Sign in to follow this  
Captain_ Pugwash

Anyone else seeing islands that aren't there ?

Some days I can look out from my base and see a huge island quite close , I can sail right through it though the noise  it makes is enough to make your bum twitch .

Other days it's just not there at all is it just me getting this issue or anyone else having it 

It is a graphics bug, I was getting it awful bad yesterday. As before I had only gotten it once. If you relog it will clear the glitch and you are good until it happens again.

• Thanks 1

I had a "fake Island" ontop of an settled island, i approched the fake island and reloged.

Was beached after relog, was fun ... not.

So my top list of bugs are, fake island, compass bug (allways in zoom mode), losing FOY buff and losing EQ at server crossing.

• Thanks 1

I see fake landmass sometimes. Have to leave game and reload to get it to go away.

• Thanks 1

It happens to me everytime i fast travel to a different sector/server. Somehow i then see all islands of both sectors. It was an occasional bug here and there in the past, now i get it everytime. Its gone once you relog. Extra fun if you sail close to a fake island and suddenly a SotD clips through it and shoots you right away 😛

• Thanks 1

It happens to all 7 of us 2-3 times a day. Can also have one person on a boat see it and not the others or several ppl see different islands.

• Thanks 1

What's happening is the far distance LoD of islands from a previous grid carry over when you teleport to a bed or go to a new freeport. This is what I have noticed at least.

When I get close to some of the ones that carried over from deserts or tundra biomes they are usually extremely low texture quality and polygon count. This totally gives it away that its a low LoD island meant to only show up when you are really far away from the island its supposed to represent.

So yeah these aren't mere mountains they are entire islands or at least the low level of detail version of islands you are only meant to see far in the background.

Edited by Writhes
  • Thanks 1

This is the first time I have seen a post on it.  If nobody told the devs maybe this is the first time they are hearing of it.  🙂

Its EA it will be fixed in time, I dont see these so called islands at all, maybe its a limit on your machine>?

32g of ram and 8g on my video card with plenty of room on the HD to swap