Sign in to follow this  
Writhes

Mermaid

18 minutes ago, DeBruns said:

where u found it?

Aggro ?

Found it in D12. It's a golden age island - power stone island. I didn't know they were in game till I found this and I've been playing since release and I've been on power stone islands many times before and never saw one.

It seemed passive. After I took this screenshot I jumped into the water and it started to sing and I had either a buff or a debuff but she got scared and swam away very fast before I could see what it was. I have a screenshot of the singing but it has guild and ally chat in it and I don't want to link that.

we found one some weeks ago when SOTD didn't aggro on rafts and it made us all jump off the raft and dragged one of us to the bottom of the sea, was a funny event :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zhoutai said:

we found one some weeks ago when SOTD didn't aggro on rafts and it made us all jump off the raft and dragged one of us to the bottom of the sea, was a funny event :classic_laugh:

I heard of that somewhere. I took off all my gear when I swam to here just to be safe but she didn't drag me to the bottom of the sea rather she freaked out and swam away.

Perhaps its a 50/50 scenario she is either friendly or mean?

My character is a woman? I don't know maybe that has something to do with it?

Edited by Writhes

That's a shame, it made us all move in random directions till we jumped off the raft lol, you get the mini game (like reload) while being dragged down so if you aren't laughing and confused you could stop it before you get to the bottom

Siren not mermaid.

They are found in golden age ruin waters.  You can spot them fro m the golden circle with musical notes.  Their music will make you jump overboard.  They have low HP but every time I attack them a shark appeared.  I believe the "song" also attracts sharks.

7 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

Siren not mermaid.

They are found in golden age ruin waters.  You can spot them fro m the golden circle with musical notes.  Their music will make you jump overboard.  They have low HP but every time I attack them a shark appeared.  I believe the "song" also attracts sharks.

I have a screenshot of the name. It says mermaid. I'm just going to scratch out the chatbox. One moment.

11 minutes ago, Writhes said:

I have a screenshot of the name. It says mermaid. I'm just going to scratch out the chatbox. One moment.

My bad then.  Thought in game they were sirens (to me they are still sirens by classification.)  Mermaids of folk lore were non malicious and helpful while sirens of folk lore were malicious and deadly.  

They spawn only on gold age ruin regions.

They spawn a circle around your boat when they are near you, which forces you to unmount/unseat and jump towards the edge of the ship and into the water (if you don't get stuck in some construction).

There is a minigame you can do (punch it with each successful one) and it will let go of you, else it will drag you to bottom of the sea

They seem rare there now as well.

I was charmed by them 4 times in total (on PVE, female char), never did anything (minigame?), i allways received a kiss after getting pulled to her, so never drag to the ground and never died therefore.

I got ~50 Gems each time.

They are in the game from the beginning btw.

I have ran into them a few times. A few times right after opening a sotd loot box and a few times just sailing around. Only got pulled to the bottom once, it gave me 3 chances to escape I succeeded the third time. I knew about the three things because my brother had been pulled in once and failed all 3 in very deep water. He then was killed and his body was left at the bottom. We were going to try and dive for it but it started raining and cyclones were spawning non stop so we had to abandon his gear which sucked. The one time I got pulled down it wasn't quite as deep but I was still down in the water quite  abit but had the lung perks and was able to swim back up before dying. It happens so fast and the pop up is really quick as well and fast like the farming minigame/reload minigame. The mermaid comes back after a bit. Not sure how long they persist for. There is a circle you can see on the water with floating music notes if you manage to survive and get outside the range.