Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

I don't understand why it's just impossible to take claim in PVE ?

Now we need to wait many days for try to take one flag and when you can, you see a random player just wait to contest your claim and you can't do nothing.

It's the good way to have full map with gosht and leave player and just few troll player who fuck like PVP ? They are 3 players in my map and just with 1 i can't play.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real problem is, that a few company's have over 600 claim or a singleplayer can hold a complet island just bei walking in...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Problem was the update with "holiday protection" this resets all claims from leaving corps too.
So we have to wait 1-2 weeks more then the Claims will be rotated and its claimable.

Yes for now its a bit stupid..but over the time the claims will be claimable because of the leaving corps and the "protection" is running out.

But Yes, we still need a Flag Limit.

I dont still get it why the Devs or CEO like to see all of there islands are fully claimed and Taxiation.
If i was a designer it was nice to see some untouched Islands from Flags, because there is no need for this or it is enough space.

Everytime i sail to another islands, it breaks my "imerssion" to explore the islands when the beach is full of shipyards and ships.
So i think we need More Grids, or more Islands on some Grids. It would be so nice when you explore a island and no one is there or maybe somewhere 1 or 2 houses.

Edited by Thrandu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they reset the claim to 20 days, lame...

 

there isnt enough land to claim for 40,000 people like they bragged about,  they need to add more  islands, and maybe unlock the lawless areas

so new players can take part, not the players who logged on first day and where lucky enough not to have there accounts deleted 5 times  (like me) when trying to claim.....

o u crossed the boarder,  sorry we misplaced your guy, please start over........  while we let others get 5000 miles of claims....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am afraid that if Dev's add more islands to claim, these will be taken quickly by the big companies that already have the others...

Isn't about the number of islands, is about the number of flags you can claim. :classic_wacko:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why us on lawless we dont recive "holiday protection" 21 days on structures xd ? we are forced to be here and still we have to log eacb 4 days they just claimed like nerds but recive 21 days protection thats funny

#ATLASLOGIC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Claimsystem is totally Crap

10 seconds remain set claim flag, dont work other claim flag in Range.

the best, the claimflag rise up to 20 Days and Hours.

No Chance to take a little Landplace.

 

Comany with 3ppl caims 34 rly? WTF

 

Edited by Razalon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would you fix the system without messing up those who have already spent the time to sail and find claims, I mean the flag system has changed a few times already, if you suggest limiting claims per account then how do you decide which claims to take from those who have already built something on them, yes I know there are islands that are owned mostly by one person but how do you code to decide what that person has to give up, the count down system seems to be working but the issue is that with small companies you have a 20 day protection policy and large companies have less time but more members to keep claims active, there are people who have quit the game and several of us are patiently watching and waiting to see if that land becomes claimable.  I can’t figure out how to make things fair for new players just starting out vs players who have been here all along, I know it’s a awesome game with issues that are being worked out little by little. 

My suggestion, take it with  grain of salt or with a hill of beans, sail around and find a public building area that the timer is running down on, you’ll know because active people claims constantly reset and I know for a fact this works because I’m watching three areas myself and hoping that I am able to get one of them but I’m not the only one watching them either, build something small so you can place a bed and try to find more then one and try to be on when the timer runs out so you can place your flag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not the problem of a company of 3 people having 34 claims. It is the problem that there are incentives for people with 1 member to have 150 claims. Leaderboards on PvE for land ownership in a survival game is just silly. Read that last sentence again. Maybe read it a couple of times. I am looking at you Jat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talked to one of the top ten comps yesterday....top ten rank and has 8 active players. 8.....i imagine it takes a 1000 claims to make top ten and they have 8 players so basically less than say .5 % of the playerbase owns probably 50 -75% of the land....not because they earned it or bc they are better players but for two reasons....they have lots of time on their hands and they got into the game early. New players are screwed right now. Needs to be a cap on claims like 5-7 per player so comps have to strategically hold things not bulk hold tons. Give em a week to reset their main claim flags. After that drop the timer down to 1 day and claimable in a couple of hours so if they wanna be greedy and hold everything they can spend all their in game time refreshing crap. I imagine in pve there are prob almost no comps with over 100 ppl. Most are in the 5-10 ppl range with a handful of those active. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Talked to one of the top ten comps yesterday....top ten rank and has 8 active players. 8.....i imagine it takes a 1000 claims to make top ten and they have 8 players so basically less than say .5 % of the playerbase owns probably 50 -75% of the land....not because they earned it or bc they are better players but for two reasons....they have lots of time on their hands and they got into the game early. New players are screwed right now. Needs to be a cap on claims like 5-7 per player so comps have to strategically hold things not bulk hold tons. Give em a week to reset their main claim flags. After that drop the timer down to 1 day and claimable in a couple of hours so if they wanna be greedy and hold everything they can spend all their in game time refreshing crap. I imagine in pve there are prob almost no comps with over 100 ppl. Most are in the 5-10 ppl range with a handful of those active. 

Hope you are not talking about us because no such figure was given.

I agree that max number of flags should be based on per person.  However, where my view point differs is in the top companies listings.  Atm it being based on how much land you have is dumb for many reasons most are already away of.  Instead I think it should be based on story line completion of each member .  This could be done as a percentage within the company  6% have defeated the ship with a company score of 6 and maybe 60% gotten 1 power stone giving a score of 60 making the total score 66 and compare that value to others to determine ranking.   This means that top companies will be 1 active and 2 experienced in order to achieve the top 10 list.   It will also take pressure off of needing to own lots of land.  I do feel many top companies would downsize land claims if this was the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say your close to being right, not 100% sure but the ranking system has really messed the pve side of the game up because companies who have the most claims get acknowledged as being one of the top companies in the game. In pvp taking land and holding titles means something but in PVE it only causes problems because there is no way to take another persons claim unless they quit and wait for the timer to run down and even then it’s who can make the claim first.

Since we all have different schedules, some of us work and don’t have access to use a computer until we get home afterwards and some people work away from home but play during the weekends, so how does one take a claim that’s about to expire when your not able to be in game. Join a company is a option but like myself not everyone wants to be in a company and for people like me it’s a struggle, there is no easy solution to the claim system, I’ve seen empires that have been built on island that may take up 10 claims,  at my base I hold 5 and standing on my galleon it looks about the size of a runic cube, which 3 of my claims are sea claims so no one can build stuff to block my ships in aside from using another ship.

  Limited claims may help the issue but it won’t solve it, I’d buy another account if needed to have more land in other regions if that was the case, land claims only available to subscription based players limiting them to 25 to 50 claims per account and non subscription based players limited to 5 to 10 claims. Then your going to have people say it’s a pay to win game. There is no single good answer for the issue atm without affecting the current player base

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That perfect, i've wait 4 days to take only one claim and a solo player have run 4 hours with nothing on the island. This player have no life and no brain so when i need to stop and go work he have take all the island so i can't do nothing now it's perfect. An other game where no-life eand cheat win and never skill or other

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daemon Cross said:

I’d say your close to being right, not 100% sure but the ranking system has really messed the pve side of the game up because companies who have the most claims get acknowledged as being one of the top companies in the game. In pvp taking land and holding titles means something but in PVE it only causes problems because there is no way to take another persons claim unless they quit and wait for the timer to run down and even then it’s who can make the claim first.

Since we all have different schedules, some of us work and don’t have access to use a computer until we get home afterwards and some people work away from home but play during the weekends, so how does one take a claim that’s about to expire when your not able to be in game. Join a company is a option but like myself not everyone wants to be in a company and for people like me it’s a struggle, there is no easy solution to the claim system, I’ve seen empires that have been built on island that may take up 10 claims,  at my base I hold 5 and standing on my galleon it looks about the size of a runic cube, which 3 of my claims are sea claims so no one can build stuff to block my ships in aside from using another ship.

  Limited claims may help the issue but it won’t solve it, I’d buy another account if needed to have more land in other regions if that was the case, land claims only available to subscription based players limiting them to 25 to 50 claims per account and non subscription based players limited to 5 to 10 claims. Then your going to have people say it’s a pay to win game. There is no single good answer for the issue atm without affecting the current player base

Just limit claims max like 5-7 per paid account. Then "giant comps" still have plenty of claims but not what they have now for this bs top comp crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

How would you fix the system without messing up those who have already spent the time to sail and find claims,

Bring in a limit, let players know what that limit will be in advance - let players mark the claims they wish to keep before they flip the switch.

And if a solo, or small tribe gets upset they will lose the majority of their claims, then let them know you hope they had fun while it lasted but it's a necessary change to save the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make players pay for their claims, so those who log in only to reset timers go bankrupt and those who have too many, won't be able to provide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now gold has no real meaning. I'm solo and have gold to fully maintain Galleon and Brigantine for few months, which I wouldn't do, cause after hunting SOTDs I unclaim the crew from cannons. I have base on lawless and I don't really feel well about going on vacations... If I won't get claim before holidays I think the only option would be to make more Brigantines to at least store my goods, cause tames won't survive. I think also good option would be to be able to buy additional time on decays in lawless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, delaigle said:

That perfect, i've wait 4 days to take only one claim and a solo player have run 4 hours with nothing on the island. This player have no life and no brain so when i need to stop and go work he have take all the island so i can't do nothing now it's perfect. An other game where no-life eand cheat win and never skill or other

 

The problem is that not everyone works or has to be away from the computer/ game for hours at a time, those people are the ones who can spend time looking for claims, doing content and get the most out of the game as quickly as possible to where others like myself have to work, pay bills and support our families, we only get to play when life allows. 

Some of you suggest using in game gold to pay for claim upkeep, I’ve met one player who already accumulated over 90k in gold as to where I myself has only got 1k gold and I’ve got over 300 hours in the game. How do you justify paying for land claims like that, it boils down to who can spend the most time in the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Right now gold has no real meaning. I'm solo and have gold to fully maintain Galleon and Brigantine for few months, which I wouldn't do, cause after hunting SOTDs I unclaim the crew from cannons. I have base on lawless and I don't really feel well about going on vacations... If I won't get claim before holidays I think the only option would be to make more Brigantines to at least store my goods, cause tames won't survive. I think also good option would be to be able to buy additional time on decays in lawless.

John in roughly 7 days there will be new claims available if you look around and plan you may be able to obtain something other then lawless, I’ve helped a couple players in the game by giving them claims, if I’m able to obtain more I plan to do the same. They need to give lawless the same rules as any other region, I know lawless was designed to give new players a chance to build ships and get setup to explore and find land of there own but that didn’t go as planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mean that whoever pays more get the claim but reasonable payment would be fine. I think that at least if someone plays a little time don't deserve to have many claims at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for me 21 day of protection on PVE is a good deal, we have only one claim, for me the problem stay no limitation claim for a compagny, someone have well say, one player can claim an entière island, and it's true ... 

we need more spécific rule on our PVE server, i really think dev work on it, but it's true we would have all faster. we need to be patient

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would work fine if they just fixed the system they have in place.

 

The "PvE Upkeep Timer" when looking at the flag (green) may say 2days, but when you go to place a flag, the 20day (white) timer pops up, and you cannot place.

 

I've seen "PvE upkeep timers" on the flag go negative 3 days, and it still cannot be claimed as the flag placing timer still says 14 days. If they fix what is broke, it would work much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen "PvE upkeep timers" on the flag go negative 3 days, and it still cannot be claimed as the flag placing timer still says 14 days. If they fix what is broke, it would work much better. 

 

I’ve noticed this as well, one person has a claim and looking at his flag it shows negative and counting backwards but if you try to place a flag it shows he has 8 days  and something remaining, I check this stuff every day and the latter seems to be accurate, I’ll know more when the timer runs out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only really one problem is i'm alone in all my map and i can't claim because contest, i can't do nothing without one flag and all are inactive.

How you want put more player to play and discover the game if gosht player break all. If you can only do first things all the time and wait on sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

I've seen "PvE upkeep timers" on the flag go negative 3 days, and it still cannot be claimed as the flag placing timer still says 14 days. If they fix what is broke, it would work much better. 

 

I’ve noticed this as well, one person has a claim and looking at his flag it shows negative and counting backwards but if you try to place a flag it shows he has 8 days  and something remaining, I check this stuff every day and the latter seems to be accurate, I’ll know more when the timer runs out.

The green PVE claim timer on the flag shows the correct claim time based on number of flags the company has.

However, when placing a flag, the white timer up top always resets to the full 21 days since the company was last active in the area, regardless of number of flags they hold...which means that you can't claim for the full 21 days.

Edited by MeatSammich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×