Jerrimiah

Devs please reconsider breeding timers

I guess when the cold front or heat wave hit while the temperature is max or min at my island it'll increase the time when they normally loose 30-60% so I might have to look for better spot. Also what worries me is that babies lost max 30% hp and juveniles around 60% so idk if hp drops faster or not.

8 hours ago, Jerrimiah said:

Sorry to tell you but the temperature thing has not been fixed. I watched my baby bear die from a cold snap while I sat there in a room full of grills trying to keep it warm.

Not sure what to tell you, i just raised 3 babies to adult 🙂  1000 health 200% melee 🙂

12 hours ago, DeadMeat said:

No, what you said was "Breeding is not meant to be done alone"...  plain and simple.    Barring a direct quote from a dev, you're talking out of your arse.

Taking into consideration this is EA, we don't know how difficult or annoying it is 'meant' to be.    

You have a counter argument to OP, great....voice it, but put some though and effort into beyond the pedantic BS.

Taking into consideration that the game is based on Ark, with the same team (almost).
In Ark breeding "is not meant to be done alone" and is end game.

So yes, we can easily asume that's same gameplay mechanic, not to be done alone, and end game.
Simply as that.

The major problem breeding had, was coldwave and heatwave, which insta killed baby.
Impregnation on baby is the most OP thing you can get on Atlas, bear with ~2500 health and ~250 atck.
With that, you can easily get to a bear with ~5000k and 300-350% atck.
If any solo player could do that, it won't have any sense, what end game does it have except that ?

Edited by globytheoldpirate

Where did you get these numbers from? How many impregnations to reach this point? Why would it depend on whether you are solo or not? If someone is determined enough, will sit 50 hours straight if necessary, how will you stop him? It shouldn't be a case.

2 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

If any solo player could do that, it won't have any sense, what end game does it have except that ?

You have kraken, probably quests soon for the team, company wars etc.

I think that even in company of 20 players could be hard to get people to watch temperature all the time and if so, you could do it much faster, one after another while others probably only on weekends.

3 hours ago, John Doe said:

Where did you get these numbers from? How many impregnations to reach this point? Why would it depend on whether you are solo or not? If someone is determined enough, will sit 50 hours straight if necessary, how will you stop him? It shouldn't be a case.

Solo player can do, but hard. And need a lot of time.

2 hours ago, John Doe said:

You have kraken, probably quests soon for the team, company wars etc.

Kraken is a sea boss, for land boss we'll need these impregnated creatures. And so, people will buy theses on market (as too hard to be achieve solo if you don't have time. So you could buy some with gold/ressource, as in Ark).

Do you played Ark before ? Seems not :/
Cause it was really the same, and part of gameplay/endgame.

Breeding was hard, need patience/luck (expetially for mutation), but with that, you could "create" awesome creature, wich peoples needed for bosses.
Breeding is a big part for market :D 

I would love to see some sort of mechanic were the mom feeds the baby.  Like the baby draws off the moms food.  That way it would take a much longer time before you need to feed again because the parent animal has a lot of food so you might have to feed every 8 hours or something.  IT would also make putting points into food of the breeders worthwhile.  Plus it makes more sense then cramming raw animal meat down an infants throat...baby mammals don't eat meat they nurse.  we all know this.

3 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

So you suggest that people can't log out or leave babies on their own?

I mean to leave them, after you provide them with right conditions. Now when they can eat, the only thing is to set up temperature right.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:31 AM, war machine said:

Not sure what to tell you, i just raised 3 babies to adult 🙂  1000 health 200% melee 🙂

Did you stay all maturation online or with friends help?

13 hours ago, John Doe said:

So you suggest that people can't log out or leave babies on their own?

I suggest to people to not play solo, as the game isn't meant to be played solo, as you can see with multiple feature, as skills

I play solo since I started and I have 500+ hours. What you say, concern only PVP and as I know, for solo, its a struggle. If I played there probably wouldn't even think of breeding. Level 53 and still don't know what to do with 19 points. I don't think about joining up anytime soon and would really appreciate if I was able to breed and sleep meantime.

On 2/19/2019 at 5:31 PM, John Doe said:

If you have a problem with spoiling food try berries, wheat, turnip, potatoes... 

Just checked and they eat all of that.

On 2/20/2019 at 9:25 AM, globytheoldpirate said:

Kraken is a sea boss, for land boss we'll need these impregnated creatures. And so, people will buy theses on market (as too hard to be achieve solo if you don't have time. So you could buy some with gold/ressource, as in Ark).

Do you played Ark before ? Seems not 😕
Cause it was really the same, and part of gameplay/endgame.

Breeding was hard, need patience/luck (expetially for mutation), but with that, you could "create" awesome creature, wich peoples needed for bosses.
Breeding is a big part for market 😄

all you're doing is making assumptions and trying to present them as fact of intended design.     My point still stands, perhaps you need the reminder the intent of this to be in EA an approximate 2 years if I recall correctly...

On 2/22/2019 at 4:42 PM, DeadMeat said:

all you're doing is making assumptions and trying to present them as fact of intended design.     My point still stands, perhaps you need the reminder the intent of this to be in EA an approximate 2 years if I recall correctly...

What I am doing is : Ark existed before, and Atlas works the same way for a lot of features. Expecially end game

What you are doing is making assumptions and trying to present them as fact on an EA project that it at it's beginning of it's EA cycle and nowhere near it's end, in a thread created by another asking for a change.

• Confused 1

Yea, I'm sure you're confused...  because you seem to think this is 'Ark' 

from the 'update'...

" ATLAS is, especially to solo players and smaller groups, and ensure that those who cannot invest as much time are still able to experience the fun that ATLAS has to offer. "

Dang maybe, just maybe it's not all just about 'groups' as you think it is... "I suggest to people to not play solo, as the game isn't meant to be played solo,"

On 2/18/2019 at 3:10 PM, Jerrimiah said:

So after reading the patch notes for 18.87, specifically:

I thought I would give breeding another attempt.

After discovering that the patch did not take this into account, yes the baby is still affected by heatwave and coldfront, I also discovered that the timers for the various stages were ridiculous.

1. Maturation - 4 hours
2. Juvenile to imprint - 8 hours
3. Juvenile to second imprint - 8 hours

Didn't get past the second imprint so no idea if there was another after this.

The times for these various stages are too long. Devs please reconsider these times, at the minimum they should be half of what they currently are.

Breeding ain’t suppose to be easy. I play solo and manage to raise 14 razortooths at one time and work 12 hour shifts.it is possible  

OK, not the world's greatest breeder but I'm the only breeder in our company. I have never lost any bears due to temps. Yes its a pain in the a**e for the first 4.5 hours to get them to 10% but once you're there the temps do not make the slightest bit of difference. For the first 10% though you just need a well set up breeding pen with plenty of heat/cooling depending upon which biome you're in. The food on the other hand is a nightmare, I normally go through about 2000 chili's for the first 10% (I breed my bears in 3 pairs so 3 cubs as standard 4 if I get twins). After that I have four troughs i fill with chili's that will last the entire imprinting process. The hardest part i find is timing the initial breed so that you're not having to get up at silly o'clock for an imprint. 

So yeah, its doable solo but difficult. Is also much easier if the natural temps are too cold cos its much easier to warm a room up than cool it down.

Peace guys and gals

For bears it depends on the biome, definitely.  In temperate zones you can have a great setup where the temp doesn't even play a part!  When the cubs are born the only thing I have to do is make sure they have food.  I use potatoes (they eat one every thirty seconds or so). At first they can hold 7 at a time but within a few minutes they can hold much more.  When they get to 3&1/2 stacks of veggies - usually around 2.5-2.6% maturation - they're okay to leave until  they're fully mature.  The only thing is you have to make sure they have enough food.  I have two troughs that I fill completely with veggies (they last longer than berries), and depending on how many I breed I may have to refill one of them if not both at least once.  If you're doing 1-5 cubs, one refill should be enough, but if you're doing 6-12 it's a bit more work - you may have to refill the trough 2-3 times.

I'm doing these bears solo, so I don't always have time to get all the imprints.  I'm not worried about that because I only start imprinting my bears when I max out the stats...

LoJack