Xmun

Island availability

I've been sailing for a month and across 12 or 14 server looking for a tiny spot in any of those claimed islands without luck (I'm in PvE). All are claimed and if some claim was available i must have to play 24/7 to put my flag and wait.....so, no thanks, i'm really fine with my piece of land on lawless zones.

So, good luck with claiming. 

EU PvE .. claimed yesterday 2 pieces of land in tundra region. server had 2 people online at that time not sure why people have issues finding stuff. 

4 hours ago, Xmun said:

Im on EU-PVE, i can find a lawless island, but a friend told me if i don't log on, in 4 days i lose everything.

EU PvE N13, you can come to Glassy Island, we have lots of land if you wanna build base and multiple shipyards.

10 minutes ago, JotaCe said:

I've been sailing for a month and across 12 or 14 server looking for a tiny spot in any of those claimed islands without luck (I'm in PvE). All are claimed and if some claim was available i must have to play 24/7 to put my flag and wait.....so, no thanks, i'm really fine with my piece of land on lawless zones.

So, good luck with claiming. 

You must be doing something wrong because PvE’ers talked to me about lots of land available on PvE servers. 

8 minutes ago, Mephos said:

EU PvE .. claimed yesterday 2 pieces of land in tundra region. server had 2 people online at that time not sure why people have issues finding stuff. 

because despite their claims of sailing everywhere they are not actually getting off their ships and exploring the islands 

i have managed to get 2 small outposts by exploring and actually running about the different islands 

since 2 day in last patch seem they fix negative number, so now maybe you can but before was not possible, when flag was going to expire they was going into negative number with no way to put flag

hmm no not fixed Oo 20190218173728_1.jpg.26df67acd8d2ab59f3e1c15b224ae300.jpg

Edited by haseo

@Jean Lafitte There is good reason people are not taking you up on your offer, so many have been burned by those claiming to give free land or rent out land. You really can't get that mad about that, it's actually quite understandable.

As for lots of land available in PvE... nooo there really isn't. I sail a lot and when making my discoveries I check things out. Flags are not coming up and when they do.. they are coming into negative timers and you can't claim the flag still. Now, I know there is "some" land free down in the tundra lawless areas. But the amount comparable to the whole map.. very little. And let's be honest not everyone wants to live in the tundra/cold areas.. it is rather depressing (or at least I find them very depressing places to be). I know where servers have an average of 5 people max, mostly 3 people in the zone always but whole islands locked down.

Seems people are not playing but logging in once a week to just hold the land, because they can. I talked to a couple people who admitted to this. Very shitty if you aren't going to play then just remove the flags. But I realize once again, people are assholes.

I do hope the land claims are fixed here soon.

• Like 1

I'll admit it, I'm a lousy player but I started playing the first day. It took me awhile to figure out how to get out of freeport. Once I did, we went to a lawless island and struggled over the 10 trees on the island (remember no trees) to build a sloop. In the mean time others were spamming flags all over the oceans and islands and claiming. Once we were able to get around there was no land to be found. How can you justify players with 100's, 1000, or 3000 claims ? The tax system is stupid, what kind of pirate pays taxes ? Just because you got there first ? They need to fix the claiming system and free up more land. It's a mess now and I don't know how they are now going to take claims away from some that have way more than they need. I've also been to island where there is plenty of land away from the shore, but again it all flagged.

I also think the 21 day expiration system is way too long. How about those of us that play every day ? These land grabbers can play and only log in for a minute every 20 days and keep the land tied up. This even happens on lawless. It's funny, on the islands where all the land is taken with 21 day timers there is nobody playing. Nobody is around for the most part, why ? I love this games, I love sailing around and exploring, I just wish there was land to claim for ourselves. For those of you that are land barons who want to rent I say thanks. In many ways, your the exception. Even though I hate the idea of paying taxes I thank you for trying to help others while you help yourself through their hard work, gathering resources. Just MY opinion from a lousy player. Don't hate me for being one and telling you how I feel, be it right or wrong.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dreadmill said:

Lol, you worked. When I’m working I actually build real things. I play to relax and enjoy company. Working to maintain something that isn’t real sounds insane. Don’t get me wrong, I can appreciate the effort you put into the game and I hope you’re having a great time. Lawless has let me play from day 1 with no worries, a great island community and no red spots all over my map. I never have to be concerned with contested flags and I build whatever I want at my own pace. To each their own but I hope all PVE goes Lawless.

No, you have to worry about pillar spam, foundation spam, raft spam, people building walls around your house, bocking you in, logging in every 3 days to make sure nobody demolishes your stuff. 

I use the word work to imply making the effort as opposed to having everything handed to you on a silver platter. There's a story told by a famous motivational speaker and salesman, Zig Ziglar. He brings an old fashioned well pump on stage as a prop.  He demonstrates how you have to prime that pump.  You pump and pump and keep pumping, even though no water comes out.  But once the pump is primed, the pumping becomes so easy, and the flow of water becomes a steady stream. If you stop pumping, the water goes back down in the well and you lose the prime and have to start pumping hard all over again.

Nobody wants to pump any more. They just want.

94938-287x425-Wellwaterpump.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ivah BlackWater said:

@Jean Lafitte There is good reason people are not taking you up on your offer, so many have been burned by those claiming to give free land or rent out land. You really can't get that mad about that, it's actually quite understandable.

I'm far from mad. I just don't sympathize.

When the 'allow everyone' flag patch first came in, I forgot to set a few.  Some random guy found one of my claims set to everyone and started building.  I had no problem whatsoever with that. But, I had no idea who this person was.  If you're going to plop a shanty down right beside my house, I'd like to know who you are. Therefore, I set the claim they built on to company only. But, I didn't demolish their structure.  Instead, I changed the notice on my claim to tell this person to contact me, let's talk.  The next day, the structure and their boat was gone.

I am honestly trying to help people get started in this game provided they aren't dicks.  I am not going to start dropping claims and just 'hope for the best.'  But I have no problem giving a claim to a good neighbor who's willing to put in the effort.

Are their assholes and griefers in this game? Yes... in every game.  

This game models itself (to a degree) off of EVE Online. In Eve there are safe systems that are NPC owned and then there are claimable systems. In the safe systems, you don't have to worry much but you don't own the system. You don't make the rules. In those others, players claim them, own them and do make the rules.  You do not start a new character in EVE Online and then bitch and whine because you don't own a system.  You grow some balls, start a corporation, join an alliance and you go TAKE those systems.

But hey, that requires... effort and who wants to be proud of an accomplishment when you can just keep bitching until the dev's hand it to you...

8 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

No, you have to worry about pillar spam, foundation spam, raft spam, people building walls around your house, bocking you in, logging in every 3 days to make sure nobody demolishes your stuff. 

I use the word work to imply making the effort as opposed to having everything handed to you on a silver platter. There's a story told by a famous motivational speaker and salesman, Zig Ziglar. He brings an old fashioned well pump on stage as a prop.  He demonstrates how you have to prime that pump.  You pump and pump and keep pumping, even though no water comes out.  But once the pump is primed, the pumping becomes so easy, and the flow of water becomes a steady stream. If you stop pumping, the water goes back down in the well and you lose the prime and have to start pumping hard all over again.

Nobody wants to pump any more. They just want.

say the guys who are too lazy to grind himself

you cant even admit that claim system dont belong to pve at least no at it is now

you say we dont move our ass to get land, how you can know? how many playtime you have? how many island you discover? 

useless to speak with you, you re stuck on you re idea, thinking everyone lie or are to lazy to discover...

18 minutes ago, haseo said:

say the guys who are too lazy to grind himself

This is what my claim looked like a month ago when it was just me. That was built entirely with a pickaxe, hatchet, scythe and a horse, and that's with almost no fiber on the island and no metal nodes in the grid and enough aggros that I was dying 40-50 times a day. This was done before we even put up a tax bank so don't talk to me about lazy. 

nsgkFtl.jpg

you cant even admit that claim system dont belong to pve at least no at it is now

I'll admit that the claim system works fine for those who want to put in the effort. For those who want shit handed to them, it sucks.

you say we dont move our ass to get land, how you can know? how many playtime you have? how many island you discover? 

686 hours. You?

useless to speak with you, you re stuck on you re idea, thinking everyone lie or are to lazy to discover...

Wrong. I'm very open to new ideas. I'd be happy to listen. 

But when I hear comments like 'oh, the tundra is too depressing' or 'I sailed for days and all I saw were red dots so I never got off my ship to look' or 'omg I'd have to train fortitude instead of carry weight'...  I have 0 sympathy.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

This is what my claim looked like a month ago when it was just me. That was built entirely with a pickaxe, hatchet, scythe and a horse, and that's with almost no fiber on the island and no metal nodes in the grid. This was done before we even put up a tax bank so don't talk to me about lazy. 

nsgkFtl.jpg

I'll admit that the claim system works fine for those who want to put in the effort. For those who want shit handed to them, it sucks.

686 hours. You?

Wrong. I'm very open to new ideas. I'd be happy to listen. 

But when I hear comments like 'oh, the tundra is too depressing' or 'I sailed for days and all I saw were red dots so I never got off my ship to look' or 'omg I'd have to train fortitude instead of carry weight'...  I have 0 sympathy.

921, so no im not lazy and i put effort at it, i dont want thing handed to me, i dont even loot the build i demolish, i m probably just unlucky since the 3 week patch i ve never be able to put any flag, and like i say i just want to put them to remove the taxe and grind to my heart content, even if i get land and build on it ,i will probably not put any taxe cause i dont like it,

3 hours ago, haseo said:

yea so have to rent you re land for week.... and nothing say you re not going to change you re mind or destroy everything like almost all ppl in claim land...

And if he does you're not materially worse off than you were before, but if he doesn't, you now have land. Downside here?

Obviously you'd want to get to know the person you're entering into this arrangment with some beforehand, but dismissing it out of hand by claiming you know how "almost all people in land claim" do is not a supportable assertion. You can't credibly claim to know how almost all people who hold land behave, only the sample size of your own personal experience, which by definition is too small to make categorical claims about, regardless of how much sailing around you've done.

and this is what our main base looks like now, including the new player housing with the thatch roof and we STILL haven't touched what's in the tax bank.

HRdTBMq.jpg

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I don't know why but when I play the game after work I want to play the game. I'm putting effort when I'm in my office and want to relax in the world of Atlas. Claim system in pve is broken and devs need to fix it if they want to keep players on official servers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MacLobuzz said:

I don't know why but when I play the game after work I want to play the game. I'm putting effort when I'm in my office and want to relax in the world of Atlas. Claim system in pve is broken and devs need to fix it if they want to keep players on official servers.

In any game with a finite resource like land that can be owned by individual players, no matter how the claim system is designed part of playing the game is always going to be dealing with the inevitable realities this presents. So if putting effort into dealing with this challenge is not one you want to take on, you should be aware that changes to the claim system might alter it in ways you like, but it will never be removed as an issue all players will have to contend with in one way or another.

Finite resources, absolutely. Fixing this might help.

claim2.jpg.64d5d404b04e11145b1dbc2483a235dc.jpg87864899_highclaims.jpg.16a339faffe3addf2a9f0e2fb65acaa1.jpg

Can anyone explain to me why this is alright ? Also explain why or how so many flags are in open seas ?

4 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

Finite resources, absolutely. Fixing this might help.

claim2.jpg.64d5d404b04e11145b1dbc2483a235dc.jpg87864899_highclaims.jpg.16a339faffe3addf2a9f0e2fb65acaa1.jpg

Can anyone explain to me why this is alright ? Also explain why or how so many flags are in open seas ?

Flags in open seas makes little sense to me as things stand right now. If the developers make underwater basing a thing as the new patch suggests might be coming with submarine, giant crab and an underwater biome, then maybe it would make sense, but at present no. Also I agree that what you are showing is a flaw that needs fixing. The present system definitely needs a rethink, I'm just saying that no matter what you do, even if it's an improvement, there will be a core reality everyone must contend with.

3 hours ago, Percieval said:

You must be doing something wrong because PvE’ers talked to me about lots of land available on PvE servers. 

Yes, i'm not wasting anymore my time looking for a claimed zone. I'm active player, playing like 2 hours daily, i already found 3 places in different lawless zones (with different resources), that turn off my interest to keep my eyes on each flag and claimed lands and all the claim process.

@Jean Lafitte Just because your experience in the game is going a lot better than some others doesn't mean there aren't glaring issues happening. The WHOLE claim system is flawed. Your excuses for having 0 sympathy for others is just childish. Most people are putting in the time and effort. Seems YOU are trying to make excuses up to get others pissed off and even more frustrated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

a small army of pigs

Seriously, i mean why the fuck?

(All the rest of your post i agree with, but the pigs... da fuq for?)

28 minutes ago, Ivah BlackWater said:

@Jean Lafitte Just because your experience in the game is going a lot better than some others doesn't mean there aren't glaring issues happening. 

My experience is going better because I made it go better. I did not sail by islands and say, 'oh damn, that one is all claimed.'  I did not run around the island I landed on and start pissing off the neighbors by trying to take their claims.  I did not yell at everyone who pulled into my harbor and say, "Get the fuck off my land."

I'm going to say this again. You can't expect to join a game like this or EVE Online and immediately declare yourself emperor supreme and expect everyone to not laugh at you. But if you aren't willing to put forth the effort, if you aren't willing to make friends and if you aren't willing to learn the art of diplomacy then the only thing stopping you from becoming emperor in Atlas... is you.

As far as I'm concerned, the claim system works as intended.

55 minutes ago, Gindorf said:

Seriously, i mean why the fuck?

(All the rest of your post i agree with, but the pigs... da fuq for?)

It was 18 pigs.  I'm down to 5 all lvl 30+.  They sit outside our stable as 'bait.'  Any aggressive animal, short of an alpha, that wanders into our yard... gets rootered.  We hear a bunch of squealing, a bunch of grunting followed by... Bacon just killed a wolf lvl XX.

Double tame, <5 minutes with maize and you have your first soldier.  Put them into a tame group and use j and u to move them around.  Set them on neutral and they'll assist each other.  That group of 18 has lasted more than 2 weeks now and are still killing.

And our gardener loves the insta poop.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

37 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

It was 18 pigs.  I'm down to 5 all lvl 30+.  They sit outside our stable as 'bait.'  Any aggressive animal, short of an alpha, that wanders into our yard... get rootered.  We hear a bunch of squealing, a bunch of grunting followed by... Bacon just killed a wolf lvl XX.

Double tame, <5 minutes with maize and you have your first soldier.  Put them into a tame group and use j and u to move them around.  Set them on neutral and they'll assist each other.  That group of 18 has lasted more than 2 weeks now and are still killing.

And our gardener loves the insta poop.

Yeah I know the gardener personally. He does.

Edited by boomervoncannon