Xmun

Island availability

Hi im new on this game and i love it, but i have an issue with it, did more than two days trying to find an island with a small place were i can claim it so i can build atleast a small house. Is there a way to know which island have some space not claimed on them?

If you’re on PVE, find a lawless island with some space, plentiful resources and vibrant communities. Most claimable sectors are ghost towns with nothing but flag spam.

honestly, best thing I did.

• Like 2

Im on EU-PVE, i can find a lawless island, but a friend told me if i don't log on, in 4 days i lose everything.

Just go to whatever place you want to build and start filling up with your small crap ships, that is what people is doing since there is no way to destroy this ships, and then ask for some land or you will fill up all the territory with crap litle ships...

19 minutes ago, Xmun said:

Im on EU-PVE, i can find a lawless island, but a friend told me if i don't log on, in 4 days i lose everything.

Many people live on lawless. Yes, if you do not log in for 4 days, others can delete your objects. So, even if your not playing just log in for a minute. Don't know what to tell you about being away for more than 4 days.

22 minutes ago, Xmun said:

I'm on lawless and wouldn't even move now if someone offered me a flag, it's so much better and friendlier. I've built a base and many ships on lawless, we all help each other out on my island and look after each other.

Yes you have to log in 1 every 4 days but I'm sure if you're serious enough about playing you can log in at least 1? You will hit a long list of problem on territory claims so I wouldn't bother if I was you until they fix it or server wipe when it comes.

You will get people who will say "we can give you land" I would be very cautious trusting people in this way as whatever you build on it they can take it from under your feet if they wish. If you are still only interested in claims then yes make sure you get your own flag and not build on someones land. I have no interest in spending weeks searching islands for flags but good luck to you.  

• Like 2

And if you find a flag to contest you have to hanging around it for 4 hours. So much fun... Time you can invest better. Had found 1 saw the time and made a macro and went to bed.  Next day I was death in the middle of the ocean and a player with block in his name had the spot.... So much fun contesting claims in pve... Not...

The 21 day timers are expiring now, so you should find land you can claim on those that ran out.

They really need a mechanic to remove inactive flags after tombstoned.. Example 21 days countdown as normal, then after 1-2 weeks more remove the flag entirely automatically.

1 hour ago, Shintai said:

The 21 day timers are expiring now, so you should find land you can claim on those that ran out.

They really need a mechanic to remove inactive flags after tombstoned.. Example 21 days countdown as normal, then after 1-2 weeks more remove the flag entirely automatically.

I went from west to east and all the islands are still all in red dots heheh

5 minutes ago, Xmun said:

I went from west to east and all the islands are still all in red dots heheh

Yes, you need to check every single red dot.

But a good example why inactive flags needs to be removed.

5 hours ago, Xmun said:

Hi im new on this game and i love it, but i have an issue with it, did more than two days trying to find an island with a small place were i can claim it so i can build atleast a small house.

Sorry, I no longer have pity for these 'no land' posts.

For weeks I've been trying to give away land. All the person has to do is stay there a few weeks and prove they're not a griefer or asshat and aren't going to piss off the neighbors and I'll give them claims.  Do you know how many people have responded to my post?

3 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

For weeks I've been trying to give away land. All the person has to do is stay there a few weeks and prove they're not a griefer or asshat and aren't going to piss off the neighbors and I'll give them claims.  Do you know how many people have responded to my post?

yea so have to rent you re land for week.... and nothing say you re not going to change you re mind or destroy everything like almost all ppl in claim land...

• Like 1

My company only sets up in lawless, and yeah we've found that the community tends to... exist.  Most claim servers, we're the only people on the server most of the time, but on Lawless there are people to talk with, trade, help each other out etc.  And renting land is just a terrible system, hearing about people getting kicked from land for not making quota for their benevolent overlords.  Pass.  I'll take Lawless... because at least there everybody has to play by rules (there's irony there)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, haseo said:

yea so have to rent you re land for week.... and nothing say you re not going to change you re mind or destroy everything like almost all ppl in claim land...

Oh jeezus, you got me there!  All those massive resources you gather and the structures you build... I could OWN THEM ALL!

We have over 80 claims, 8 elephants, 5 rhinos, gobs and gobs of horses and bears, a small army of pigs, and more ships than we have players.  Do you seriously think I have the time or even give a shit about a shanty on a beach?

Let me give you a lesson in economics.  We have, like most everyone else on the island, a 20% tax.  If I give you a waterfront claim, I get to collect taxes on the claims behind that that you farm.  It would be STUPID of me to block building on a claim when I collect taxes off the 20 claims behind it.

My concern is assholes.  We don't have any on the island where we live and I don't want any.  Prove to me that you're not an asshole and you get the claim.  It's just that simple.

*edit*

Hell, I've even offered a free bear and a horse to anyone who moves on the claim to compensate for the taxes.  But you know what the problem is, it's in the tundra and everyone seems to have this idea in their head that if they're not getting a silver spoon shoved up their ass, they want no part of it.

Again, I have no pity for these 'no-land' posts.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

The whole land claiming system is ridiculous and ruined the game for most players that have already left and will never return.

This game only favours mega companies it's simply not a pirate game but a land control flag spamming farmville simulator.

3 minutes ago, Rats said:

This game only favours mega companies it's simply not a pirate game but a land control flag spamming farmville simulator.

Wrong. It favors those who are willing to WORK for what they want.  I started with a raft and 1 claim. My company now holds 80 and we WORKED for every single one of those and continue to WORK to maintain them.

You can either sit on your ass and bitch about how it doesn't WORK or make it WORK for you.  Your choice.

*see what I did there?*

You must of been one of the few who got away from a freeport on launch when everybody else was stuck there for almost a week with the lagfest, which will go down in history as the worst ever game launch ever.

7 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Oh jeezus, you got me there!  All those massive resources you gather and the structures you build... I could OWN THEM ALL!

We have over 80 claims, 8 elephants, 5 rhinos, gobs and gobs of horses and bears, a small army of pigs, and more ships than we have players.  Do you seriously think I have the time or even give a shit about a shanty on a beach?

Let me give you a lesson in economics.  We have, like most everyone else on the island, a 20% tax.  If I give you a waterfront claim, I get to collect taxes on the claims behind that that you farm.  It would be STUPID of me to block building on a claim when I collect taxes off the 20 claims behind it.

My concern is assholes.  We don't have any on the island where we live and I don't want any.  Prove to me that you're not an asshole and you get the claim.  It's just that simple.

lol 80 flag and 20% taxe so you re part of the ppl who kill the pve

if i was living on you re island i would lost 180h gametime

if you re a real pve player you know this is wrong

btw i dont want land i just dont want to pay stupide tax

• Like 1

Just now, Rats said:

You must of been one of the few who got away from a freeport on launch when everybody else was stuck there for almost a week with the lagfest, which will go down in history as the worst ever game launch ever.

Ummm nope. I started in G8 and played there for about 2 weeks. Server crashed, came back to find I owned nothing.
Joined a company for about a week, decided they were asshats and left.
Sailed around for a week or two looking for a place.
Found one and called it home.

Then again, I never looked at those red dots and assumed they couldn't be taken and cried, 'no land, waaaa.'

28 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Tell me where is the island and i will come for sure 😁

2 minutes ago, haseo said:

lol 80 flag and 20% taxe so you re part of the ppl who kill the pve

if i was living on you re island i would lost 180h gametime

if you re a real pve player you know this is wrong

btw i dont want land i just dont want to pay stupide tax

Because you're ENTITLED to a claim with no tax.  Right?

Funny, I let a single claim go to a group a few weeks ago.  The claim behind them, I own and tax. And ya know what?  They love it.  As a matter of fact, we go to their claims in the polar regions to collect metal and... get this... we pay THEM taxes now.

But hey, they were willing to work for it.  I guess that's just not you, is it?

3 minutes ago, Xmun said:

Tell me where is the island and i will come for sure 😁

I can do better than that. I can show you TWO claims I'll give away and even give you pictures.

Now, if you're serious... pm me.

If someone is ready to give me just one flag where i can build something im ready to travel to that island. I just need a place where i can build and farm my things. Im not a griefer or anything like that, normally im the one who got griefed cause im a good guy.

We take 5% rent, usually we set our renters free after a while when they prove they are worth it.