Sign in to follow this  
Bloody Blackjack

PvP and Teleporting.

In my opinion. you should not be able to travel across server line via beds on pvp servers. This is a pirate game. Theres hardly any boats for miles. I sailed for 6 hours and saw TWO un-anchored ships the whole voyage.  As well as territory control. How is any small group ever supposed to take a piece of land. if mega companies can spawn in players and allies from all ove the atlas, the moment you set a claim flag down..

If you run out of beds on a server. you go to the freeport. 

no fast travel between servers.. that is PVE rules.

You know, that i know, that you know, that i am right.

• Like 1

X amount of distance travel'd X respawn timer added maybe and the more you instant travel the longer the respawn same way getting killed in pvp works 

5 minutes ago, Daish said:

X amount of distance travel'd X respawn timer added maybe and the more you instant travel the longer the respawn same way getting killed in pvp works 

This could be a working solution. 

However i reaaaly think, because the game is based around shipping lanes and forts n ports. that sailing needs to be mandatory. and the fact that unless youre in one of the two major alliances, you have little chance to own a claim flag, suggests that inter-server teleportation creates unbalance in the economy and power distribution.  You know mega-companies have whole islands that are barely inhabited. You put down a claim flag. all of a sudden there's 50+ dudes that seem to live there.

It takes as little as 20 minutes to claim a flag. In 20 minutes. 200 dudes across the map are alerted. it takes 2 minutes to fast travel and you and your 12 buddies, in a server populated at 14 players, all of a sudden, are facing a server cap population... Being a shipping and commodity game, they should have to sail in and risk there boats on the open water, just like you did when you came to try and steal that measly ONE flag, just so you could actually own ONE flag. But you dont, do you? and you wont, because they are coming, and they have 2000 flags, and they can teleport from anywhere to right on top of you. 

20 minutes ago, Bloody Blackjack said:

This could be a working solution. 

However i reaaaly think, because the game is based around shipping lanes and forts n ports. that sailing needs to be mandatory. and the fact that unless youre in one of the two major alliances, you have little chance to own a claim flag, suggests that inter-server teleportation creates unbalance in the economy and power distribution.  You know mega-companies have whole islands that are barely inhabited. You put down a claim flag. all of a sudden there's 50+ dudes that seem to live there.

It takes as little as 20 minutes to claim a flag. In 20 minutes. 200 dudes across the map are alerted. it takes 2 minutes to fast travel and you and your 12 buddies, in a server populated at 14 players, all of a sudden, are facing a server cap population... Being a shipping and commodity game, they should have to sail in and risk there boats on the open water, just like you did when you came to try and steal that measly ONE flag, just so you could actually own ONE flag. But you dont, do you? and you wont, because they are coming, and they have 2000 flags, and they can teleport from anywhere to right on top of you. 

yeah ive seen that when dealing with big companies

just dying and re-spawning somewhere else would be a way to get around any cool down anyway 

lowering a company's max members is the only reasonable thing when that kinda stuff happens if a server only holds 150 it would be reasonable  to limit them to 1/3 of that 50 members 

splitting big companies into smaller alliances would reduce this bed fast travel issue as well 

30 minutes ago, Daish said:

yeah ive seen that when dealing with big companies

just dying and re-spawning somewhere else would be a way to get around any cool down anyway 

lowering a company's max members is the only reasonable thing when that kinda stuff happens if a server only holds 150 it would be reasonable  to limit them to 1/3 of that 50 members 

splitting big companies into smaller alliances would reduce this bed fast travel issue as well 

Not even a little bit. Companies and alliances are managed in discord. not in game. Reducing the company maxes, would only mean they have to prepare more beds to teleport in the beta companies.   

Every successful large scale faction MMO forces you to travel to your destination. Teleportation has to be extremely limited, or else you may as well be playing a MOBA yea?

"Zerging pvp arena somewhat kinda survival if you choose to RP kinda sorta MOBA Teleporty game." NEH... i dont want that. i want "MMO PVP SURVIVAL TERRITORY CONTROL FACTION WARFARE PIRATE GAME"  

And again. most importantly. Its shipping lanes and forts and ports. If i risk my boat to steal a flag in o12 , and your in a3, you should have to risk your boat to come to 012 to defend. You just get to teleport in. and my guys teleport in... why do we build anything other than a ramshacke sloop then?

"Hey george we need gems."    

"Hey okay bruce ill teleport 5 grids over and farm them while you sail over the speed brig."

also an issue hey?  Controling multiple islands and rare resources means that large companies have all the stuff to make masses of EVERYTHING. With minimal risk.

Just sail a boat that cant be caught by anything holding cannonballs with minimal risk of confrontation, to somwhere that youve already prestaged goods because you just teleported over there.

and you can hold all these locations because???   Oh yes, because you can teleport there. because we are Pirate/celestial diety, i suppose.

Edited by Bloody Blackjack

3 hours ago, Bloody Blackjack said:

Not even a little bit. Companies and alliances are managed in discord. not in game. Reducing the company maxes, would only mean they have to prepare more beds to teleport in the beta companies.   

Every successful large scale faction MMO forces you to travel to your destination. Teleportation has to be extremely limited, or else you may as well be playing a MOBA yea?

"Zerging pvp arena somewhat kinda survival if you choose to RP kinda sorta MOBA Teleporty game." NEH... i dont want that. i want "MMO PVP SURVIVAL TERRITORY CONTROL FACTION WARFARE PIRATE GAME"  

And again. most importantly. Its shipping lanes and forts and ports. If i risk my boat to steal a flag in o12 , and your in a3, you should have to risk your boat to come to 012 to defend. You just get to teleport in. and my guys teleport in... why do we build anything other than a ramshacke sloop then?

"Hey george we need gems."    

"Hey okay bruce ill teleport 5 grids over and farm them while you sail over the speed brig."

also an issue hey?  Controling multiple islands and rare resources means that large companies have all the stuff to make masses of EVERYTHING. With minimal risk.

Just sail a boat that cant be caught by anything holding cannonballs with minimal risk of confrontation, to somwhere that youve already prestaged goods because you just teleported over there.

and you can hold all these locations because???   Oh yes, because you can teleport there. because we are Pirate/celestial diety, i suppose.

the beds wont be linked between alliances it will help the size of the company is the easiest thing to help fix this issue atm

59 minutes ago, Bloody Blackjack said:

you can place beds on allied claims. just have to allow ally build

yeah but thats two beds they need to build and defend now 
and even allies cant build with 20m of each other right? and on top of that how many big clans are going to let someone else build in their area might get them back stabbed 

Just make it so you can only fast travel across zones if your spawning on a ship. I know there are ways to inclose boats in stone garages. But large stone structures over the water are much easier to locate than the little huts in the center of the island. 

On 2/18/2019 at 5:45 PM, JadedGamer said:

Just make it so you can only fast travel across zones if your spawning on a ship. I know there are ways to inclose boats in stone garages. But large stone structures over the water are much easier to locate than the little huts in the center of the island. 

One of the attractive points to dis-allowing cross server teleportation, is that it makes sailing mandatory for defenders. So enabling only to ship completely circumvents the goal. 

So one boat sails there and 120 dudes spawn in. That aint right. If your 5 grids away it should take you almost two hours to get there... which is... how long it takes to steal a flag yeah?   But nope. if your 5 grids away, you're only minutes away from defending EVERY bed in the entire atlas.. 

When you sail 3 grids to steal a flag, it takes you 1+ hour to get there. you risk traveling, you risk the bears, you risk the boat, the oil jars etc.  BUT if you leave your home island to go run 5 grids to get salt. No risk at all, cuz if you get attacked you just teleport back and you have a ready kit and mortar shot waiting for you as soon as you land from your inter dimensional  wormhole sliding.. I mean i guess theres mermaids and krakens. why cant pirate fly through time and space? yeah?