the forums bitching about the system or telling someone to make friends, as a solo player I was working my ass off, dealing with the ships being sunk to glitches and lag and having to start back over at Freeport’s over and over because I didn’t have a bed somewhere or base setup. I did go to a lawless and build my ship once, built a sloop before the patch came out that you could build a ramshackle at a Freeport, I only offer my suggestions here based on my experience thus far in the game and I try to help everyone out that I can to keep players in the game. What have you done ? Have you offered up claims you weren’t using to help people you didn’t know ? Or you just out for yourself?

Aye, the system now is so much better than it was a month ago. And even though the flag timers are glitched to provide 21 days from last activity protection for everyone, regardless of number of flags, thats so much better than everyone getting 2 day protection of a month ago.

Another thing that needs to be looked at is how alliances and claims work on PvE.  I understand its a protection from PvP carrying over, but right now, you can't place a claim flag on an alliance member's land if their timer runs down. You have to kick them out of, or leave,  the alliance, and then take it. What is even more annoying, is that you can't claim anyone's land if it overlaps at all with an ally's land, either.

how claim can be contest if nobody in area ? It's common or a cheat ? Invisible NPC or pet can be use to perma counter claim ?

31 minutes ago, delaigle said:

how claim can be contest if nobody in area ? It's common or a cheat ? Invisible NPC or pet can be use to perma counter claim ?

I had the same issue when rearranging a claim the other day. I was trying to fill in a gap betweeen some claims, and if I went more than 10 feet away from the flag, it would let me place the flag, but tell me it was contested. This is a claim that has literally nothing on it. Its a flat island thats about 30 feet across in the middle of  some 1 foot deep shallows, the only thing bordering it was my other claim that I was trying to separate this flag from a bit more.

No boats of any kind, only 1 other player on the entire grid and he was on another island.

Edited by MeatSammich

They need to types of flags. Primary which is limited to say 5 per account and secondary which is spam. The primary can have the 21 day protection but the secondary should be one day timers. Meaning they should either end up part of a permanent claim or change hands bc nobody will daily refresh unnecessary claims. IF these greedy land hoarders "need" the land bc of size then somebody will always be keeping it refreshed.

6 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

If I wanted to be part of a company it wouldn’t be hard to do, why don’t you quit complaining about the claim system and join a company yourself instead of telling me to make some friends and quit being a land lubber ? I happen to like the way the system is now and I dealt with the claim issue just like everyone else has, all I’ve done here is offer my thoughts on what everyone else has, I’ve not once told someone to make some friends and quit being a land lubber. You don’t like what I have to say then that’s fine, I don’t expect everyone to agree on everything but I try to show POV behind my thoughts and offer suggestions without trying to piss someone off. 

I have a land claim, I’ve had several, what I wasn’t using was unclaimed or given to other players. Do you know how I got those claims ? It wasn’t from someone giving them to me, it was because I got off my ass and found them, I wasn’t one of the 1st to start playing so I could go around spamming flags, Hell no my ass had to stay logged in for hours sitting on a claim flag because if you left it you got a message about your flag was interrupted and I had to start the shit all over again.

So yeah I wasn’t here in the forums bitching about the system or telling someone to make friends, as a solo player I was working my ass off, dealing with the ships being sunk to glitches and lag and having to start back over at Freeport’s over and over because I didn’t have a bed somewhere or base setup. I did go to a lawless and build my ship once, built a sloop before the patch came out that you could build a ramshackle at a Freeport, I only offer my suggestions here based on my experience thus far in the game and I try to help everyone out that I can to keep players in the game. What have you done ? Have you offered up claims you weren’t using to help people you didn’t know ? Or you just out for yourself?

So I run a company  and I do have friends that know the grind like no other. The point you are missing it is a major balance and there are more small companies than the mega companies with my suggestion you can easily  knock the alphas out of the land control it would cost them so much in resources to maintain  giving the  little guy a fighting chance  but it's always been said live within your means 

If you want to make it hard on people with many claims then make them physically visit each claim flag to keep it contested, not using npc’s or tames but the player themselves, members of a company large, small or solo players. Those 500 flags people have would shorten up a lot because very few people would spend their time going to each flag in each region to keep it contested. I run by my flags each day, there is no reason to justify having to grind mats to keep claims, this isn’t WoW, the grind fest from hell. 

Tbh the claim system in pve is finally looking good to me, timers are coming down on vacated lands and me and all the players i interact with seem happy to be able to sleep and explore without all the old stress of having to sit on a claim alll day long.. people are finally playing the game now. 

Edited by Bob Terwillager
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

You should have a material cost for claim upkeep. Just a simple wood, fiber, hide and metal cost. The stuff you would probably need to make the claim flag. None of that would really be difficult to get and stock in flags but it would add some kind of gameplay to the claim system. It's rather bland and boring for pve.

Everyone complaining about the current claim system has to keep im mind that this game is rather a marathon then a sprint. By that i mean important changes taking time, huge fuckups are only corrected by server rollbacks, there will never be a wipe ever.

The Devs did a huge fuckup 3 weeks ago with first killing the sleeper and implementing the 3 week protection (for everyone) afterwards (2 days later?). This changed the map in a big way, and kept it in stasis for 3 weeks. Only now we/ the devs will start seeing how it plays out, because from now on there will be more claims which are claimable. I do not expect any changes to the claim system in a month timeframe.

i dont know if you have read the news Captain's log, but they speak about Land claim, with some change in the future, with maybe a claim Limitation Number, i really Laugh .. it's a great news, dev's know the problem about claim, and how player can be selfish and Greedy 

I started on the first day,  I even laid down a claim, and was doing good,

Until i traveled out of the sector and my account got deleted,

I found a new claim 2nd day, again my guy got deleted

3rd day,  Couldnt find  a claim, and went lawless

The problem is this game is set for those that 1 started first day,  2 got lucky and didnt get bbentover and screwed by the crap start,

all the new people just starting wont be able to find a claim....

Devs didnt think about longevity of the game....  why start now when you are all fuked 

6 hours ago, BoomerSwaggins said:

You should have a material cost for claim upkeep. Just a simple wood, fiber, hide and metal cost. The stuff you would probably need to make the claim flag. None of that would really be difficult to get and stock in flags but it would add some kind of gameplay to the claim system. It's rather bland and boring for pve.

Not sure how that would solve anything, large companies would have the resources already to cover the flags, have you seen some of the bases and ships companies have ? Smaller companies and solo players would never get to enjoy the game due to just having to gather resources for upkeep. Right now in the afternoons I spend most of my time making sure the npc’s have gold and food , tames have food and the ships all have resources to repair with.  I struggle keeping tames alive and without them I can’t do treasure maps to provide gold to npc’s who man the sails.

Now with the new captain log that came out they want to revamp the claim system again, I’m sitting here worried I’m going to lose my base again that I’ve sank hundreds of hours into just because I have to go to work or take a week off to spend time with my family on a vacation. 

This is really starting to get old, once you start to get ahead in the game they change something up that causes more stress and aggravation, I mean they can’t even fix the tame going invisible or alphas coming through walls yet and this will be the 3rd revamp on the claim system or fourth.